Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Great college starter Black Joker's Avatar

Default Re: Avengers Vs. X-Men (Cover included)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    also Reed Richard's son Franklin Richards is basically God and can reshape reality however he pleases whenever he wants to

yeah, that's basically the best way to describe him. he's basically there in case the good guys need a deus ex machina

Quote Originally Posted by Black Joker

yeah, that's basically the best way to describe him. he's basically there in case the good guys need a deus ex machina
    Which is pretty beat. I hate reading about all these "world ending" events and in the back of my mind knowing that Franklin could just make it disappear in a second. Like during Fear Itself when no one knew wtf to do but Franklin just walked up to the Thing and just turned him back to noraml like it was nothing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    So I just saw this...i might be late i don't follow comics much anymore...but they're making an Avengers vs. X-Men series??

At first I thought that could be cool, but then i see the cover

SERIOUSLY?? They have the nerve to put Wolverine and Beast on the Avengers? I know the might be on the team in these newer comics but come on they're classic X-Men (especially Wolverine who's the most recognizable X-Men character by far). Aside from that stupid point has anyone heard anything else about this series?
    Why is everybody always yelling on these covers?

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Game would be nice, but why would they put Wolverine on the Avengers? What on earth?
    X-men teams split a few months back. This allows them to keep consistency in the like 8 other xmen comics running that have Logan leading his own squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Which is pretty beat. I hate reading about all these "world ending" events and in the back of my mind knowing that Franklin could just make it disappear in a second. Like during Fear Itself when no one knew wtf to do but Franklin just walked up to the Thing and just turned him back to noraml like it was nothing.

so basically Franklin is a prick that could end all war, famine, and such but he chooses not to?

kind of like a more powerful Dr. Manhattan?
    Last edited by kentatm; 01-16-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    so basically Franklin is a prick that could end all war, famine, and such but he chooses not too?

...Yes

Great college starter Black Joker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    +1

it's just stupid to have someone like him, dude literally created a pocket universe one night when he didn't feel like going to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    so basically Franklin is a prick that could end all war, famine, and such but he chooses not too?

i mean franklin is like 10, but yeah, basically. he can warp reality however he pleases

Quote Originally Posted by Black Joker
    +1

it's just stupid to have someone like him, dude literally created a pocket universe one night when he didn't feel like going to bed.

i mean franklin is like 10, but yeah, basically. he can warp reality however he pleases

ahh ok, I haven't read comics really since Power of Shazam was still in print (shit I'm starting to get old) and I didn't realize he was so young so I guess that makes it not as bad.

but still, that seems like the kind of character who wont last long.

something bad will happen to a cat with that kind of power.

This Richards guy sounds like a summary of why I stopped getting into comics. I liked it when the X-Men were Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Beast, Gambit, Rogue, Jean (with Nightcrawler, Colosus, Jubilee, Pyslocke etc randomly joining them sometimes) and they fought Magneto, Juggernaut, Sabretooth, Apocalypse and the Brotherhood. I liked when the Fantastic 4 were Reed, Invisible Woman, Thing and Human Torch and they fought Dr. Doom. I liked when Spiderman, Iron Man, Hulk etc were standalones in their own world and fought their own enemies. Then the occasional crossover would happen for an issue or two and the story arc would end with them all going back to normal.

Now, since the late 90s or so, people have just come in changing way too much to the point that I can't even keep up with it anymore. It's like when kids would play superhero and make up their own powers as they go along. "my guy is made out of invincible magic and can make you die just by looking at you!" then the other kid would say "oh yeah? well MY guy is even stronger and can cancel your guys powers out and make ANYTHING happen that he wants!". All-powerful characters ruin comics.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Schism sucked assssss!

I've been extremely dissapointed with major events lately. Spider Island saved me.

I don't expect much from this one either.

Eh, not sure i will bother following this. I only just began reading on a regular basis a year ago and already feel there is too many "events" and cross overs.

I wont even read this

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    I wont even read this
    You know that's lie..lolz

anyone actually end up reading this?

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
    Why is everybody always yelling on these covers?
    how can you tell spiderman & ironman are as well?