Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Why is anyone against gay marriage?

We need to start allowing equal rights for the polygamists too...

I want to have three wives.

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

because its gay.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: I don't understand

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Im neither religious or against gay marriage. But I can see why someone religious would be. Pretend being married isnt a religious thing all you want to..it..pretty much is. Even people who arent into it get married in a church by a preacher more often than not. The legal side shouldnt bother anyone. But I can see how someone might see it as a corruption of a faith based thing.
    Unfortunately true. Someone needs to tel these people that church and state are supposed to be separate.

Contrary to what people believe... this is suppose to be a Christian Nation...

If it's not a Christian Nation.... then why does the President place his hand on a Bible when taking the Oath of office?

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler

This, eventually all this will spin out of control and the "American Dream" family will soon be a mockery and a backwards ass fight for equal rights of all kind of dividing alternative lifestyles.

What the hell kind of society would knowingly dilute and mock a traditional marriage and family when it's pretty much proven (although still w its problems) that one woman and one man is the safest way to bring up children?

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

If it's not a Christian Nation.... then why does the President place his hand on a Bible when taking the Oath of office?
    because Obama is Christian

if he was muslim they would have a Koran out there

Banned

I love threads like this. It really separates the thinking people from the knuckle draggers.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Because he's a Christian and we've never had a President that didn't at least claim to be a Christian. If he's swearing an oath over Bhagavad-Gita it wouldn't mean anything. Now what about the First Amendment and the separation of church and state are we not getting here?

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Government should stay out of ALL marriages. If a church doesn't want to marry a gay couple, everyone should have no problem with that.

Side Note: My cousin is lesbian and getting married in February in Texas. That's exactly how it should be. No recognition of marriages straight or gay by the government. Just a badass ceremony.

I can't go thought. I have to work. All my cousins are going to be there too. I'm going to be the guy that people think gays shouldn't marry.

kings fan

Quote Originally Posted by SlayerEnraged
    So u believe people can be born gay?
    I think that all gay people are born gay, but I guess I don't know that for sure.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    Government should stay out of ALL marriages. If a church doesn't want to marry a gay couple, everyone should have no problem with that.
    Nobody is saying that churches should be obligated to marry homosexual couples -- they shouldn't. But if two guys or gals want to get married at city hall....why the **** not?

To deny marriage rights under the law and all that entails to two people just because people are "offended" is ridiculous.

Just remember that it was only 45 years ago that it was illegal to marry someone outside of your own race in the United States of America.

Relevant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cycXuYzmzNg

[QUOTE=Crystallas]The government shouldn't be able to legally define what any couple calls themselves, nor should it involve itself into the bedrooms of consulting adults.[/QUOTE

that's not the issue in the op .. read carefully ..

personally while I don't agree with it, I don't really give a crap how anyone decides to live their lives as long as a) they don't try to force their views on me and b) they don't cause me any harm .. other than those two things, have at it

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
    Nobody is saying that churches should be obligated to marry homosexual couples -- they shouldn't. But if two guys or gals want to get married at city hall....why the **** not?

To deny marriage rights under the law and all that entails to two people just because people are "offended" is ridiculous.

Just remember that it was only 45 years ago that it was illegal to marry someone outside of your own race in the United States of America.

Relevant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cycXuYzmzNg
    I don't disagree with what you're saying. I just don't think marriages should be recognized by the government. The whole idea of marriage is stupid to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    I don't disagree with what you're saying. I just don't think marriages should be recognized by the government. The whole idea of marriage is stupid to me.
    what's stupid about it ? .. marriage is the foundation for a family .. you think families are stupid ?