Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Decent playground baller

Default Re: European League Scrubs/Role Players That Started In NBA And/Or Are Lotto Picks

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Omri Casspi role on Maccabi = garbage man/hustle player

Omri Casspi role in NBA = one step above that

And this was true the instant he entered the NBA.
    Casspi averaged 9 points and 3 rebounds on 50% shooting the last year he played on Maccabi, before he left. He was only 20 years old.

Its quite possible he has developed into a better player, yet he stats in NBA are not better than what he averaged his last season in Europe being 20 years old, age at which most of NBA players are at university.

Default Re: European League Scrubs/Role Players That Started In NBA And/Or Are Lotto Picks

[QUOTE=JohnnyWall][LIST][*]2008 Olympics Basketball Silver Medal[*]2009 FIBA Gold Medal[*]MVP of FIBA U-16 Championship (averaged 22.3 points, 12.8 rebounds, 7.1 assists, 6.5 steals. In the final, accumulated 51 points, 24 rebounds, 12 assists and 11 steals.)[*]Won the Spanish ACB League Rising Star Award: (2007)[*]3
    Last edited by Euroleague; 11-10-2011 at 09:18 PM.

Default Re: European Scrubs/Role Players That Start In NBA/And Or Are Lotto Picks

Quote Originally Posted by ThemBombs
    Dirk Nowitzki: first and only European player ever to win NBA MVP
    Tony Parker and Dirk Nowitzki: only Euro's to win FMVP

the sun rises, the sun sets, Euroleague is proven wrong once again.
    European player clowning the NBA playoffs. A white guy no less. Sad day for the North American League.

Decent playground baller

So what?

Deron Williams has not played a single game in the Euroleague, and on a daily basis you and numerous others here call him the "GOAT Euroleague player".

You have personally said he is dominating the Euroelague and is the best player in the Euroleague about 50 times in this forum.

He has never played a single Euroleague game in his life.

Your point?
    Deron Williams would rock Euroleague.

He is probably the best player in Europe right now along with Tony Parker. And none of them play Euroleague. Yet every coach of every EL team would probably swap their starting PG for any of those two

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    Why are you including stats from when he was like 19? If you want to at least make the comparison fair, use his last year in the Euroleague, and his first year in the NBA. That would be the only way to make sure the talent was close right? Unless of course you don't think players improve from when they're 19 to when they're 22.
    WTF?

Is this the forum where Adam Morrison is named as the GOAT player of Europe? is this the forum where a guy can score 30 points in the Georgian League and if he is American have that listed as a "Euroleague game"?

is this the forum where Nicolas Batum is said to be "the Larry Bird of Euroleague"?

Why don't you tell me how many damn games Casspi started and why don't you tell me how a strict hustle player in Euroleague instantly got better the second he stepped on an NBA floor.

Otherwise you are going straight to my ignore list.

Good High School Starter ThemBombs's Avatar

Default Re: European Scrubs/Role Players That Start In NBA/And Or Are Lotto Picks

European player clowning the NBA playoffs. A white guy no less. Sad day for the North American League.
    ...not really, when it happened only twice in NBA history
    whereas Anthony Parker was Euroleague MVP.... TWICE IN A ROW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyman
    Casspi averaged 9 points and 3 rebounds on 50% shooting the last year he played on Maccabi, before he left. He was only 20 years old.

Its quite possible he has developed into a better player, yet he stats in NBA are not better than what he averaged his last season in Europe being 20 years old, age at which most of NBA players are at university.
    What?

According to this forum every single player in the NBA that played in Europe and was drafted from there and then came to the nBA was a "dominant superstar in Europe."

1000 times it is said here that "all of the best players in the history of Europe came to the NBA".

"Every single one of the best European players are in the NBA."

Now all of a sudden it's, oh yeah well of course they were just role players in Europe too, just like in NBA.

This is your genius counter argument to the point of this thread.

Last edited by Euroleague; 11-10-2011 at 09:24 PM.

Banned

WTF?

Is this the forum where Adam Morrison is named as the GOAT player of Europe? is this the forum where a guy can score 30 points in the Georgian League and if he is American have that listed as a "Euroleague game"?

is this the forum where Nicolas Batum is said to be "the Larry Bird of Euroleague"?

Why don't you tell me how many damn games Casspi started and why don't you tell me how a strict hustle player in Euroleague instantly got better the second he stepped on an NBA floor.

WTF?

Why are you attributing what others have said to me? If I've never said any of that why is it being held against me? The fact of the matter is in his last Euroleague season, he was a starter. Why not call him a "starter" in your OP?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Yeah and NBA greatest 50 players did not include European born Wilkins.

.....it didnt actually. It was kinda a big argument at the time....

Quote Originally Posted by Hyman
    Deron Williams would rock Euroleague.

He is probably the best player in Europe right now along with Tony Parker. And none of them play Euroleague. Yet every coach of every EL team would probably swap their starting PG for any of those two
    Neither one of them plays in the Euroleague. Which is why this forum is so full of shit with all the endless bull shit it posts on a daily basis about how these guys and Morrison and others "are dominating Euroleague".

You know what, Navarro is dominating the NBA right freaking now too.

Banned

Which is why this forum is so full of shit with all the endless bull shit it posts on a daily basis about how these guys and Morrison and others "are dominating Euroleague".
    Then why are you constantly on this forum?

Good college starter

you forgot

Nate Napoleon Dynamite Huffman

and

Joseph Blair

Yeah, and a team made up of 12 Greek League players beat Team USA's a team.

Euroleague why are you too cowardly to admit you live in Arkansas? You can't call anyone a "chicken" until you address this. If you do, we may take you more seriously, at least just a little bit. Now admit it, stop avoiding it, you just look worse by doing so.