Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112
    Good High School Starter

Default Re: Prime Steve Nash vs. Current Derrick Rose

Quote Originally Posted by themurph
    Defense doesn't mean sh*t, huh? Spoken like a true Knicks fan....
    ^this, kevin love against the offensive stud amare
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GayiPD9Ygwc

A shooting guard playing point guard or a point guard playing the point guard position? It all depends on what your team needs. I do think that Nash is the better all-around player. He can make the most difficult passes, make crazy, off-balance circus shots, hit from anywhere on the court, he's got tremendous basketball IQ and leadership. On the other hand, Rose is the more explosive player, he can score points in huge bunches, can be dominant at times, but he's also more "up and down", you'll get great performances, and then you'll get whatever that was he put forth during the playoffs last year.

Nash is more consistent, he will usually have a solid game, make all the right decisions and give your team a shot to win. You can't really go wrong with either guy but if you have other scorers on the team, then I would choose Nash every single time.

Not airballing my layups anymore dirk94_'s Avatar

Nash with them broken noses tho...

I got to go with D rose though not trying to disrespect Steve.

nash cant gaurd rose, rose way too athletic

verylegit
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
    A shooting guard playing point guard or a point guard playing the point guard position? It all depends on what your team needs. I do think that Nash is the better all-around player. He can make the most difficult passes, make crazy, off-balance circus shots, hit from anywhere on the court, he's got tremendous basketball IQ and leadership. On the other hand, Rose is the more explosive player, he can score points in huge bunches, can be dominant at times, but he's also more "up and down", you'll get great performances, and then you'll get whatever that was he put forth during the playoffs last year.

Nash is more consistent, he will usually have a solid game, make all the right decisions and give your team a shot to win. You can't really go wrong with either guy but if you have other scorers on the team, then I would choose Nash every single time.
    good description, pretty accurate.

although most people don't realize nash can put up some BIG numbers if he wants to. he's unselfish and a real pg so he's inclined to set up his guys to score and whatnot but just as you said, he can knock it down from anywhere and his shot is seemingly perfect. i'll take nash over d rose, he will create all the right opportunities for his teammates. i'm not very fond of hybrid guards, though i like rose very much.