Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Have the Knicks improved enough to pass the Bulls and face Heat in ECF?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    I feel these 3 teams been the class of the east with Boston falling substantially (5th seed at best).

Anyways as i look at the matchup what's gonna be interesting to see is if Rose can score & penetrate at will with Chandler down low. Also if Boozer continues to play like shit Stoudermire is gonna have a field day anytime they matchup.

My guess is NOT. Which brings me to a Miami vs Knicks EFC. They are the team that best matchup with the Heat, Anthony on Lebron with Chandler protecting the paint.

Having said that i think the Knicks are 1 year away still & Bron Bron will get a chance at redemption.
    umm Id say the Celtics would not fall below 4th, unless the Pacers somehow shock the league or the Nets acquire Dwight right now.

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Default Re: Have the Knicks improved enough to pass the Bulls and face Heat in ECF?

Yes. Knicks in 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    I'd say the opposite. The Knicks matched up well against Heat after that Melo trade, stunning the big three in Miami in March.
    LOL looking at regular season.

Heat were 0-3 against Chicago in reg season then beat them handily in 5 games in the playoffs.

Heat were 1-3 against Boston in reg season then beat them handily in 5 games in the playoffs.

And in 2006 the Heat were 2-8 against the Pistons, Nets and Mavs in the regular season. When the playoffs rolled around the Heat beat em all in 6 games or less.

when will people learn that reg season means jack in the post season. Especially when it comes to the Heat as Riley and Spo don't put much stock in regular season play as it's more of an experimental phase for them if anything.

"Championships aren't won in the regular season, they're won in the post season" - Pat Riley

Quote Originally Posted by 32Dayz
    Rose is obviously better then Davis.

However a healthy B.Diddy is a better Leader/Passer/PlayMaker then Rose is right now.

Davis was dropping 7-8 dimes per game for what like 13-15 seasons?
    rose was dropping 8 last season
    though i personally think davis is the better passer due to his great court vision but he never used it as much as he could
    i like davis and i'm happy that he's on my team but rose is clearly the superior player

But thinking about it i'd love to see a Chicago vs. New York EFC

if the Bulls get the 1st seed again and the Knicks the 3rd this could be possible

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    umm Id say the Celtics would not fall below 4th, unless the Pacers somehow shock the league or the Nets acquire Dwight right now.
    Orlando or Nets (the team with D-12) will probably oversead Boston.

Anyways doesn't matter will play each other in the first round regardless.

NYK can beat bulls in a series. Miami? I don't see it. How nyk backcourt performs during season could determine that.

B-Eazy Mike Beasley MichaelCheazley's Avatar

Id like to see bulls vs orlando,celtics or knicks. Their opposition last year seemed to not be too overwhelmed and that was indy and atlanta. Granted that atlanta beat orlando. But then again atlanta is atlanta.

no i guess.

I need to see them play in the regular season first.

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    rose was dropping 8 last season
    though i personally think davis is the better passer due to his great court vision but he never used it as much as he could
    i like davis and i'm happy that he's on my team but rose is clearly the superior player
    It's amazing how many people don't know how to really look at statistics. Rose on per possession/pace ranked 59th in the NBA for assists. Hell, Mario Chalmers was ranked in ahead of him in that stat and Chalmers has mediocre to sub mediocre court vision for passing.

The fact of the matter is Rose has poor vision and is not a good passer. He's a shot jacking chucker and they will never win anything with that coming from a PG.

Bulls fans were saying how Rose improved his shot tremendously last year but that's also a lie. Rose was 14th for percentage amongst point guards for 2-point field goals.. He was very mediocre for point guards. And Rose was 9th for most 3-point attempts taken but he was 113th in percentage made.

And let's not forget about the playoffs where Rose was even worse. Under 40% shooting overall and under 25% from downtown. Rose is the perfect example of a very overrated player. He piles up his stats against very poor teams with layups and high percentage shots. But against the very good teams his FG% is atrocious as he doesn't get all those easy chances against the good D's and doesn't have a good shot. He was a pathetic 10% in 4th quarters against the Heat and coming into that series his FG% was atrocious and in the 30's in the two previous series.

Bulls fans try to say that there's nobody else that can shoot on the team and that's why Rose is good. But the reason why that is as well is the fact that he's a poor passer with poor court vision. If Rose was a better passer his teammates would have been in position to score a lot more.

http://swooshnation.com/20110912287/...overrated.html

Its funny how all these heat lovers are back on the bandwagon after falling off the face of the earth after the debacle last year.

And a lot of you guys don't know jack about how organized basketball is played. Why would boozer need to guard amare when we have noah? If miami plays chicago again in the playoffs, I hope they have the same game plan. I don't think they will be able to continuously leave shooters open in order to help out on rose. What the heat did last year was win a gamble. And they didn't sure up they're biggest weaknesses in pg and bigs. Haslem will help but he's not the answer.

I do like new yorks team though. The addition of chandler will make stats job a lot easier.

el pollo loco siiiiiii

Knicks have improved enough that they are now not to be laughed at but only to be ignored in mediocrity

Another fact you bulls haters fail to realize is that the bulls are extremely young. Their biggest addition from last year will be experience, and continuity.

Now a Cavs fan again

No chance. The Knicks were on like a 40 win pace post-Melo trade last season.

The addition of Baron Davis' corpse and Tyson Chandler now put them at high 50 to low 60 wins?

I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank
    It's amazing how many people don't know how to really look at statistics. Rose on per possession/pace ranked 59th in the NBA for assists. Hell, Mario Chalmers was ranked in ahead of him in that stat and Chalmers has mediocre to sub mediocre court vision for passing.

The fact of the matter is Rose has poor vision and is not a good passer. He's a shot jacking chucker and they will never win anything with that coming from a PG.

Bulls fans were saying how Rose improved his shot tremendously last year but that's also a lie. Rose was 14th for percentage amongst point guards for 2-point field goals.. He was very mediocre for point guards. And Rose was 9th for most 3-point attempts taken but he was 113th in percentage made.

And let's not forget about the playoffs where Rose was even worse. Under 40% shooting overall and under 25% from downtown. Rose is the perfect example of a very overrated player. He piles up his stats against very poor teams with layups and high percentage shots. But against the very good teams his FG% is atrocious as he doesn't get all those easy chances against the good D's and doesn't have a good shot. He was a pathetic 10% in 4th quarters against the Heat and coming into that series his FG% was atrocious and in the 30's in the two previous series.

Bulls fans try to say that there's nobody else that can shoot on the team and that's why Rose is good. But the reason why that is as well is the fact that he's a poor passer with poor court vision. If Rose was a better passer his teammates would have been in position to score a lot more.

http://swooshnation.com/20110912287/...overrated.html
    that's what i thought last year until i started watching more bulls games