Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Dark Knight Rises Trailer 2

What was everyone's opinion of the prologue?

What did you think of Bane's voice?

Personally, I love his voice. It sounds like a mix of a mechanized version of accented Russian/Eastern Euro and like Scottish or something.

I still haven't been able to find a decent version of trailer number 2.

I did catch the part where Hines Ward scores a TD with the field imploding behind him and him not even noticing

Where the F*CK IS IT???

Can't find it anywhere on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCSteady
    What was everyone's opinion of the prologue?

What did you think of Bane's voice?

Personally, I love his voice. It sounds like a mix of a mechanized version of accented Russian/Eastern Euro and like Scottish or something.

I still haven't been able to find a decent version of trailer number 2.

I did catch the part where Hines Ward scores a TD with the field imploding behind him and him not even noticing
    I watched the first minute of the prologue and turned it off because i felt it was spoiling it from me. Bane's voice is fine i think. The fact that it's a cam quality preview with crappy audio quality also hurts the audio. his voice will be completely fine.

The movie looks good from the previews.

The second trailer will be in HD on the 19th so if people can actually wait you'll see a better quality that's worth the wait then.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

It looks good.

But one problem is Anne Hathaway as Catwoman and I am still not sure about it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer
    ^Did you watch the trailer or prologue jackazz? The chanting in the background means rises. bruce explicitly asks that old dude in the middle of the trailer what it means. also, bane says "the fire rises" in the trailer as well. it's a phrase for bane and his mercenaries as they run wild on gotham. the title of film also suggest that batman will "rise" as well and stop them. it can also be a double meaning to him getting his azz beat (bane unmasks him, and bruce has been seen walking with a cane), picking himself up ( batman begins quote), and getting back up to beat the $hit out of bane and his mercenaries at the end.
    You had me at 'jackazz', a new relationship just blossomed. I'm going to bury you in your own blood and vomit

Anyway, to answer your questions- I did not see the prologue, was going to wait to see it on IMAX.

and all i see is a circle with green screen. i doubt it's lazarus pit, but if it is, at the most it's those canisters bane has on him that suppresses the pain via his mask. it's not some resurrection tool like in the comics you idiot. nolan wouldn't go that route.

jackazz
    From India (the set with the possible Lazarus pit), the times publication and DKR fan news:

Incidentally, a green screen was created just outside the Fort. Nolan shot in front of the green screen and used the Fort as the backdrop. Sources say that this backdrop of the Fort has been used to establish that Batman is in an exotic location which is isolated too. However, this backdrop isn't meant to be shown as India in the film. Back in the UK studios, this 30 ft x 30 ft green screen will be digitally modified to create the Lazarus Pit. For those not in the loop, a Lazarus Pit is used by Ra's Al Ghul for gaining restorative powers. Scenes of Bale being carried into the pit and then jumping out of it were also canned. A couple of locals were cast as extras in the scenes that were shot in India.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...istopher-nolan

[INDENT]Eyewitnesses and crew members told us of a particular scene being filmed,

Good High School Starter

^Let me educate you child.

Firstly, all you did was reaffirm my point The makeup designer has confirmed that bane has 2 canisters on him at all time, feeding into his mask, in some kind of aerosol form that suppresses pain due to an injury. IF it is the lazarus pit, the form we're going to see is something that reduces pain NOT grant immortality and ressurection a la the comics. Batman's noto goin to die then rise from the effin pit. jackazz

As for the martyr route is easy. the jesus christ paralell, messiah, saviour, etc all that grandeur $hit has been beaten to death. Harvey Dent was NOT a martyr, that was a cover up and plot tool by Nolan LOL damn you really don't get these movies do you? as for batman, i'm goin with what the teaser trailer said and what he set out to do in batman begins, that was to devote himself to some ideal and inspire gotham to take back their city. by the end of the dark knight rises he'll accomplish that and bring about this mentality in gotham, which can be seen in the riots videos where GCPD and gotham citizens are taking a stand along with batman in a fist fight on the streets. batman's going to be the symbol, but it's gonna end in some V for vendetta $hit where it's the citizens of gotham that ultimately decide their fate. bruce has said batman can't do this forever, and at the end of this movie he won't need to. the trivial $hit like the mob, corrupt judges, etc will all be abolished, if not absent at the beginning of the dark knight rises ALREADY. Batman's return is because of a terrorist like bane. once he takes him down he'll hang the cowl up again, cuz gotham will have their city back. they're going to leave it open ended though with batman continuing to be that watchful protector if the city ever needs him again. one thing about nolan's batmans is that, batman isn't some vigilante who needs to have a presence nightly. the dark knight and the dark knight rises has an 8 year gap, and it's been relatively peaceful since then. i think their going to end it with if there's ever a need for a batman he'll be there setting up a potential "dark knight returns" movie 10 years later.

