Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Local High School Star IBLEEDGREEN20's Avatar

Default Re: Rip Hamilton is a Bull

Quote Originally Posted by NUPE_1911
    Boston is older, slower and aged and they have been unable to improve their roster. They will be playing KG at the 5 and Ray Allen's stats have been dropping each and every year.

As for the Knick's, they gone a long long way towards fixing their defensive woes (constantly giving up layups and second chance points in the paint) by adding Chandler.
    bro are you kidding me? Their roster post perkins trade is terrible compared to the 2011-2012 celtics. Brandon Bass can play center, Chris Wilcox is physical, Jeff Green will have a larger role this year, and Keyon Dooling is a good defender. Not to mention they resigned Marquis Daniels and still have Jermaine Oneal.

and last years celtics swept the knicks.

NBA fans say the same thing about Boston every year, it cracks me up

Banned

Boston is older, slower and aged and they have been unable to improve their roster. They will be playing KG at the 5 and Ray Allen's stats have been dropping each and every year.

As for the Knick's, they gone a long long way towards fixing their defensive woes (constantly giving up layups and second chance points in the paint) by adding Chandler.
    Never sleep on Boston. People have been saying that about us for a while, but we still come out elite in the season.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    That's and example. The feeling is that thwyre gonna be easy to defend due to not having enough iso guys.

That's not the way you play organized basketball. That's streetball.
    It's not about iso guys so much as it is just about having talent. Kobe was the only guy who could iso for the Lakers, but they were able to run offense through post play too.

It's really about having several guys that can be the best player on the floor at any given time, no matter the opponent. You can talk about Dirk, but that's the exception, not the rule.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IBLEEDGREEN20
    bro are you kidding me? Their roster post perkins trade is terrible compared to the 2011-2012 celtics. Brandon Bass can play center, Chris Wilcox is physical, Jeff Green will have a larger role this year, and Keyon Dooling is a good defender. Not to mention they resigned Marquis Daniels and still have Jermaine Oneal.
    All of that sounds good, but it doesn't matter. Boston isn't getting out of the East unless KG find the answer to time travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    All of that sounds good, but it doesn't matter. Boston isn't getting out of the East unless KG find the answer to time travel.
    what the hell are you saying?

This is about NBA fans hyping the Knicks over the Celtics. in 2011, I expect people to have a little common sense by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics4ever
    And look how close the Bulls were to beating the Heat. Every game came down to the wire. You don't think Rip Hamilton puts the Bulls over the edge? But you think Battier puts the Heat over the hedge? You are delusional man. You used to be a decent poster back in the day, you have lost it GOBB. Maybe you need a SN change like me
    Hedge? Huh?

My point is Miami returning the same team from last season will be tough for anyone in the East or West to defeat in a series. Adding Battier was a solid addition given what he brings. 1 full season having played together would only help not hurt. Who even knows if Mike Miller healthy vs last year can be the added piece some thought he would be when aquired.

Anyway, Rip is a solid addition. Hopefully they can add another quality free agent. Unsure of ther cash situation.

Not airballing my layups anymore

and last years celtics swept the knicks.

NBA fans say the same thing about Boston every year, it cracks me up
    Celtics swept an injured Knick's team (amare and billups) that had a depleted roster (due to the melo trade) and had played together for like a month or two. You can't judge much from that series and use it to analyze the Knick's this season.

Brandon Bass and Wilcox have never been players that impacted games from what I have seen of them over the years. I do like Jeff Green though and think he is a good asset.

NBA fans AND analyst say the same thing about Boston each year and it is being proven true. They had a lot of initial success but have fallen behind as teams around them improve. Miami dominated a Celtic team that was fully healthy in last years playoffs and I am pretty sure the Bulls would have done the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics4ever
    Never sleep on Boston. People have been saying that about us for a while, but we still come out elite in the season.
    Elite? Celts, while healthy, lost to the Heat in 5 games last year. Celts will win a lot or regular season games. I don't see them getting out of the second round with their current roster.

So Rip Hamilton gets to double dip in salary and go to the team he wants, because he was an unhappy jerkoff last season.

Yeah this makes sense.

Elite? Celts, while healthy, lost to the Heat in 5 games last year. Celts will win a lot or regular season games. I don't see them getting out of the second round with their current roster.
    rondo had 1 arm. you crack me up

Celtics swept an injured Knick's team (amare and billups) that had a depleted roster (due to the melo trade) and had played together for like a month or two. You can't judge much from that series and use it to analyze the Knick's this season.

Brandon Bass and Wilcox have never been players that impacted games from what I have seen of them over the years. I do like Jeff Green though and think he is a good asset.

NBA fans AND analyst say the same thing about Boston each year and it is being proven true. They had a lot of initial success but have fallen behind as teams around them improve. Miami dominated a Celtic team that was fully healthy in last years playoffs and I am pretty sure the Bulls would have done the same.
    fallen behind? fully healthy? pierce was 1 jumper away from a 2-2 series before over time, and this is without rondo. your crazy.

fallen behind? fully healthy? pierce was 1 jumper away from a 2-2 series before over time, and this is without rondo. your crazy.
    The Big Three were healthy. I don't want to hear about Rondo who is vastly overrated to begin with.

Ainge obviously believes the Celts have fallen behind to some extent which explains his attempts to trade Rondo for CP3 and also acquire David West. These were not tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    So Rip Hamilton gets to double dip in salary and go to the team he wants, because he was an unhappy jerkoff last season.

Yeah this makes sense.
    He got bought out. Not amnestied.

His buyout + contract with Chicago puts him around the same ballpark as if he were to just stay in Detroit.

Can't wait to see them play the Lakers on Christmas.

The Big Three were healthy. I don't want to hear about Rondo who is vastly overrated to begin with.

Ainge obviously believes the Celts have fallen behind to some extent which explains his attempts to trade Rondo for CP3 and also acquire David West. These were not tweaks.

you said a fully healthy team. don't say stupid shit. i read every word.

Ainge was traded during the original big 3 era in boston. its part of the business bro.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    3 years sucks but I guess if you didnt give him 3 he would have gone elsewhere and you'd be stuck with Bogans who DOESNT belong in the NBA. Atleast starting.

3rd year is an option...Dial it down....