Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Shaq Uncut: How it ended in Miami

Shaq Uncut.....hmmmmm........I don't think we need to know he's not circumcised.

shaq snitching :S

National High School Star Abd El-Krim's Avatar

I start taking a couple of steps towards Pat. Udonis Haslem steps in and I shove him out of the way. Then Zo tries to grab me. I threw him aside like he was a rag doll.
    Awesome.

heart monitors lol. thats classic

Reason #122,272,282 why Snack IMO is severely overrated...his attitude destroys team chemistry.....and eventually ruins teams..it happened everywhere he went..

He is very Lucky to have played with Kobe , he could have easily gone his whole career having Ewing like Postseason Blunders....and 1 title as fat wall (06)

....and why would he step up to a 60 year old man??....this guys ego is B!tchmade

60 year old Riley would have just had to keep Shaq moving for 3 minutes...then wait for him to gass out then choke him out..

serious...... if Snack was 6' instead of 7' he would have been pouring concrete on the side of the road.....

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

I def would cop his book.

This is why Pat Riley can get you rings.

This is exactly what kind of coach, that Lebron needs. He doesn't have a tough coach. Pat would def tell Lebron keep your ego in your check.

Not airballing my layups anymore vinsanity2756's Avatar

makes me wanna read his book even more, very entertaining

Riley is like the Steve Jobs of coaches.

lol interesting.

I love how he admits he was lazy and then blames Riley for being an asshole.

B-Eazy Mike Beasley MichaelCheazley's Avatar

Great read as a HEAT fan and a Shaq fan. Riley has had a reputation of over working his players I am not surprised. This might be why we had so many injuries. Riley has a HUGE ego and we all know shaq did too. But why the hell would you over work a veteran filled team. so sad since 06 team is my favorite all time team due to having so many of my favorite players;GP,zo shaq and wade.

And I dont know about riley and LBJ working. Lbj is a primadonna and might just demand a trade or something. And lebrons problem has never been getting in shape.
    Last edited by MichaelCheazley; 11-12-2011 at 06:41 PM.

Shaq really is a tool. He admits to being out of shape and then tries to blame the whole thing on Riley. Riley may have pushed his guys to the max, but that's why he's one of the best coaches of all-time.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCheazley
    Great read as a HEAT fan and a Shaq fan. Riley has had a reputation of over working his players I am not surprised. This might be why we had so many injuries. Riley has a HUGE ego and we all know shaq did too. But why the hell would you over work a veteran filled team. so sad since 06 team is my favorite all time team due to having so many of my favorite players;GP,zo shaq and wade.

And I dont know about riley and LBJ working. Lbj is a primadonna and might just demand a trade or something. And lebrons problem has never been getting in shape.
    Well, you could argue that Shaq might have not missed so many games that year had he come into the season lighter and in shape. Remember, late in the season I guess after he "played his way into shape" as they use to say about Shaq, he played really well and Miami went on that run after Wade's injury. But they may have not been mediocre for much of the season with Shaq in shape early.

Though by that point, Shaq's body holding up for an 82 game season was a stretch at 35 years old. Even during his first year in Miami when he was his lightest weight since the 90's, he broke down late in the season and missed playoff games for the first time in his career so weight alone doesn't guarantee Shaq will be durable, but extra body fat isn't going to help, that's for sure.

So I'm really not sure what Shaq's complaint was, he held him to the same standard as the other players, which is how it should be. Actually, Riley let him off easier, I remember him calling out Walker in the media and even Wade in '09-'10 for not being at his target weight, while he didn't really call out Shaq in the media, iirc.

Phil Jackson knew how to handle Shaq's ego a bit better, but Riley definitely wasn't at fault here.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    He made a mistake. Just like your parents did. Be nice.

That was a good read too, I might just buy that book.

Pat Riley is a great coach, the man just wants to win. Too bad these players just didn't have the heart to be a winner.

It's one thing when Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen take you out in four games. It's something else when it's Luol Deng and Ben Gordon that do it to you.
    Dry.