Default Re: ISH's #20 Player of Alltime

Elgin Baylor

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Lebron....again
    this.

As much as I want to, I can't put LeBron over Elgin Baylor yet. I'll vote for LeBron for #21, though.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    please stop trying to act like i have some biased agenda...

i just want the CORRECT person to end up on his rightful place.... so yes... anybody less accomplished than Lebron will end up with a response by me....

good job on trying to change subject by ignoring these facts/accomplishments... which prove your choice WRONG.... instead of ignoring and changing subjects like that, how bout simply answering my question? why on earth do you go with Elgin Baylor over Lebron James when Lebron is more accomplished?

why do i even ask... just say it... "Me hatez Lebron, so i vote for anybody else"
    You don't have a Lebron Homer agenda?

That's like saying the Lebron haters making threads about " How can you be considered the best player in the leauge if you perform badly in the finals" claiming they don't have an agenda.

You're quickly to call out everyone with an anti-Lebron agenda yet you wont admit your extremly biased pro-lebron agenda

gtfo

The common theme I see in these picks is that every guy has a full career's worth of work to judge. Now, guys like Kobe, KG, Duncan, etc are still playing, but they've got 13-15 years under their belts, these guys legacies are more or less secured already, maybe another title will bump them up the list, but their place in history is more or less secure. Lebron is still writing his legacy, and yes because he accomplished alot very young and very quick, it's tough to accurately measure him because for all purposes, he could pull a Grant Hill tomorrow. I think at the bottom of the top 20 list is a reasonable spot for a guy that's played 8 seasons. In fact, it's a compliment that he's ranked this high over guys who've played full careers and accomplished lots in their own right. The main thing though, the guys in 16-20 are pretty much interchangeable( same with 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, it's not like there's a lot that separates them). Again, this is all subjective and everyone has their own voting criteria.
    Last edited by Dragonyeuw; 11-12-2011 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    The common theme I see in these picks is that every guy has a full career's worth of work to judge. Now, guys like Kobe, KG, Duncan, etc are still playing, but they've got 13-15 years under their belts, these guys legacies are more or less secured already, maybe another title will bump them up the list, but their place in history is more or less secure. Lebron is still writing his legacy, and yes because he accomplished alot very young and very quick, it's tough to accurately measure him because for all purposes, he could pull a Grant Hill tomorrow. I think at the bottom of the top 20 list is a reasonable spot for a guy that's played 8 seasons. In fact, it's a compliment that he's ranked this high over guys who've played full careers and accomplished lots in their own right.
    Sure... But for Grant Hill it was different, lebron has accomplished already Much more... i couldnt care less who is Young or not... As long as the player has the resume... Which lebron has..

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    You don't have a Lebron Homer agenda?

That's like saying the Lebron haters making threads about " How can you be considered the best player in the leauge if you perform badly in the finals" claiming they don't have an agenda.

You're quickly to call out everyone with an anti-Lebron agenda yet you wont admit your extremly biased pro-lebron agenda

gtfo
    i love lebron.. I love to talk about him.. But i am not a homer.. Anything i have said about lebron has been based on pure facts.... Try me..

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Sure... But for Grant Hill it was different, lebron has accomplished already Much more... i couldnt care less who is Young or not... As long as the player has the resume... Which lebron has..
    I'm not disputing who has done more, obviously Lebron's achievement list crushes what Hill did from 1994-2000. My main point is that Lebron at this stage is a bit of a difficult one to rank, especially since he's only halfway through his career. YES, he's accomplished tons already but it's fair, in my opinion, to let his career play out more before ranking him over guys who have a career's worth of work to measure. It's not just about the stats and achievements in a bubble, it's about sustained excellence over a 13 year career. Lebron has time on his side, at 26, so it's reasonable to assume he'll be much higher on the GOAT list 5 years from now. Again though, I should stress that this is SUBJECTIVE. Hell if you wanted to do a 'GOAT list for players first 8 seasons', Lebron's probably top 6. My voting is based on the totality of one's career over 13-14 years, and for the record Lebron is my next voting pick, AHEAD of guys like Isiah, Stockton, who have their own FULL standout careers.
    Last edited by Dragonyeuw; 11-12-2011 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WillC
    Hmm, now, let's see. Should we vote for one of the greatest players of all-time who was hugely respected by everyone in his era and was named to the All-League 1st Team eight times... or a player half way through his career?

Tough one.
    Remember Lebron is revolutionary.

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    Remember Lebron is revolutionary.
    So was Baylor.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Mikan, a little respect to the history of the game.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore jacobgoindum's Avatar

Well. since no one is voting for Mikan and Pettit

My vote is Elgin Baylor

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

im guessing none outside of wilt and russell deserves to be in top 20 from that era is what ish is going by

College star

lebron james .

Heat fan since 2010

die-hard Lebron fan, but Elgin Baylor is the answer.