Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 152223242526272835 ... LastLast
    Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

My thoughts on the game after playing this for MANY hours the past couple days:

+ Really nice looking and huge outside world.
    + Some fantastic side quests. I haven't finished the main quest yet but there have been some great side quests that have taken my attention. In particular the entire Mages College storyline.
    + Much better voice acting compared to Oblivion.
    + Decent level-scaling and skill systems.
    + Having different factions to choose from and take a definitive side in the war is a nice bit of giving you power in the story.
    + Much better dungeons than Oblivion. Still not a whole lot of variety in terms of design but enough to satisfy me.

- Awful interface/menus. If there was a game that could benefit from the standard RPG of "dress your character screen", it's Skyrim. Maybe it's all they can do for consoles but on PC, I should be able to use my mouse more.
    - A lot of the NPCs are totally dull. Don't expect any entertaining conversations. It's your standard medieval "blah blah blah, my lord!" fare.
    - Combat can be boring. Pretty much the same old combat system as in Oblivion and Morrowind.
    - The physics suck. I can scale down the sides of mountains without taking damage just by hugging the side of it.
    - Some buggy quests that stop working for no reason.

Overall a very good game though. I still liked Fallout New Vegas more as I thought that had a far more interesting world, characters and story to explore but Skyrim is close behind.

8.5/10

Top 10 game. So much to do, so little time.

NBA lottery pick

The more I read about this the more I want to pick it up.

http://ppsh-41.tumblr.com/post/13145...lt-into-skyrim

Oh hell naw. I got to travel from the Greybeard temple to ukerstead or something like that.

Questions -

I've noticed that stealing in general is much easier to get away with then it was in Oblivion. So as long as I'm not actually witnessed performing the crime can I not receive punishment? I was in Arcadias alchemy shop yesterday and while she was in her bedroom upstairs I pretty well raided her stash of potions in the main room. So my horrible thieving ways will go unpunished no?

And does your armor and weapons wear out over time?

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    Questions -

I've noticed that stealing in general is much easier to get away with then it was in Oblivion. So as long as I'm not actually witnessed performing the crime can I not receive punishment? I was in Arcadias alchemy shop yesterday and while she was in her bedroom upstairs I pretty well raided her stash of potions in the main room. So my horrible thieving ways will go unpunished no?

And does your armor and weapons wear out over time?
    Yes, stealing is way easier. Just don't be in someone's line of sight and you're good to go. I've pillaged entire shops just when the shopkeeper's back is turned.

Armour/weapons don't wear down.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Yes, stealing is way easier. Just don't be in someone's line of sight and you're good to go. I've pillaged entire shops just when the shopkeeper's back is turned.

Well good then because I think I have a mild ocd addiction to stealing everything I can get my hands on that renders a return value.

Reason why I asked is cause I took a nap in one of the sleeping bags near that Alvar dudes pad and upon waking up, 3 bandits approached me looking to throw me a beating. After I dealt with them I found a contract letter on one of them that was written by some Gerda biotch who dispatched these goons after me for being a thief. I guess she must have caught me robbing something from her at one point.

I'll tell you one thing though. The next time I encounter this snitch b*itch Gerda, I'm robbing her first born and every valued item she owns. Then I'm gunna kindly introduce her to my 3 foot steel sword. Then I'm gunna proceed to guzzle a quart of the filthiest mead I can find. Then I'm gunna relieve myself on her carcass ala R.Kelly styles...

PS - Verlander winning the AL MVP was a crock of sh*it in my opinion...

Back to mead urine...

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Problem is you need to do the quest lines for Thieves and Brotherhood to find someone to buy stolen goods. Unless you guys found a free one. I think there is one but I forgot who.

Ahhhhh so I can't sell the items I punk off?

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    Ahhhhh so I can't sell the items I punk off?
    Yes you can. I've been selling them all over different shops. I don't know if you just have to go to a different city or what but you can definitely sell stolen stuff. I've gotten thousands of gold from stolen necklaces and rings.

Yes you can. I've been selling them all over different shops. I don't know if you just have to go to a different city or what but you can definitely sell stolen stuff. I've gotten thousands of gold from stolen necklaces and rings.
    Thank you sir. Exactly what I wanted to hear...

Even though I'd still steal like a rabid crook if I couldn't turn my findings into profit. Cause I'm just a gully medieval bastar*d like that

damn want this game bad but according to this site, my computer isn't good enough to run it

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com...4-1c082c56447c

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    damn want this game bad but according to this site, my computer isn't good enough to run it

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com...4-1c082c56447c
    Your computer is good enough to run it...

but your videocard.... ouch.... it will bottleneck you like hell it seems... what videocard is that anyways? or excuse me... you dont even have a videocard technically speaking, its just a integrated graphics chipset

i think you could still give it a try on low settings
    Last edited by pauk; 11-23-2011 at 05:32 PM.