Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Has Lebron James exceeded, met, or failed your expectations?

This "LeBron doesn't work to improve his game" shit is so retarded. When LeBron entered the league he was not a good defender, had a broke jumper and didn't always involve his teammates as much as he could have. LeBron today is an excellent defende, has a very good jumpshot (yes, he does! tired of repeating this. ****ing watch him play ) and is a very good team player. But yeah, he hasn't worked on his game at all

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    This "LeBron doesn't work to improve his game" shit is so retarded. When LeBron entered the league he was not a good defender, had a broke jumper and didn't always involve his teammates as much as he could have. LeBron today is an excellent defende, has a very good jumpshot (yes, he does! tired of repeating this. ****ing watch him play ) and is a very good team player. But yeah, he hasn't worked on his game at all
    *FYI - you've had some nice posts lately ... I am wondering -
    Has he failed any of your expectations ??

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    *FYI - you've had some nice posts lately ... I am wondering -
    Has he failed any of your expectations ??
    Thanks

I wasn't a real LeBron fan until around 2008 or so (I'm a T-Mac fan first and foremost ) so I didn't have too many expectations for him before that. I'd say he met or exceeded expectations as of 2008, which is when I started watching him. Since I have been a fan, he has met most of my expectations, but I was dissapointed he left Cleveland and he definitely disappointed me in the NBA finals this past year.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Exceeded by far.

Based on his first couple of seasons, I could've never imagined him becoming as good as he did. Up until 3 years ago, couldn't have dreamed of him becoming as skilled as he is. On the downside, I also didn't expect him to be well past his prime by 26.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    You're naive if you think LeBron has a superior skillset. That's all I was saying. You're right, he has improved since his rookie year. That's expected. It's not really related to what I was trying to say. I disagree about the ball movement thing. He's always been great at distributing, and always been a willing passer. That hasn't really changed, IMO. No doubt his defense is better. No doubt he can hit an open shot.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

I thought he should have had at least one by now especially with last years squad. Expected a finals appearance in 09 or 10 too. Still a great player though....I believe he definitely wins a couple before his career is done.

Met my expectations for sure.

Even though I'm a Cavalieres fan, I'm going to be honest and say exceeded. Personally when the media hypes talent up I tend to drop that hype a notch or two lower than what they're hyping. I didn't think LeBron would be a possibly all-time great which has an awesome chance to do, but with how good he is, if he ends his great without winning, it will be a huge disappointment.

I do think if he won just one championship in Cleveland, it would've solidified his legacy more than winning several in Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by 7_cody
    You're naive if you think LeBron has a superior skillset. That's all I was saying. You're right, he has improved since his rookie year. That's expected. It's not really related to what I was trying to say. I disagree about the ball movement thing. He's always been great at distributing, and always been a willing passer. That hasn't really changed, IMO. No doubt his defense is better. No doubt he can hit an open shot.
    LeBron has always been able to hit open shots you moron, who the **** can't? LeBron today hits a lot of contested jumpshots, but of course you won't admit that because it doesn't fit your agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    It's not an excuse dipshit. Kobe's rings are evidence of his greatness.

And by the way, Kobe got his team a ring in 09 and 10, not the other way around. Kobe pretty much carried them. Yeah, it was a pretty decent supporting cast, but they wouldn't have even gotten past the Suns in the WCF in 2010 if it wasn't for Kobe's heroics.
    Not really, Kobe was "clearly" the best player on only one of his Championship teams (09).

Gasol should have won FMVP in 2010 and was arguably the best player for LA over the entire playoffs that year.

Gasol led the team in Playoff WShares by a huge margin and was tied with Bryant in overall Production.

LoL @ Kobe carrying them.

If not for Gasol being the FMVP and Fisher/Artest coming up huge constantly in the Clutch for LA Boston would have smashed them to pieces.

#1.
    Facts :
    LA only won a single game where Kobe outplayed Pau (G3 @ BOS) (and they both were terrible that game).

Gasol was the best player in 4/7 Games

Gasol was much better in the two most critical games of the series G6 and G7

(Gasol turned into Mr. Clutch in the Final 3 minutes of Game 7 scoring 8 points and coming up with a clutch block on pierce.
    Kobe's only contribution in the Final 3 Minutes when the Celtics were fighting hard to tie the game or take the lead was 2 points and they came off a Gasol assist.

---------------------------

#2.
    Lets look at how both Gasol and Kobe performed in the 4 Laker Wins (2010 Finalz)

Kobe
    26.5 PPG
    10 RPG
    3.75 APG
    37%FG
    2 SPG

Gasol
    19 PPG
    14 RPG (6 Offensive Rebounds Per Game)
    5 APG
    46%FG
    2.5 BPG

In the Games the Lakers won Kobe played poorly and Gasol played well.
    So really.. Kobe is a great player (9-15 All-Time) but he has relied quite heavily on his supporting Casts throughout the years.
    Last edited by 32Dayz; 11-08-2011 at 12:19 AM.

Way exceeded. There's only a few players that I actually buy into the hype and those guys are rarley players coming out of high school

he met it
    Last edited by Bigsmoke; 11-08-2011 at 10:52 AM.