Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Facts Are Misleading

Default Re: Lebron is on pace to have the most productive-efficient season ever...

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    It doesn't mean shit if he can't win the big one. We all know Lebron can play very well during the regular season, the Finals/playoffs are a different story.

When the playoffs roll around, I'll take Kobe over anybody else in the league right now.
    Why? Kobe wasn't the best player in any of his two series last year, and that trend will probably continue.

Default Re: Lebron is on pace to have the most productive-efficient season ever...

Quote Originally Posted by Quickening
    Most productive season, combined with a championship and FMVP will cement his place as GOAT.
    Disagree because I think those things are coming, likely this year. But it's still a lockout season. A lot of players aren't even on their game; they didn't even think they'd be playing this year.

-Smak

Great college starter

Cool..... but we all know Lebron is the better player, he would have also have won easy championships if he would have played in a weak era (90s) on a stacked team.

Michael Jordan had all the shit Kobe, Wade, or Lebon don't have on their own....Jordan was super clutch, hit the 3-pointer, high scorer on great effeciency, great defender, great FT shooter, athletic with what Phil called "billion-dollar hands"

Kobe = not effecient...Lebron = can't shoot FT's as well, less clutch...Wade = lacks in most areas....

Jordan is the only one who could do it all at a consistently high level = no holes.

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    Michael Jordan had all the shit Kobe, Wade, or Lebon don't have on their own....Jordan was super clutch, hit the 3-pointer, high scorer on great effeciency, great defender, great FT shooter, athletic with what Phil called "billion-dollar hands"

Kobe = not effecient...Lebron = can't shoot FT's as well, less clutch...Wade = lacks in most areas....

Jordan is the only one who could do it all at a consistently high level = no holes.
    He wasn't high level 3 point shooter bar the year they move the line closer.....

Compare the drop off Cavs had when Lebron left, to when MJ left the bulls for his little break.

Lebron makes his team far better, I question whether MJ does this.

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23

as a talent, LeBron is better than MJ. BLASPHEMY. But it's true. take 4 random role players and put them on each side, LeBron wins and gets more stats.

Larry Bird was clutch. You saw him hitting ridiculous shots. MJ was just doing his thing. His clutch was consistency. LeBron only has had that chance once. And last year they just got outplayed by the Mavs. The Mavs and Dirk put on an epic show the whole playoffs.

MJ, as great as he was, is so overrated. All of these wings are overrated. But LeBron is truly a stud. What does MJ do better than LeBron? Post up? Is he really a better defender? Maybe, but LeBron can guard more positions. LeBron is the bigger match up nightmare. Plus MJ was playing against a lot of guys that weren't able to compete with him athletically. Imagine a team putting Craig Ehlo on LeBron and having no zone to cover up for it.

-Smak

Unless Lebron is joining the 50/40/90 club then no.

But definitly one of the most efficent of all time though
    Last edited by Yung D-Will; 01-08-2012 at 12:25 PM.

Local High School Star

Lebron= GOAT.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Call me back when he doesnt choke to win it all.

Good thread. I look forward to bumping this after playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    Plus MJ was playing against a lot of guys that weren't able to compete with him athletically.
    Isn't that true of Lebron as well? Who at his position can keep up with him athletically??

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    30 ppg @ 60% FG, 80% FT (66% TS)
    8 rpg
    8 apg
    2 spg
    1 bpg
    36 minutes

PER 48 minutes that makes it:

40 ppg
    11 rpg
    11 apg
    3 spg
    2 bpg

hence why:

PER - 36.8 (highest of all time)
    EFF - 35.4 (highest of all time)

Now i know its a bit early...... and that PER thing will drop... but the way he is playing right now i dont see a sign of it dropping to much aka. drop out of #1....
    Well if he plays like this the whole year I will concede it the best regular season in the modern era. And not so much because of the super impressive stats (have to love his anti-stat padding game against the Nets - I can't remember the last time I saw that) but because his judgement and team play is off the hook. I think Durant will go down as one of the greatest scorers ever but Lebron, if he wanted to, could have outscored him every year and still gotten six assist per game. The guy uses speed, strength, coordination, court vision, knowledge of the game, quickness, unselfishness at such a high level its great to watch. I won't project, but while he's driven like this we are going to see some real special nights.

Local High School Star Vienceslav's Avatar

On pace to one of the best seasons ever , period.
    If he wins it all , people might even go as far as acknowledging it.

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Lol I'm are Jordan had a better efficiency during a ten game span.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    as a talent, LeBron is better than MJ. BLASPHEMY. But it's true. take 4 random role players and put them on each side, LeBron wins and gets more stats.

Larry Bird was clutch. You saw him hitting ridiculous shots. MJ was just doing his thing. His clutch was consistency. LeBron only has had that chance once. And last year they just got outplayed by the Mavs. The Mavs and Dirk put on an epic show the whole playoffs.

MJ, as great as he was, is so overrated. All of these wings are overrated. But LeBron is truly a stud. What does MJ do better than LeBron? Post up? Is he really a better defender? Maybe, but LeBron can guard more positions. LeBron is the bigger match up nightmare. Plus MJ was playing against a lot of guys that weren't able to compete with him athletically. Imagine a team putting Craig Ehlo on LeBron and having no zone to cover up for it.

-Smak
    Mj was guarded by clyde,Rodman,,Harper,Cooper throughout his career. Wtf are you talking about dumbass?
    LJ averged like 17 ppg and got outplayed by Wade. LJ had plenty of chances to win and even go up 2-0 he choked in the 4th Q

MJ was a way better post player you idiot

I can't wait til the Playoffs!!!

I want to see if he will perform at this level throughout the Playoffs. I actually wouldn't mind seeing him to get that monkey off his back and win a ring. Unless of course.....the Heat face the Thunder in the finals. Then I say fuck him and his ring quest.