Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 55

Thread: Pacers want Rajon Rondo from Celtics

  1. #1
    Administrator insidehoops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    16,007

    Default Pacers want Rajon Rondo from Celtics

    And the two teams have reportedly discussed it to see if something can be worked out.

    Skim-read this: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8642

    What do you think of Rondo? How would he do on an empty, rebuilding team that needed him to take control?

  2. #2
    National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,154

    Default Re: Pacers want Rajon Rondo from Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops
    And the two teams have reportedly discussed it to see if something can be worked out.

    Skim-read this: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8642

    What do you think of Rondo? How would he do on an empty, rebuilding team that needed him to take control?

    He'd be an afterthought, but while he is quite overrated, Pacers would have to give us Paul George and George hill for him

  3. #3
    COOL STORY BRAHHHHHHH JGXEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,488

    Default Re: Pacers want Rajon Rondo from Celtics

    Wow what's up with all the Rondo trades? Wtf??

  4. #4
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Birthplace of basketball
    Posts
    23,393

    Default Re: Pacers want Rajon Rondo from Celtics

    3 teamer. CP3 to Boston, JO + Rondo to Indy, Collison + Hibbert to NO plus some picks.

  5. #5
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore csklmf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    212

    Default Re: Pacers want Rajon Rondo from Celtics

    Ainge is eager to have some trade and some kind of sparks in his team. But clearly, he does not want to move KG, PP and Ray Allen.

    Rite now, the button is on and looks like Rondo is going to be placed somewhere else.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Salford Lads Club
    Posts
    7,174

    Default Re: Pacers want Rajon Rondo from Celtics

    I hate to see Rondo go (truly), but if it means landing CP3 and, in turn, Dwight Howard next summer... I'm all for it. Resign Garnett and Allen next summer to one year contracts...

  7. #7
    COOL STORY BRAHHHHHHH JGXEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,488

    Default Re: Pacers want Rajon Rondo from Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by csklmf
    Ainge is eager to have some trade and some kind of sparks in his team. But clearly, he does not want to move KG, PP and Ray Allen.

    Rite now, the button is on and looks like Rondo is going to be placed somewhere else.
    KG and Ray are coming off the books after this season and thats over $30m worth of contracts. Hopefully if a move for CP3 materialises, it can attract Howard over.

  8. #8
    COOL STORY BRAHHHHHHH JGXEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,488

    Default Re: Pacers want Rajon Rondo from Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    I hate to see Rondo go (truly), but if it means landing CP3 and, in turn, Dwight Howard next summer... I'm all for it. Resign Garnett and Allen next summer to one year contracts...
    If Ainge pulls this shit off, imma jack off 10 times a day for a week to celebrate

  9. #9
    National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,154

    Default Re: Pacers want Rajon Rondo from Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by JGXEN
    KG and Ray are coming off the books after this season and thats over $30m worth of contracts. Hopefully if a move for CP3 materialises, it can attract Howard over.

    Wow....i can't stand Dwight "Cry Baby" Howard and Chris "Flopperella" Paul, but i would not be opposed to us attaining those players.

  10. #10
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Birthplace of basketball
    Posts
    23,393

    Default Re: Pacers want Rajon Rondo from Celtics

    Getting Rondo w/o giving up Paul George then being able to sign Nene or Marc Gasol'd be pretty awesome. I'm assuming Hibbert'd be part of the deal.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Salford Lads Club
    Posts
    7,174

    Default Re: Pacers want Rajon Rondo from Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Getting Rondo w/o giving up Paul George then being able to sign Nene or Marc Gasol'd be pretty awesome. I'm assuming Hibbert'd be part of the deal.
    You'll likely get David West.

  12. #12
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Birthplace of basketball
    Posts
    23,393

    Default Re: Pacers want Rajon Rondo from Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    You'll likely get David West.
    They're not signing David West with absolutely no C and guys like Nene and Gasol out there. With the roster as is West makes some sense, w/ no Hibbert it doesn't.

  13. #13
    "LINISH HIM!" airchibundo507's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,248

    Default Re: Pacers want Rajon Rondo from Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    3 teamer. CP3 to Boston, JO + Rondo to Indy, Collison + Hibbert to NO plus some picks.
    and you're okay with that?? Rondo's weaknesses will be magnified greatly in any other situation.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,139

    Default Re: Pacers want Rajon Rondo from Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    I hate to see Rondo go (truly), but if it means landing CP3 and, in turn, Dwight Howard next summer... I'm all for it. Resign Garnett and Allen next summer to one year contracts...
    Are you joking? You realistically think Boston has a shot at grabbing D12 and CP3?

  15. #15
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Birthplace of basketball
    Posts
    23,393

    Default Re: Pacers want Rajon Rondo from Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by airchibundo507
    and you're okay with that?? Rondo's weaknesses will be magnified greatly in any other situation.
    I honestly don't know if I'm OK with it or not, just seems like a fairly realistic scenario. A Rondo/George/Granger/Hansbrough/Nene or Gasol lineup is pretty enticing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •