Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Default Re: Lamarcus Aldridge best 4 in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I agree 100 percent. Which is why this thread is completely irrelevant. You just said the most important thing.

Well this thread was a "projection". He didn't flat out say LA was the best.
    Plus the first two weeks doesn't really benefit LA since he hasn't done anything overly impressive. Like for example, Kevin Love has.

He also didn't really say "because" of the first two weeks I think LA is the best PF in the game. It seems like his mind was already made up that he is at least the #2 PF behind Dirk.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

[QUOTE=rhythmic

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

They have a legit 10 man rotation.
    This is beside your point, but that isn't true. More of an 8 man rotation, and then a couple of unproven or scrub players behind that.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease nbaballllller's Avatar

lets get real.

some people in this thread are just stupid.

Its been 6 games at the beginning of the season.... who cares

The best 4 in the game is Dirk. No question.

Its not love. its not griffin and its not Aldridge.

When the season matters (i.e. the 2011/12 post season) which 4 do u want on your team?

The answer has to be dirk. Swap him with Aldridge and this blazers team has a great opportunity to win a chip.

Currently they have a very low chance. Aldridge isnt going to win them games in the playoffs against kobe, durant, dirk.

/thread

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Way to put words in my mouth and blatantly lie. I've NEVER said Griffin was the best PF. Prove that I've said it and I'll never return to ISH. Last year... I said Griffin had a case STATISTICALLY with Dirk and Amare but I ranked him 3rd after those two. LOL at players "saving themselves" for the post season. How can you call somebody the best player based on that? So they disregard all games besides playoff games?
    Wow, you really are exploiting ISH's lack of a search function.
    Anyhow, I don't base my complete ranking of a player on the fact that he's saving himself for the postseason. But who cares who the best player of an 8-game stretch is? Being the best 4 for 8 consecutive games does not mean being the best PF "right now". For me, "right now" means "this season". Not only do we not know how the regular season pans out; the postseason, where things actually matter, is yet to come. And honestly, we're not even talking about a stretch of games in the middle of a season, we concern ourselves with the first few games of a lock-out shortened season with players who aren't mentally and physically ready yet.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    It is such a myth that LMA is a mediocre rebounder for his size. This is the difference between people that understand basketball and people that just blindly follow, or check out stats.

Watch a Portland game and see how many times there is an interior offensive rebound over LMA. Seriously. He beasts in the paint. He doesn't go chasing rebounds outside the paint area. He has the guard and forwards to go do that. He knows what his role is an is the best player in the league at it.

The other reason he doesn't rebound stat wise is because he is one of the few people (like Timmy) that plays fundamentally sound. He blocks out his man from the basket instead of just attacking the glass, and that allows his TEAM to rebound the ball.

His biggest *weakness* is that he doesn't demand the ball enough. He is such a knock down midrange shooter that he uses the pick and pop option too much sometimes. However, it is not due to a lack of ability in the low post. His short hook and back down game is better than anyone else in the league. He is strong, uses good fakes, has the length to shoot over anyone, and finishes well on both sides of the basket.

He will end the year averaging,
    24.3 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 2.3 apg, 1.1 spg, 1.3 bpg on 50% and 80%.

His low rebound numbers is the same reason as low assist numbers. He doesn't put up stats, but instead makes the play that helps his team the most. The Blazers lost Brandon Roy and IMPROVED...because the offense then ran through the ultra-efficient, ultra-deadly, ultra-great decision making Aldridge. He rarely rarely makes a mistake on the floor. He makes the hockey pass a ton and never gets credit for that. He see's the double coming and swings it quickly (doesn't wait like Kobe) and that allows the man who receives the ball to get the assist to the secondary cutter.

I don't post often...but when I do I'm usually right.
    *The most knowledgeable man on the board
    Beast