Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Clippers and NBA-owned Hornets have agreed to Chris Paul deal in principle

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    Gordon is due an extension as well. Give me Paul over being forced to pay Gordan 12 mill a year.

All this is a no brainer. Can't believe anyone could say otherwise.

Pretty sure it will be even steeper than this... Rudy gay signed 5 years for 80 mill right? It will be something like this...

Default Re: Clippers and NBA-owned Hornets have agreed to Chris Paul deal in principle

Only Clipper fans would be this upset about landing CP3. I get that you guys are used to a history of failure, but this wasn't a robbery. You gave up Gordon and the Minny pick (chances to be good) for Chris Paul (already proven to be good). Yeah, if the pick ends up being the #1 and Gordon ends up greatly improving it's not going to feel great, but if CP3 can lead that Hornets team into the playoffs almost by himself, imagine what he can do with Griffin and Jordan in the front court, plus a veteran like Caron Butler.

I don't see this trade being anything like the Kyrie Irving pick trade.

I predict clippers fans will stop whining after a couple CP3 games as a clipper.

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    STFU, you have Chris Paul & Blake Griffin, you will win go like 45-21 and then win 55-60 the year after.

You are now elite, you were crap before.
    We're not elite anything. Zero depth in a condensed season means we're going to lose a ton of games. Chris Paul can't play 40 minutes every game with this schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Clippers fan with loser mentality. Wow
    Loser mentality? We just traded everything that could have made us a winner for one player. A point guard with a hobbled knee.

Colour me unimpressed. We were bidding against ourselves the entire time and we somehow still lose.

I've got to say, when it comes your turn to have a chance to trade for a superstar, you go ahead and do it. No excuses. Obviously you don't gut your entire team to do it (and the Clips have not done it this time) but you pony up because superstars don't come around on the trading block very often. Much better trade from Hornets point of view too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobr
    Only Clipper fans would be this upset about landing CP3. I get that you guys are used to a history of failure, but this wasn't a robbery. You gave up Gordon and the Minny pick (chances to be good) for Chris Paul (already proven to be good). Yeah, if the pick ends up being the #1 and Gordon ends up greatly improving it's not going to feel great, but if CP3 can lead that Hornets team into the playoffs almost by himself, imagine what he can do with Griffin and Jordan in the front court, plus a veteran like Caron Butler.

this..

i do wish we could've kept EJ or gotten someone like Ariza/Okafor back in the trade but shit.. there was no way we were going to land CP3 in free agency

i for one am excited

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    We're not elite anything. Zero depth in a condensed season means we're going to lose a ton of games. Chris Paul can't play 40 minutes every game with this schedule.

Loser mentality? We just traded everything that could have made us a winner for one player. A point guard with a hobbled knee.

Colour me unimpressed. We were bidding against ourselves the entire time and we somehow still lose.
    the Clippers are an elite team now. enjoy it. they will be winners now with Chris Paul. Don't gamble your future on a lotto pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobr

So starting lineup is:

PG: Paul
    SG: Bledsoe or Billups
    SF: Butler
    PF: Griffin
    C: Jordan

Trade Williams or amnesty him and then sign Dalembert for defense up front. Dalembert and Griffin will block a lot of shots. Paul and Billups will find Dalembert for a lot of dunks.

The Clippers have a smart basketball team with Paul, Billups, Butler.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco

We're so used to losing, winning just doesn't seem logical.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MooseJuiceBowen
    This

All of the lights.... ballsohard247's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Collie
    Maybe this was the basketball reason.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    So starting lineup is:

SG: Bledsoe or Billups
    PF: Griffin
    C: Jordan

Trade Williams or amnesty him and then sign Dalembert for defense up front. Dalembert and Griffin will block a lot of shots. Paul and Billups will find Dalembert for a lot of dunks.

The Clippers have a smart basketball team with Paul, Billups, Butler.
    PG : Paul
    SG : Foye

or

SG: Butler
    SF: Gomes

This is more realistic

Neither Chancey Billups or Eric Bledsoe are going to be assigned to guard SGs or play SG if Del Negro has ANY sense

I usually hit open layups

Clippers sucked for so long that their Fans were and still are overvaluing their players and draft picks. CP3 is going to change the way the Clippers play the game. They'll now have a coach on the floor and will control the flow of the game. Not very many players in the league are this good mentally and physically. Clipper fans will forget all about so called lopsided trade a month into the season.

Just flip Mo Williams for a decent SG and they'd be set.