Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ric Bucher says on ESPN Pau Gasol is damage and wants a Trade

Would love to see him go to the Timberwolves.

Rubio, Love, Gasol

Very good NBA starter

They should call up Houston and do a 4 team trade where they get something. Houston gets some young assets, Lakers get Dwight, Minnesota gets Pau, Orlando gets some young assets. They can call it he FU NBA trade.

Decent playground baller NBA2k-Monster23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Gasol just came out and said he wants to be a Laker and wants no part of a rebuilding process two days ago. I doubt he wants to be traded.

He played extremely well by all accounts at the scrimmage yesterday and seems to be handling it all very well. Do not trade. Play the season and build around the core unless you can swing Dwight for Bynum and filler.
    I don't know if it's true or not but I don't think he is the type of person that comes out in the public and will say he want's a trade. LO didn't come out and say he wants to be traded. He said he was hurt by the situation. Real trade demands happens behind close doors Just like the LO situation.

From a management stand point they only look at value. What have you done for me lately and what I think you can do for me in the future. I want say it's not smart to build around a core that most of the team is 31 or older. Veteran leadership is important for young players. The lakers don't have any young players but Bynum. It's best to build for the future and not now.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA2k-Monster23
    I don't know if it's true or not but I don't think he is the type of person that comes out in the public and will say he want's a trade. LO didn't come out and say he wants to be traded. He said he was hurt by the situation. Real trade demands happens behind close doors Just like the LO situation.

From a management stand point they only look at value. What have you done for me lately and what I think you can do for me in the future. I want say it's not smart to build around a core that most of the team is 31 or older. Veteran leadership is important for young players. The lakers don't have any young players but Bynum. It's best to build for the future and not now.
    doesn't make any sense. It's not building, the team is just one year removed from back to back championships.

People are so concerned about building for some idea in the future that they disregard winning titles now.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    First of all, Ric Bucher is a meaningless source. The same man who guaranteed "Kobe will not be a Laker" in 2007. But if this is true, let him go...do the deal that Orlando wanted, Bynum+Pau for Dwight, whatever. I'm done with these disgruntled players. I'm still pretty sure this is just a case of Bucher talking out of his ass again. Pau was literally begging LA to keep him here.
    You're in major denial dude. I told you the Lakers were melting down last week after the nixed trade and you downplayed it. Since then Odom is gone for peanuts and Gasol wants out. Not to mention Kobe supposedly has blown up on the front office and is now getting a divorce.

Very good NBA starter

Gotta disagree with that. You have Kobe now, you build for now, ride the wagon until the wheels fall off. Look what happened with the Celtics. Lakers already screwed up HUGE with the Odom trade.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
    kevin love + sessions for pau
    We haven't had Sessions on our roster for 2 years now, he plays for the Cavs.

I would love to get Pau but I would rather not trade Love, Beasley or Williams to get him. Why would we trade our 3 young stars for a 30 something year old guy?

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Gotta disagree with that. You have Kobe now, you build for now, ride the wagon until the wheels fall off. Look what happened with the Celtics. Lakers already screwed up HUGE with the Odom trade.

How many more rings do you think Kobe can bring us to? You guy's must of forgot that Kobe is 33. He has about 2 more good years left in him. He has been playing in the NBA since he was 18. I'm not worried about right now I want us to be able to be contenders when Kobe is gone.

How many more rings do you think Kobe can bring us to? You guy's must of forgot that Kobe is 33. He has about 2 more good years left in him. He has been playing in the NBA since he was 18. I'm not worried about right now I want us to be able to be contenders when Kobe is gone.
    1 or 2 more rings(more than most franchises in the NBA have won). How many rings do I think stupid trades will bring to the Lakers = 0.

People really take for granted being one of the best teams in the world. Mediocre talent isn't going to get it done. No one on the T-Wolves is gonna help.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    trading Bynum and Gasol for Dwight isn't going to get that ring now. We have no PG, No bench, and we send two of our Big mens for Dwight. So that leaves us with Kobe,Dwight,Luke Walton,Ron artest,Matt Barnes, Derek Fisher, Steve Blake, and Josh Mcroberts. Is this team better then the one we had with Kobe,LO,Gasol,and Bynum.

Decent college freshman

It's not really possible to rebuild when you got 33 year old Kobe on the roster making the max. and since Kobe has a no trade clause it will be hard to get rid of him.

If Lakers start stripping the team for pieces they will be stuck in purgatory, ala not a contender but not lottery either because Kobe and Bynum will win like 50 games always

Very good NBA starter

Get him Dwight Howard or get some roster that doesn't have more holes than swiss cheese and Kobe can deliver 2 more rings.

Damn.....shit is really going down in LA huh?

I always hated the Lakers but it's kind of sad to see how things are turning out with them. A vetoed trade rocks their core players, prompts Odom to ask to be traded, they still don't CP3, Kobe get's a divorce, and now Pau may want a trade? Oh yeah, totally forgot about Kobe being old and not having many years left. I doubt he wants to spend his last elite years on a "rebuilding" team. To be honest, I don't want to see him on one either. I want to see him chase another ring or two. As the days go by and Dwight looks more like a Net, those chances seem to be slowly fading away.

Dunno....kinda ****ed up IMO. they just won back to back titles and I honestly thought they were the most talented team in the league. Now they are trying to make too many big moves and it's going to cost them....

I rule the local playground keepinitreal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    To GSW for Kwame Brown
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    You're in major denial dude. I told you the Lakers were melting down last week after the nixed trade and you downplayed it. Since then Odom is gone for peanuts and Gasol wants out. Not to mention Kobe supposedly has blown up on the front office and is now getting a divorce.
    Um no, I had a problem with you saying Kobe wants to be traded...and trying to shove it down our throats without any legit source or reasoning. As for the Lakers "melting down," that is yet to be seen as the season hasn't even started yet. They always deal with off season drama...Kobe asking to be traded in 2007 and the breakup of the dynasty in 2004 come to mind. This is nothing compared to those days...absolutely no need to panic.