Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

Default Re: Source: Caron Butler agrees to terms with Clippers. Three years, 24M.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    . ESPN article said Butler chose Clippers because he's a huge fan of the young team and Blake Griffin. He feels they can win a championship in the next few years. Guess I'm not the only "delusional" one?
    That 8 million dollars would make anything say some stupid stuff. The only people who think the Clippers are going to win a title in the next few years are delusional Clipper fans and the junkies on skid row.

Default Re: Source: Caron Butler agrees to terms with Clippers. Three years, 24M.

Good short term signing.

By the time he expires you'll hope that he has been surplanted in the starting lineup by Aminu or potentially Harrison Barnes(Minnesota Top 5 pick).

Sweden Loves the Green Lebowski's Avatar

. ESPN article said Butler chose Clippers because he's a huge fan of the young team and Blake Griffin. He feels they can win a championship in the next few years. Guess I'm not the only "delusional" one?
    Nah I like the Clippers too. 8 million per is a little high imo but Clippers def. got better. I

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Clippers agree to terms with Caron Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    How can Eric Gordon be as good as B. Roy?

B. Roy could control the game with his passing and ball handling.

Gordon hasn't shown any of that ability.

Gordon is a great scorer who plays D... very nice player to have but pre-injury Brandon Roy was someone who could make other players better.
    Not comparing them as similar or equal players. I think peak Roy can be reached by Gordon. He was a 22.5 ppg, 5 rpg, 5 apg in his peak. Gordon's easily a more gifted scorer and has already nearly matched that assist total last year. He won't be the floor general or rebounder of Roy... but he can be an elite guard. My only point was that people are underrating the peak of EJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
    That 8 million dollars would make anything say some stupid stuff. The only people who think the Clippers are going to win a title in the next few years are delusional Clipper fans and the junkies on skid row.
    "Few" as in duration of Butler's contract(3 years)? I agree. They aren't ready.

That doesn't mean they wont be contenders at some point down the line.

Not comparing them as similar or equal players. I think peak Roy can be reached by Gordon. He was a 22.5 ppg, 5 rpg, 5 apg in his peak. Gordon's easily a more gifted scorer and has already nearly matched that assist total last year. He won't be the floor general or rebounder of Roy... but he can be an elite guard. My only point was that people are underrating the peak of EJ.
    Statswise Gordon will likely top B.Roy but he will never have the same impact on his teammates IMO.

Awesome pickup Clips. Definitely a nice piece to add to the Gordon + Griffin formula.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Statswise Gordon will likely top B.Roy but he will never have the same impact on his teammates IMO.
    Agree. Roy has an intangibles edge. He can still be a hell of a player in his own regard though . Just saying dude needs to stay put.

and why the hell cp3 wouldnt want to sign an extension with the clippers?!?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Just rumors though.. if they had that assurance they would've done the deal already
    no they didn't trade him yet, because the Hornets are asking for Eric Gordon, and the Clippers won't include him in the deal.

but guys, the upside of the spurs!

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by LemonMan
    but guys, the upside of the spurs!
    Why do you think the Clippers had to pay eight million dollars? Well negotiated by Butler and agreed he landed on a better team, if not this season, than certainly in 2012/2013.

Eh - not so sure.

We needed someone who plays defense, spreads the floor and passes.

Does Caron do any of those things?

At least money/time is reasonable for his impact.
    I really wanted Prince for the Clippers because I think he would have fit in better because of his range and he has never played with many touches. He has lost a step on D but he can still hold his own and is a solid help defender.

Butler is coming off a serious injury, so I am not sure why they didn't go harder for Prince. But I would say Butler adds a player who can create and he is a guy who needs to be covered on offense. His D is not bad, but not great. Think its kind of a risk still. But I am still happy Clippers got someone to help at the 3. Gomes was not cutting it.

Shit. I wanted the Spurs to get Butler and then L.A to get Prince. Thought that fit much better. Oh well, good signing nonetheless. Hope he plays well.

I guess the Spurs are settling for Josh Howard.

In the end, he adds more versatility to the clippers' offense. We needed another option other than blake/EJ for consistency. We filled a very giant hole in our team. Nice sign clips