Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Cali Love

Default Re: Chauncey Billups-"I would like a chance at them, I'll tell you that much"

^^^

I really don't want him on the Lakers. We have a big TE, we should use that on better PG's.

Default Re: Chauncey Billups-"I would like a chance at them, I'll tell you that much"

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba00
    ^^^

I really don't want him on the Lakers. We have a big TE, we should use that on better PG's.
    Well it wouldn't effect your TPE bro. You're saying you wouldn't want Billups for the room exception or minimum? He would've literally been the ideal PG in the triangle with Jackson, but even now he's probably a great fit.

I really hope a team placed a bid on him, but the one team that I thought would (The Clippers) was probably too busy with the CP trade. Indy and Denver could've too, but I feel like it would've been reported already. Damn it looks like he's a FA which sucks because his bitching actually worked. He got rewarded with $14 million, a new contract and the team of his choice... and he's mad at the Knicks... really?

NBA rookie of the year

He'll agree to a deal with the Heat at 6:01 ET.

Sweden Loves the Green Lebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    ... but instead he's acting like a little bitch.
    That is what players do. I know, you WOULD expect something else from an adult. Miami does not need Billups anyway, it wasnt Chalmers or Bibbys fault they didnt get that trophy.

Cali Love

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    Well it wouldn't effect your TPE bro. You're saying you wouldn't want Billups for the room exception or minimum? He would've literally been the ideal PG in the triangle with Jackson, but even now he's probably a great fit.

I really hope a team placed a bid on him, but the one team that I thought would (The Clippers) was probably too busy with the CP trade. Indy and Denver could've too, but I feel like it would've been reported already. Damn it looks like he's a FA which sucks because his bitching actually worked. He got rewarded with $14 million, a new contract and the team of his choice... and he's mad at the Knicks... really?
    The Lakers already have cats that's gonna gives veteran leadership in the locker room. LA already has 3 scrubs waiting to rot on the bench in the PG slot, Billups is good but not the guy that's gonna bring the much needed energy, hustle and quickness.

And he's already bitching about he is sick of being 'a mentor and a glue guy' whateva the fukk that means. lol if he really thinks he's gonna get 15 shots a night. Chauncey can go **** himself. We don't need another dramaqueen in LA.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    He'll agree to a deal with the Heat at 6:01 ET.
    I'm counting on that to be honest

He would start and likely win a title...makes sense for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowski
    That is what players do. I know, you WOULD expect something else from an adult. Miami does not need Billups anyway, it wasnt Chalmers or Bibbys fault they didnt get that trophy.
    You serious? Bibby was terrible, adding a guy like Billups is going to make Miami even more dangerous on the perimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    You serious? Bibby was terrible, adding a guy like Billups is going to make Miami even more dangerous on the perimeter.
    I am not saying they are better which they are not even close to be, I just felt that there where other parts that failed to meet expectations when it mattered the most imo. It is not like it was a struggle for Miami to reach the finals. The trophy could have been theirs, without Billups at PG. If I make any sense.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 12-12-2011 at 11:36 AM.

I am not saying they are better which they are not even close to be, I just felt that there where other parts that failed to meet expectations when it mattered the most imo. It is not like it was a struggle for Miami to reach the finals. The trophy could have been theirs, without Billups at PG. If I make any sense.
    I agree, PG is not why they lost. Bigs getting outplayed, lebron playing poorly were bigger factors but adding a guy like Billups, Battier and having a heathly haslem will make a big Difference no matter how bad their center rotation is.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    I agree, PG is not why they lost. Bigs getting outplayed, lebron playing poorly were bigger factors but adding a guy like Billups, Battier and having a heathly haslem will make a big Difference no matter how bad their center rotation is.
    I agree with that 100%. My english skills are bordeline terrible =)

I agree with that 100%. My english skills are bordeline terrible =)
    They are just fine dude, I've seen people with worse and they are English.

National High School Star

People are really missing the point. It's not about what Billups averaged in NYC, or whether he's better than Bibby, which he obviously is(now and ever before). He might have put up 17-5 with the Knicks, but he's not going to put up the same numbers on the Heat. Hell, Bibby put up 15-5 as recently as 2 years ago. It's not about that.

It's about what Billups can do for the Heat in fewer minutes, taking fewer shots, playing a more limited role. We all know player's productions and contribution do not simply mathematically decrease if you decrease his minutes. You can't just say that if a player's minutes are reduced by a third, his points and assists totals will decrease by a third too. His FG% might not stay the same. He might struggle because he's not shooting as much. There are many variables, especially when the player in question is 35.

And again, I'll repeat that Chauncey's role on the Heat would be unlike any he's played in before. The offense would probably not be run through him. He's 35 and is obviously running out of steam. It seems like he wants to go to Miami, but I'm not sure how he pictures it playing out and how he sees his role there. NBA players are rarely realistic about these things.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

What a little bitch. The Knicks gave him a $14 million gift extension, and now he wants a chance at them? For doing him wrong? How about Denver, who got rid of him as a salary dump. Does he want a chance at them too?

Made that high school varsity squad pmj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertime
    People are really missing the point. It's not about what Billups averaged in NYC, or whether he's better than Bibby, which he obviously is(now and ever before). He might have put up 17-5 with the Knicks, but he's not going to put up the same numbers on the Heat. Hell, Bibby put up 15-5 as recently as 2 years ago. It's not about that.

It's about what Billups can do for the Heat in fewer minutes, taking fewer shots, playing a more limited role. We all know player's productions and contribution do not simply mathematically decrease if you decrease his minutes. You can't just say that if a player's minutes are reduced by a third, his points and assists totals will decrease by a third too. His FG% might not stay the same. He might struggle because he's not shooting as much. There are many variables, especially when the player in question is 35.

And again, I'll repeat that Chauncey's role on the Heat would be unlike any he's played in before. The offense would probably not be run through him. He's 35 and is obviously running out of steam. It seems like he wants to go to Miami, but I'm not sure how he pictures it playing out and how he sees his role there. NBA players are rarely realistic about these things.
    Considering he's always loved chucking 3s and that's exactly what Miami would want him to do, hopefully at a higher % than the 25% that Bibby shot in the playoffs, I think it would work fine.

Miami just needs better spacing with both Lebron and Wade being poor outside shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by pmj
    Considering he's always loved chucking 3s and that's exactly what Miami would want him to do, hopefully at a higher % than the 25% that Bibby shot in the playoffs, I think it would work fine.

Miami just needs better spacing with both Lebron and Wade being poor outside shooters.
    Hence having miller, jones, Battier as the outside shooters.