Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Shaq Uncut: How it ended in Miami

I will probably download this book somewhere. I dont want to buy it and support him for throwing everyone he has played with and made him who he was under the bus. Shaq really comes off as pathetic in just about every snippet I have read of his book. Interesting? Yes, but my respect for Shaq has drastically dropped. I always knew he was somewhat of a baby, but he comes off as a complete jackass in just about everything I have read of his book. He will likely make a killing off this book, but I will not be contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCheazley
    And I dont know about riley and LBJ working. Lbj is a primadonna and might just demand a trade or something. And lebrons problem has never been getting in shape.
    This. It would never work.

Hes a 26 year old man who has had the world cater to him for the last 10 years of his life. He picked Miami for the purpose of it being his "dream" scenario teaming up with his friends, Dwyane Wade & Chris Bosh. If Pat Riley stepped in and made that "dream" scenario a nightmare by being hard on him and forcing him to change his whole personality.

"The Chosen 1" will remain "King James" through it all. That is his identiy, now & forever. I honestly believe much like Deion Sanders, that LeBron has created this alter-ego of arrogance to block out the bad memories of his childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    Shaq 00 - 04
    3 Titles 3FMVP 1MVP.

Kobe 00 - 04
    3 Sidekick Titles 0FMVP 0MVP

Serious...... if Kobrick played for any other franchise and didn't get to ride Shaq's coattails he'd be a bigger Allen Iverson or an inferior version of TMac.

Serious playground baller Applause's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    I will probably download this book somewhere. I dont want to buy it and support him for throwing everyone he has played with and made him who he was under the bus. Shaq really comes off as pathetic in just about every snippet I have read of his book. Interesting? Yes, but my respect for Shaq has drastically dropped. I always knew he was somewhat of a baby, but he comes off as a complete jackass in just about everything I have read of his book. He will likely make a killing off this book, but I will not be contributing.

Shaq = #1 in NBA earnings all time, 300+ Million.
    Shaq = Top #3 GOAT Player.

He's about to earn a couple more mill's of this book.
    Dude is a straight genius when it comes to business.

Funny those hating on him but he is the 2nd greatest player of this generation after MJ himself and one of the top 5 (3 imo) greatest players of all time.

Show some respect.

Quote Originally Posted by 32Dayz

Funny those hating on him but he is the 2nd greatest player of this generation after MJ himself and one of the top 5 (3 imo) greatest players of all time.

Show some respect.
    Who here is hating on his game? He was a beast and one of the most dominant players ever. No one is disputing who he was as an NBA player. He is one of the greatest ever to play the game. This has nothing to do with his game, it has to do with his book and his personality. I have little respect for what he is doing with his book. He is trashing everyone who made him great. Really low of him.

B-Eazy Mike Beasley MichaelCheazley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Asukal
    Pat Riley is a great coach, the man just wants to win. Too bad these players just didn't have the heart to be a winner.
    Makes absolutely no sense since they did win.......

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCheazley
    Makes absolutely no sense since they did win.......
    Don't you get it? Riley is pushing them hard and teaching them to have the mentality of a competitor but the players got lazy after winning the title. How many titles did they win after 2006? Zero.

Who here is hating on his game? He was a beast and one of the most dominant players ever. No one is disputing who he was as an NBA player. He is one of the greatest ever to play the game. This has nothing to do with his game, it has to do with his book and his personality. I have little respect for what he is doing with his book. He is trashing everyone who made him great. Really low of him.
    I dont support everything he says in the Book but I disagree with you saying he is trashing the people who made him great.

I dont see him bad mouthing Wade or PJ.

Kobe and Him have always had issues so that is understandable.

I dont think anyone else really "made Shaq" or enhanced his game or ability to contribute to the teams he was on.

awesome read.

NBA lottery pick

Lmao Riley... these types of strokes won't work with LBJ because his problems are mental. I could just picture Riley getting into LBJ's grill at practice telling his ass to man the fvck up.

A library?

Shaq is a buffoon. I've never thought that he was either funny or insightful, so I'm pretty bummed that someone was dumb enough to hire him as an "analyst". That gig will probably end as badly as every one of his stops.

From the excerpts I've seen, its pretty clear that he exaggerates wildly and plays down his own culpability and liabilities -- no surprise there.

I definitely won't be buying the book, and more than likely won't even read it.

Feels to me like this book explains why Shaq spent a season in Boston. Jackie MacMullan writes some great sports books, and who could turn down the chance to write the autobio on one of the biggest stories in sports? Small wonder the man took such a small salary while he was here; not like his royalty checks from this aren't going to more than compensate. And all that time spent away from the court with his Achilles and whatever other ridiculous injuries he had....explained perhaps? Approaching "tinfoil hat" stages perhaps, but one can't help but wonder...

Anywho, I hope the book does great. As much as I know Shaq is going to throw so many people under the bus with this, I'm still interested to read it.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 32Dayz

Show some respect.
    If Avery Johnson had Shaq's physical talent he might be the greatest player of all time. If Shaq had Johnson's talent? That's not an NBA player.

I'm not a Shaq-hater but it's a fact that he had nowhere near the work ethic of just about any other all-time great. Constantly coming into camp out of shape definitely prevented him reaching the heights he could have. Of course he still had a great career, and yes he made a ton of $ but if he had been dedicated to his conditioning he wouldn't have been missing 15+ games so many seasons of his career and would have had more than 1 MVP award. The area where Shaq separates himself from every other player in the All-Time top 10, almost regardless of who makes up the list, is that he did not have a laser-focus on being the greatest player he could have been. The only other guy on even the Top 50 list that had his kind of weight problems was Barkley.

With Shaq you just get the feeling that he hit the genetic lottery and rode it to success. Every great player has to be gifted in some way but there's still some extremely hard work being put in. He's not Eddy Curry or anything that extreme. He's just a guy that you can be almost completely sure wasn't as good as he should have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Feels to me like this book explains why Shaq spent a season in Boston. Jackie MacMullan writes some great sports books, and who could turn down the chance to write the autobio on one of the biggest stories in sports? Small wonder the man took such a small salary while he was here; not like his royalty checks from this aren't going to more than compensate. And all that time spent away from the court with his Achilles and whatever other ridiculous injuries he had....explained perhaps? Approaching "tinfoil hat" stages perhaps, but one can't help but wonder...
    He's Shaq, any sports writer would have gone wherever they had to go to co-write a book with him. He came to Boston because he felt the Celts were his best chance to win (Miami and LA were clearly burned bridges and no one saw Dallas coming).