Simple azz nikka. i bet you thought the batman and robin screenplay was complex if you're gonna throw these wack ass theories out there.
    Last edited by Lucifer; 12-16-2011 at 03:58 PM.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

I've been playing Batman: Arkham City and I've fallen in love with the world of Batman. So much intense, cool stuff. But how come Bane in here looks small and fragile unlike the Titan-infected one? Has he not touched the Titan stuff yet?

Banned

Firstly, all you did was reaffirm my point The makeup designer has confirmed that bane has 2 canisters on him at all time, feeding into his mask, in some kind of aerosol form that suppresses pain due to an injury. IF it is the lazarus pit, the form we're going to see is something that reduces pain NOT grant immortality and ressurection a la the comics. Batman's noto goin to die then rise from the effin pit. jackazz
    You sure do like smileys. But like I originally said, it would be strange for Nolan's world to feature something as supernatural as the pit that can resurrect the dead. There will most likely be some sort of scientific explanation for the abilities of the pit to heal/rejuvenate people. But even still, a pool that somehow magically dissipates pain is still a departure from Nolan's relatively reality-based world. You would agree, no?

But we already know that a young Bane is seriously injured enough that he needs whatever is in that pool/canisters to keep him alive or at least pain free, probably due to his fall while climbing up that well (a nice parallel to young Bruce in Begins). And there's reports from the set in India saying that they filmed Bale being carried into the pit and jumping out. So we're free to draw our own conclusions until the movie actually comes out.

As for the martyr route is easy. the jesus christ paralell, messiah, saviour, etc all that grandeur $hit has been beaten to death. i'm goin with what the teaser trailer said and what he set out to do in batman begins, that was to devote himself to some ideal and inspire gotham to take back their city. by the end of the dark knight rises he'll accomplish that and bring about this mentality in gotham, which can be seen in the riots videos where GCPD and gotham citizens are taking a stand along with batman in a fist fight on the streets. batman's going to be the symbol, but it's gonna end in some V for vendetta $hit where it's the citizens of gotham that ultimately decide their fate. bruce has said batman can't do this forever, and at the end the city won't require him anymore. they're going to leave it open ended though with batman continuing to be that watchful protector if the city ever needs him again. one thing about nolan's batmans is that, batman isn't some vigilante who needs to have a presence nightly. the dark knight and the dark knight rises has an 8 year gap, and it's been relatively peaceful since then. i think their going to end it with if there's ever a need for a batman he'll be there setting up a potential "dark knight returns" movie 10 years later.
    Again, killing off an iconic figure like Batman would not be 'easy' in any, way, shape, or form. Not artistically and not practically because the studio would have a heart attack and make life hell for Nolan. Bale and Nolan have both made it clear that they are not doing any more Batman movies after this. This is the culmination, the story and the legend is conclusively ended in this one. Doesn't sound very open-ended to me, but I'm sure Warner Brothers will pressure Nolan to leave it open for possible sequels.

I already covered my thoughts on what I think the narrative of the first 2 films was leading towards in the final film.

http://207.58.151.151/forum/showthread.php?t=235324

At this point, your guess is as good as mine.

Simple azz nikka. i bet you thought the batman and robin screenplay was complex if you're gonna throw these wack ass theories out there.
    You're too adorable. I'm gonna enjoy my time with you. We're gonna take it nice and slow, no need to rush.

Anyone see the prologue yet? Not the best quality but:
    http://y2u.be/xGI4MUMJrbk

Nolan is going to do it again

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    I've been playing Batman: Arkham City and I've fallen in love with the world of Batman. So much intense, cool stuff. But how come Bane in here looks small and fragile unlike the Titan-infected one? Has he not touched the Titan stuff yet?
    I just think Bane isn't all jacked up with venom running all through his body making him 8' tall and 400 lbs of pure muscle b/c Nolan's world of Batman is revolved around being as realistic as possible.

I still trust that Nolan will do Bane and this movie justice. I read an article recently where Nolan discussed Bane, and how in-depth he studied the character. He said in the movie, Bane is going to test Batman as physically as much as Joker did mentally in TDK, but Bane will also test Batman mentally as well.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
    I just think Bane isn't all jacked up with venom running all through his body making him 8' tall and 400 lbs of pure muscle b/c Nolan's world of Batman is revolved around being as realistic as possible.

