Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Default Re: WHY are the Heat losing?

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    terrible at winning.
    this phrase reeks of someone who never played organized sports. I'm not sure why, it just does.

They'll win soon. Just one of those losing streaks.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool
    this phrase reeks of someone who never played organized sports. I'm not sure why, it just does.
    I played tons of organized sports when I was a kid.

Don't see your point though. LeBron has put up amazing stats yet hasn't won when it matters most. He continues to lose important games.

The difference is LeBron, Wade and Bosh teaming up in todays league would have been the equivalent of Jordan, Bird and Malone teaming up back then.
    Now you are exaggerating...

Jordan was the most talented-skilled-productive-clutch player ever, best SG (and player) of all time... who used to average up to 37 ppg, up to 8 rpg, up to 8 apg...

Bird was one of top 3 most complete players of all time, best shooter ever, best SF of all time... who used to average up to 30 ppg, up to 11 rpg, up to 8 apg..

Malone was the best PF ever... who used to average up to 31 ppg, up to 12 rpg, up to 5 apg...

So its more like:

A more scoring minded, athletic Magic Johnson (Lebron)
    teams up with Drexler (Wade)
    and Danny Manning (Bosh)
    Last edited by pauk; 01-14-2012 at 08:51 PM.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

The Golden State loss was the really only bad one. There's no excuse for blowing a 17 point lead like that.

The Clippers and Nuggets played really well. Either of those teams can beat anyone. It doesn't help that Wade clearly isn't right, but I don't think these losses are indicative of anything going on with the team that hasn't happened before.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

3 reasons.

1) Their best players are BAD closers. They wouldn't have lost @ GSW and @ LAC if either Wade or LeBron were good 4th qtr players.

2) Retarded defensive scheme. They over-help and leave 3pt shooters open ALL THE TIME. Especially at the end of games. Every close game Miami loses will feature a back-breaking 3 by the opposition in the final 30 seconds. Spoelstra doesn't believe in making adjustments, so this will be a never-ending issue.

3) Their big men SUCK, which leads to poor defensive rebounding and interior D. Miami's defensive ranking will always be very misleading, because they pad up their numbers against poor perimeter shooting teams by completely shutting the interior. Good shooting teams(like Dallas) will always expose them.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    LeBron, as you say, has more talent around him. Probably explains why he's shooting less than Kobe. LeBron is a much better defender and a better offensive player at this point in their careers. 10-12 games doesn't prove shit. Kobe had hot streaks last year as well. I'll admit I was wrong IF Kobe is a top 5 player by SEASON's end. 10 games is hardly an accurate measure of how good a player is. Also, please don't ignore the first part of my post (the more important part) about Iverson.
    Much better defender? I guess you haven't watched Kobe this season.

Kobe isn't just going to fall off a cliff. He's gonna be top 3 by the season's end, just like he is now. No doubt about it.

You should just start admitting how ****ing wrong you were.

I've watched a pretty good amount of Lakers games this year, actually, and I've watched at least part of every Heat (often the entire). Stop talking out of your ass, buddy.
    I guess your analytical skills are just poor then. Kobe has been a very good defender this year since he isn't playing on one leg like last year.

He's an okay defender when he feels like it. LeBron is much better to anyone who isn't wearing Kobe goggles.
    Maybe you should take the anti-Kobe goggles off and realize he has been a very good defender this year. Lebron is not "much better".

Kobe is playing MUCH better defense than last year. Probably because he isn't playing on 1 leg like last year.

LeBron is much better, dumbass, this isn't 2003. I'm not anti-Kobe, I just can't stand his incredibly annoying fanbase (I.e., you). Stop following me around trying to get me to validate your opinion of Kobe; I don't worship him and you're not going to get me to do so. Ever. Now scram.
    Typical cop-out. No actual argument from you. Just baseless statements.

And you responded to me first dipshit. So how am I following you? lol at you.

Funny how if you win in streaks people trip but if they won like 2 lost 1 2 lost 1... etc. They are 8-4 that's straight. And only lost 1 at a home.

-Smak

Local High School Star strifed169's Avatar

Spoelstra

Not really. I remember 2 games into the season, Heat fans were already saying this is the greatest team of all time. Someone said they're the greatest team in the last 15 years. Now that they're struggling and lose 3 games in a row people are overreacting? I think people overreacted more to the first couple of wins this season. Losing 3 games in a row with 3 of the best players (one of them being called the best, the other being called one of the best shooting guards of all time) in the league is awful. There's no excuse anymore. They played together an entire season last year. This team has become overrated. People wanted to label them the next '90s Bulls or Showtime Lakers or '80s Celtics ever since LeBron decided to take his talent to South Beach.
    Heat started 9-8 last year, lost most games against the elite but cruised through the east in the playoffs losing just 3 games...playoffs is a different animal.

Banned

Heat losing because they are not executing at the end of games. Also losing intensity letting teams back in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Heat losing because they are not executing at the end of games. Also losing intensity letting teams back in the game.
    Indeed, it was clear that GS loss was purely lack of focus. Which is easy when you have that star power and playing a team with nothing to lose