Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Are Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili hall of famers?

Manu is a lock to get in the HOF. His international impact combined with his NBA career guarantees it. Was one of the more skilled SG's of his era. And is one of the top sixth men of all time. Parker is no lock but he's still got lots of career left in him. My only problem with Parker is I wise he learned the art of running a team like a true floor general. But his scoring ability can't be denied and at his best is a true All Star type player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    Don't really care about either one. Parker is severely overrated, since he could only score on dribble penetration like Rondo. He only now started getting a decent jumpshot to get his points. And Ginobli plays like he's on crack. Half the time the dude hits the floor like a crash test dummy. Which is beginning to catch up with him now. Parker will probably get in for sure. Ginobli maybe on a 3rd ballot of something.
    god damn some people on ish are just simply f ucking RETARDED. ginobili will get in before parker because of his overseas accomplishments. do your homework you f ucking idiot. not only that but tony has had a jump shot since 2007. he didnt just DEVELOPE IT THIS YEAR. god damn ****ing i sh I SWEAR

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NJW1247
    Besides getting carried by Tim Duncan to 3 championships, what accomplishments?
    my god

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FourthTenor
    If Parker is in because the Spurs won titles, Bowen should be in as well.
    bowen didnt get a finals mvp and bowen wasnt the teams argueable 2nd or 3rd option in every run. you kids are just down right retarded. short bus status

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Duncan was the MVP of that series. Parker was the highest scorer and the little white sportswriters like little men. Anyone who looked at that series and thought Parker was the most important person on the floor for the Spurs only saw what they wanted. If Parker burst into flames prior to Game 1, SPurs win that series. If Duncan went down, do Spurs win more than 1 game? Duncan was getting swamped, and Parker abused Boobie.

Parker is not a HOF level talent. He's never been dominant, never been one of the best at his position. His victories come with two players on his own team more important than him. He also doesn't have the (ridiculous) international resume of Gino.

I hate these discussions, because in two seconds im going to be callled a hater and i'm not, i'm not saying Parker isn't great. HOF is for the best of the best, and that does not in any way describe Tony Parker. Not remotely.
    No one is arguing whether Parker deserved the Finals MVP in '07. He got it, bottom line, by being the most dominant offensive player in that series. Yes Duncan is the whole package of offense and defense but even I knew watching that series that Parker deserved it and I knew he would get it even when the people I was watching it with disagreed. That's just how the NBA works, but you can't go back and put an asterisk next to where it says Tony Parker: 2007 Finals MVP in the history books just because people don't necessarily agree.

So it doesn't really work that way. "He's not a HOF talent, he was never dominant, he was never a top talent at his position." Seriously? In '07 he was at the very least a top 4 point guard in the league. He led the team in scoring in the Finals while the rest of the team as a cohesive unit was able to shut down Lebron. I don't see why matchups like Daniel Gibson and Larry Hughes should be held against the guy. He did work in the Finals and put on a great display of dominance, mostly in the paint, where at the time Dwyane Wade and he were the best guards at scoring in the paint efficiently. If you don't believe that then you are just believing what you want to believe and I suggest maybe re-watching some old games. That Finals wasn't a fluke, and neither was Tony's winning of the MVP. Highest scorer on the winning team gets it every year (aside from Chauncey Billups in '04). Why should the case be any different here? If what you believe is true, why don't Ben Wallace or Kevin Garnett have Finals MVPs? Ah, that's right because there were players on those teams who scored more efficiently that led to those series wins. Tony outplayed Duncan and Ginobili offensively that year and he got what he deserved for it. Don't see what's so hard to accept about that.

I don't think your a hater. I actually think you have some good opinions in other threads. But as far as your consistency from team to team and year to year on ranking players through performances and accomplishments, you are a little bit shaky.

Now does this mean Tony gets in the HOF? That's for them to decide. But if you don't think a Finals MVP gets him to the brink of getting in then you have to be some type of crazy.

Banned

CAREER NOTES: The 2007 NBA Finals MVP … a three-time NBA All-Star … named the Gazzetta dello Sport European Player of the Year in 2008 … named the 2003 Champion of French Champions by the French newspaper L’Equipe (the first basketball player ever to receive the award) … on 10/30/01 vs. the L.A. Clippers became the youngest player ever to appear in a game with the Spurs making his NBA debut at 19 years and 166 days of age … the previous record was held by Mark Olberding who was 19 years and 219 days old when he made his Spurs debut on 11/26/75 at Virginia … among Spurs all-time leaders ranks fifth in games played (668), fourth in points (11,113), third in assists (3,772), fourth in FG made (4,410), seventh in 3FG made (320), sixth in FT made (1,973) and ninth in steals (635) … among Spurs all-time playoff leaders ranks second in points (2,473), first in assists (651), fourth in rebounds (418), third in steals (124) and second in games (132) … in his NBA career has appeared in 668 regular season games, averaging 16.6 points, 5.6 assists and 3.1 rebounds in 33.0 minutes … has seen action in 132 playoff games, averaging 18.7 points, 4.9 assists and 3.2 rebounds in 36.3 minutes in the postseason … among active NBA playoff career leaders ranks eighth in games played (132), seventh in points (2,473), fifth in assists (651) and ninth in minutes (4,796) … appeared in more playoff games before his 24th birthday than any player in NBA history (a total of 77 … Kobe Bryant is second on the list seeing action in 66 postseason games before his 24th birthday) … was a member of France’s Junior National Team in the European Junior Championships in both 1998 and 2000 … a member of the French National Team since 2001 … played for France in both the 2001 and 2003 European Championships … averaged 11.9 points and 2.9 assists in seven games as France finished third in the 2005 European Championship … in the bronze medal game had 25 points and 5 assists as France beat Spain to claim its first medal in the European Championships since 1959 … missed the 2006 World Championship after suffering a broken right index finger … in the 2007 European Championship averaged 20.1 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.8 assists in 30.9 minutes in nine games … ranked second in the tournament in scoring and eighth in assists … had a tournament-high 36 points to lead France to a 69-62 victory over Italy on 9/4 … played in the French minors in 1997–98 and 1998–99 before signing with Paris Saint Germain Racing in 1999 (the team changed its name to Paris Basket Racing prior to the 2000–01 season) … attended the National Institute for Sports and Physical Education (INSEP) in Paris … made a big splash at the 2000 Nike Hoop Summit in Indianapolis on 4/2/00 … had 20 points, 7 assists, 4 rebounds and 2 steals in 30 minutes against top U.S. stars (including Darius Miles, Zach Randolph and Chris Duhon) … played for the Spurs in the 2001 Rocky Mountain Revue.

