Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Why is anyone against gay marriage?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Because we don't want them to have children. [COLOR="White"][COLOR="Black"]This was a (poor) joke post. If you are replying to curse out an idiot homophobe tough shit, all you got was an idiot. Consider yourself successfully trolled[/COLOR].[/COLOR]

HEHEHEHEHEHE!

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Default Re: I don't understand

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    Marriage is viewed as religious by nature and it goes against many religions...probably every religion

I am not relgious but I can understand a church being offended at a gay couple being married under God in thier church

they should just label it something other than marraige...label it a "partnership" or something...and make sure they get the church's permission to wed inside

I am not against btw

This.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

people should stop being baffled...

outside this country there is slavery and women being stoned to death...there are places where homosexualty is punished by DEATH

yet you are "baffled" that some Bible fanatics here are opposed to gay marraige?...it really isn't the biggest deal in the world

Decent college freshman

I'm not going to support it but at the same time I'm not going to judge or condemn anyone for it. It's not my place to judge.

Marriage is also a legal institution. Even if a priest or minister or rabbi marries you, they are also acting as Marriage Officiants, sometimes called celebrants, and are considered to be a civil official.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Marriage is also a legal institution. Even if a priest or minister or rabbi marries you, they are also acting as Marriage Officiants, sometimes called celebrants, and are considered to be a civil official.
    that's why I said they should just label it a "partnership" rather than a marraige and give them all the same legal benifits that married couples get...that way they can have the legal issues they want and not offend any religious.

"John and Jim are getting partnered this weekend" probably won't offend religious as bad

that's why I said they should just label it a "partnership" rather than a marraige and give them all the same legal benifits that married couples get...that way they can have the legal issues they want and not offend any religious.
    Yeah, because "Separate But Equal" worked before!

Serious playground baller

Don't mind gay people at all..... as long as I never see one I'm fine, a man marries a man....... hmmmmmmmm then why do we have woman on earth again?

Banned

Another question I have for you guys is do u think homosexuality is real or do you think people some reason like pretending to like the same sex?

kings fan

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    I don't think you can do that...

Quote Originally Posted by SlayerEnraged
    Another question I have for you guys is do u think homosexuality is real or do you think people some reason like pretending to like the same sex?
    I will give my opinion in the form of a question: is left handedness real?

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101

no, they were not treated equal

There is no logical reason for gay marriage to be banned.

Conservatives are all about fear. They fear everything. Gay marriage is something "different" and this scares them. They rebel against anything new, especially if it doesn't conform to the bible.

Fear of change and well, just fear in general dominates conservative agenda. And part of that is gay marriage.

Because being gay, to them, is just "wrong".

Marriage is viewed as religious by nature and it goes against many religions...probably every religion

I am not relgious but I can understand a church being offended at a gay couple being married under God in thier church

they should just label it something other than marraige...label it a "partnership" or something...and make sure they get the church's permission to wed inside

I am not against btw
    Civil Union. Gays absolutely deserve every right that any citizen has and are just as capable of having a healthy (emotionally) relationship as anyone else.

For some reason though, my instincts tell me it's going to far to have their commitment be honored and recognized as a 'marriage' in name. Legal benefits, yes. Go get em tiger but I probably will not waver from being against an actual gay MARRIAGE

That's just me though, I trust my instincts. I got love for generally all kinds of groups and diff sects of society. Nuthing inherent against gays that I wouldn't hold anybody else accountable for. I do feel a good portion of them probably have more personal issues than the norm but hell, everybody is f ucked up nowadays.

Wanna know why? It's because the sacred institution of marriage and family crumbles faster than a wet matzo boat and issues of belonging and security arise from that. Ironic, huh?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cuad
    I don't think you can do that...

I will give my opinion in the form of a question: is left handedness real?
    do u mean can some1 be let handed? If so then yes lots of people are. So u believe people can be born gay?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Im neither religious or against gay marriage. But I can see why someone religious would be. Pretend being married isnt a religious thing all you want to..it..pretty much is. Even people who arent into it get married in a church by a preacher more often than not. The legal side shouldnt bother anyone. But I can see how someone might see it as a corruption of a faith based thing.