I still trust that Nolan will do Bane and this movie justice. I read an article recently where Nolan discussed Bane, and how in-depth he studied the character. He said in the movie, Bane is going to test Batman as physically as much as Joker did mentally in TDK, but Bane will also test Batman mentally as well.
    The new version of Bane can't be worst than this

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Bane is represented very poorly in the game I feel. I watched a whole walk-through of the game, about 30+ 15 minute parts and out of everyone he's represented the the most poorly to me.

First off in the comic book before Bane broke Batman's back he used a drug called Venom to give him super-human strength. After Bane is brought down by Batman's temporary successor (Azrael) and Bane goes to prison he becomes even more powerful by detoxing from the drug Venom to become self-reliant on his skills and only strength only.

While Venom gave him super-human strength, it also had side effects as well, but I can't remember why.

This is a good representation of Bane in the comics...

...ask for what happens to Bane after that I don't know since I don't follow the comics anymore. He might be back on Venom or now Titan for all I know, but at least when I followed the comics and he was introduced he was described as being about 6'8" and like 275 pounds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bane_%28comics%29

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Bane is highly intelligent; in Bane of the Demon, Ra's al Ghul says that Bane "has a mind equal to the greatest he has known."[8] In prison, he taught himself various scientific disciplines equal to the level of understanding of leading experts in those fields.[4] He knows six active languages and at least two additional arcane and dead ones. Among these are Spanish, English, Urdu, Argh, Persian, and Latin.[8][37] The Bane of the Demon storyline reveals that he has a photographic memory. Within one year, he is able to deduce Batman's secret identity.[8]

He is also highly devious and a superb strategist and tactician.[4] In prison, Bane also invented his own form of calisthenics, meditation, and a unique fighting style.[8] Usage of Venom enhances his physical abilities, including his strength, and healing process to superhuman levels.[5][38][39] Although Bane had sworn off using Venom in Vengeance of Bane II in 1995, and his character is actually written as having kept that promise to himself, it is still not uncommon for artists to draw Bane as still wearing the tube leading from his old wrist device to the back of his head, as well as almost all media adaptions of the character show him actively using the Venom compound. Writer Gail Simone explained these lapses in the continuity of Bane's appearance in an issue of Secret Six, in which Deadshot remarked that Bane merely kept his old Venom equipment with him out of habit, even though he states that he would sooner die than use it again.

As for the martyr route is easy. the jesus christ paralell, messiah, saviour, etc all that grandeur $hit has been beaten to death. Harvey Dent was NOT a martyr, that was a cover up and plot tool by Nolan LOL damn you really don't get these movies do you? as for batman, i'm goin with what the teaser trailer said and what he set out to do in batman begins, that was to devote himself to some ideal and inspire gotham to take back their city. by the end of the dark knight rises he'll accomplish that and bring about this mentality in gotham, which can be seen in the riots videos where GCPD and gotham citizens are taking a stand along with batman in a fist fight on the streets. batman's going to be the symbol, but it's gonna end in some V for vendetta $hit where it's the citizens of gotham that ultimately decide their fate. bruce has said batman can't do this forever, and at the end of this movie he won't need to. the trivial $hit like the mob, corrupt judges, etc will all be abolished, if not absent at the beginning of the dark knight rises ALREADY. Batman's return is because of a terrorist like bane. once he takes him down he'll hang the cowl up again, cuz gotham will have their city back. they're going to leave it open ended though with batman continuing to be that watchful protector if the city ever needs him again. one thing about nolan's batmans is that, batman isn't some vigilante who needs to have a presence nightly. the dark knight and the dark knight rises has an 8 year gap, and it's been relatively peaceful since then. i think their going to end it with if there's ever a need for a batman he'll be there setting up a potential "dark knight returns" movie 10 years later.

Do you really have to be such an ass hole about something as arbitrary as an unknown plot in a Batman movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I watched the first minute of the prologue and turned it off because i felt it was spoiling it from me. Bane's voice is fine i think. The fact that it's a cam quality preview with crappy audio quality also hurts the audio. his voice will be completely fine.

The movie looks good from the previews.

The second trailer will be in HD on the 19th so if people can actually wait you'll see a better quality that's worth the wait then.

Yea I can completely understand, I just always HAVE to get a taste of the new villain when its available.

Can't wait to see a studio released version of the trailer