Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Default Re: Spurs depth is severely underrated

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Sixers bench rises to the occasion vs the Bulls.
    You're just oozing with hate, aren't ya?

Best win of the season for the Sixers. By far, keep it up. I actually want to see All-Star on the Sixers that isn't Allen Iverson.

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    You're just oozing with hate, aren't ya?

Best win of the season for the Sixers. By far, keep it up. I actually want to see All-Star on the Sixers that isn't Allen Iverson.
    What am I hating on?

Just saying Sixers bench is legit, they are forreal. You said you wanted to see them play a good team, well we've played two.

What am I hating on?

Just saying Sixers bench is legit, they are forreal. You said you wanted to see them play a good team, well we've played two.
    Coming back in the Spurs' bench thread to continue to hype the Sixers. Don't try and act like you aren't trying to continually stick it to us Spurs fans.

Yeah and Congrats on your two games against actual tough opponents, but try having them several times a week instead of twice since Christmas.

Coming back in the Spurs' bench thread to continue to hype the Sixers. Don't try and act like you aren't trying to continually stick it to us Spurs fans.
    Want to know why I keep coming back in this thread?

Yeah and Congrats on your two games against actual tough opponents, but try having them several times a week instead of twice since Christmas.
    This is why. Cant give credit. Such a shame.

Want to know why I keep coming back in this thread?

This is why. Cant give credit. Such a shame.
    aw, you just want our approval and admiration.

I give credit where credit is due, such as your record and current top 3 standing in the East. Your strength of schedule however is one of, if not the most, forgiving schedule of any team in the league. Yes the number of wins looks good on a young team with no true star, but ill be extremely shocked if you guys finish with a top 4 seed. But if you don't I can't see you getting out of the first round.

I give credit where credit is due, such as your record and current top 3 standing in the East. Your strength of schedule however is one of, if not the most, forgiving schedule of any team in the league. Yes the number of wins looks good on a young team with no true star, but ill be extremely shocked if you guys finish with a top 4 seed. But if you don't I can't see you getting out of the first round.
    There have been 38 teams in N.B.A. history with a point differential of at least plus-10.0 points a game through their first 18 games. The median winning percentage of those teams was .753, which translates to 49.7 wins over a 66-game season. Additionally, 24 of those teams advanced to the N.B.A. finals, with 19 claiming the championship.

In short, mediocre teams do not go on extended runs in which they routinely outscored opponents by double-digit margins. If history serves as a guide, Philadelphia is a contender.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    There have been 38 teams in N.B.A. history with a point differential of at least plus-10.0 points a game through their first 18 games. The median winning percentage of those teams was .753, which translates to 49.7 wins over a 66-game season. Additionally, 24 of those teams advanced to the N.B.A. finals, with 19 claiming the championship.

In short, mediocre teams do not go on extended runs in which they routinely outscored opponents by double-digit margins. If history serves as a guide, Philadelphia is a contender.
    I see both sides. They will finish with a top 4 seed most likely at this rate... but even GOBB admits they are a 1st or 2nd round exit team. They don't appear (at least yet) to have the talent to win titles or conference finals.

I don't see at all how those stats matter when you consider how extremely weak their schedule has been, which has been my main point if anyone decides to read my posts before replying to them.

Coming from a Guy who's team has about a 1 percent chance of winning it all this year: the Sixers are not contenders.

My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

The Sixers have had the second easiest strength of schedule. Only the Knicks have had an easier schedule thus far.

Spurs have had the third toughest SOS.

Hardly.

Has nothing to do with the bench, but thanks for your thought on the Sixers team.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
    The Sixers have had the second easiest strength of schedule. Only the Knicks have had an easier schedule thus far.
    Did you know that blowing out bad teams consistently is more important in predicting who will win a championship, than the close victories over good teams?

Hardly.
    The fact you came into this thread unprovoked with your first post as well as continue to come in here with the same "look at us, look at us" bs, speaks to the fact otherwise.

If you're that hard up on people appreciating your bench or team or whatever, go start a thread about it and stop pretending not to care in this one.

Did you know that blowing out bad teams consistently is more important in predicting who will win a championship, than the close victories over good teams?
    Did you just ignore the fact that the Sixers have had the second easiest schedule so far?

I think it's cute you think the Sixers are title contenders, I do, but maybe take that talk to a Sixers related thread. Huh?

Hardly.

Has nothing to do with the bench, but thanks for your thought on the Sixers team.
    Was a joke bro.. lighten up.

Bench are part of the Sixers team, are they not? Don't know why you can't respond because I didn't refer to their bench? Well according to you their bench is their damn team, so what seems to be the problem here?

Aren't you doing the same by talking about your team?

Not going to let me chime in, eh? Interesting strategy. Gonna be tough to beat that one.
    Last edited by TMT; 02-02-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
    Did you just ignore the fact that the Sixers have had the second easiest schedule so far?

I think it's cute you think the Sixers are title contenders, I do, but maybe take that talk to a Sixers related thread. Huh?
    I never said anything, I just quoted an article I saw.

But, looking at the history of the NBA, teams that consistently blow out bad teams turn out to be contenders.

That's all.