With his 55 points and 10 assists, Tony Parker joins some nice company. He is now one of only three players in NBA history to notch at least 55 points and dish out double figure assists. The other two? Oscar Robertson and Michael Jordan.

yah pretty sure thats hall of fame material ALREADY

we have frances GOAT and argentinas GOAT. suck it haters
    Last edited by MooseJuiceBowen; 12-24-2011 at 05:11 PM.

Manu: Sure lock

Parker: look if Dumars got in who's to say parker dont have a chance?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    I'm probably the only one who thinks this, but I feel like if you switch out the teams Ray Allen and Ginobili played for, everyone would think Ginobili is better. So I do think Ginobili deserves a HOF spot, but I'm not sure if he gets it.
    I'm not sure if thats the case... ginobli only received less minutes because he had trouble staying healthy... ray ray was a very durable guy throughout his career and would in no way shape or form be coming off the bench for the spurs I'd see prime ray averaging around 22 ppg for the spurs in their championship runs consistently... basically your adding 2 more rings to rays resume which makes it far more impressive then it is now... Ginobli is very capable of putting up prime ray allen numbers as the number 1 option but we'll never know sadly hes extremely underrated and i really do wish he had a chance to have his own team... the only reason ginobli gets overlooked by a lot of ppl because he was never a batman in his career up til now... and even now as the most important player for the spurs itll still be seen as duncans team when in reality manu is the focal guy for them

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by MooseJuiceBowen
    god damn some people on ish are just simply f ucking RETARDED. ginobili will get in before parker because of his overseas accomplishments. do your homework you f ucking idiot. not only that but tony has had a jump shot since 2007. he didnt just DEVELOPE IT THIS YEAR. god damn ****ing i sh I SWEAR

Spurs haven't won a Finals since '07, and how many Finals since then have you Spurs fans said they were going to win?! How many of you were right?! If you're gonna TRY and sit there acting like you're never wrong about anything related to basketball, then the ONLY idiotic re**** here would be you
    Last edited by LakersReign; 12-25-2011 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Duncan was the MVP of that series. Parker was the highest scorer and the little white sportswriters like little men. Anyone who looked at that series and thought Parker was the most important person on the floor for the Spurs only saw what they wanted. If Parker burst into flames prior to Game 1, SPurs win that series. If Duncan went down, do Spurs win more than 1 game? Duncan was getting swamped, and Parker abused Boobie.

Parker is not a HOF level talent. He's never been dominant, never been one of the best at his position. His victories come with two players on his own team more important than him. He also doesn't have the (ridiculous) international resume of Gino.

I hate these discussions, because in two seconds im going to be callled a hater and i'm not, i'm not saying Parker isn't great. HOF is for the best of the best, and that does not in any way describe Tony Parker. Not remotely.
    Agreed.

Parker does one thing extremely well and when you take away penetration, he's very ordinary. Phil Jackson used to clog the lane and MEM did it last year - makes him ineffective as he doesn't pass well. Manu is much more versatile and makes his teammates better. Even if he isn't playing well or the opponent focuses on him, he does other things for the team (passes, steals). TP to RJ makes me cringe (but to be fair, everything about RJ makes me cringe).

NBA + international will get Manu into HOF. Parker probably gets in too - a FMVP and 3 rings make a great resume, but he won't age as gracefully as Manu.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Jerry West a shooting guard?
    Absolutely. They didn't even define point guard as a position until way after Logo retired. Nobody was stupid enough to limit players to a role in those days, and definitely not him.

Parker deserved his Finals MVP. Duncan was the best player in the Spurs that year. And led to the title.

Duncan played extremely worse in last 2 games of the finals. But If we exclude those 2 games; he averaged 23.2/11.4/3.3/3.2 on .543 fg% for 18 games in that playoffs.

Parker deserved his award. If there was a award such as Playoffs MVP, Duncan would have won it.

NBA lottery pick

Manu = Yes
    Parker = Not first ballot, but most likely if he keeps up his consistency a few more years.

If that one guy who average 14ppg and won MVP, why can't Parker at least get HOF?

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    Agreed.

Parker does one thing extremely well and when you take away penetration, he's very ordinary. Phil Jackson used to clog the lane and MEM did it last year - makes him ineffective as he doesn't pass well. Manu is much more versatile and makes his teammates better. Even if he isn't playing well or the opponent focuses on him, he does other things for the team (passes, steals). TP to RJ makes me cringe (but to be fair, everything about RJ makes me cringe).

NBA + international will get Manu into HOF. Parker probably gets in too - a FMVP and 3 rings make a great resume, but he won't age as gracefully as Manu.
    Maybe. These guys will also be in the Hall based on their international accomplishments.

[quote=MooseJuiceBowen]CAREER NOTES: The 2007 NBA Finals MVP