Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Default Re: ISH's #17 Player of Alltime

zeke

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FF1
    Everyone is totally entitled to their opinion... but (rightfully) not many people are going to agree with the notion that Robinson was superior to Dirk. One was a legitimately unstoppable #1 option.. one won as a sidekick.

Both got embarrassed on the defensive end by a top-10 big man (Hakeem, Duncan). Other than that, Dirk hasn't really gotten punked by another PF.

One thing that really bugs me is that people admit that Dirk's O > KG's O but say that KG's D >>>>>> Dirk's D...... yet Dirk completely owned him when they faced up in the playoffs. Why didn't KG average 50? And don't give me that help D crap, unless you think Raef Lafrentz was owning KG. Why didn't KG shut Dirk down? Almost everyone admits that Dirk is playing his best ball now, but even back then he averaged 33/16 against KG's "amazing defense".

Another problem with KG was that he would get his points so his averages were respectable.. but he almost never carried a team down the stretch. "KG" and "hitting big shots" don't really go together.

It's funny.. Until Dirk won his ring, the haters said "ya.. ya.. He's clutch. He's amazing. But he can't win the big one, so until then we won't rank him up there". Now the hate is "you're only saying he's that good because he won a ring"..... That's the only thing you said was missing! YOU all are the ones who said the ring would make the difference.

But lets not pretend like people are hyping up Dirk because of this one year. Dirk's playoff numbers besides 07 (I admit Dirk had a HORRIBLE series) have always been incredible and better than KG/Robinson's numbers.
    Bingo. The reason for Dirk jumping up all time lists is that the only reason he wasn't in the top 20 already was because he didn't have a ring. Now that he does. He has everything to rank a player in the top 20. He's got some of the best playoff numbers ever. Some of the best regular season success and longevity ever. He's had a legendary playoff run. Clutch moments. 5-0 in game 7's. Arguably the best elimination game player of the last 30 years. He's never played less than 73 games in a full season. The list goes on and on....11 straight seasons over 50 wins even with a ton of turnover in players and coaches.

There is nothing left for him to do. He's even accomplished a ton overseas playing. Got Germany into the Olympics...etc.

Its one of the best careers we've ever seen. And it happens to belong to one of the best players ever that amassed all that above playing in an era with one of the toughest conferences ever with 3 top 10 players of all time in their primes. 2 of which (shaq/kobe) played on the same team. Always having less help than them all.

He's done a lot of special things. Really nothing left to say other than he's one of the 20 best players ever. Thats it.

Very good NBA starter

No, he's not. I could easily name 20 players better at the game of basketball.

Easily. Dork=most overrated player ever.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    No, he's not. I could easily name 20 players better at the game of basketball.

Easily. Dork=most overrated player ever.
    You can't easily do it because after about 15.....you'd start to struggle. Could you argue 20? Sure....And I could argue Dirk in the top 15.

Doesn't really matter to me.

Just great seeing Dirk get his due.

Oh, and why don't you post a list with Dirk outside the top 25 that has been done since the finals? I'll be waiting.....I've seen at least 5 lists with Dirk in the top 20 now. I guess they are all Dirk Stans....

Good High School Starter Miller for 3's Avatar

David Robinson

Bob Cousy

Banned

Really? People are still responding to Jacks3?

I voted for Dirk but it doesn't seem right. I guess Dirk and Garnett are above Robinson career wise and in the all-time list but in their respective primes/peaks? Robinson is clearly ahead of those two.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by DaPerceive
    Really? People are still responding to Jacks3?
    why u sad tho?

David Robinson