Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Dwight Howard cant ever be considered better than Kobe, Rose or Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    His blocks are down and so is his scoring, but I am sure he will pick it up. He's a one man wrecking crew for that team. His second best player is Ryan Anderson.
    whats wrong with ryan anderson? he also has turkoglu and jason richardson. hardly a shitty cast.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Dwight Howard cant ever be considered better than Kobe, Rose or Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by brisbaneman
    Dirk made the nba finals OUT WEST at 28, also made the WCF at 25. so he's pretty far ahead of howard.
    Dwight made the finals at 23, and has been to two ECF. His teammates have been far worse too.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Well what's your answer man, yes or no ?

Banned

His blocks are down and so is his scoring, but I am sure he will pick it up. He's a one man wrecking crew for that team. His second best player is Ryan Anderson.
    Well like I said, so far in this season Rose has been better than Howard. I am not sure if there is anything to dispute otherwise. Rose isn't necessarily more valuable than Howard though but Lebron isn't more valuable than Howard either. Part of me believes that it is because Howard doesn't play on a great team but the other part of me believes that Howard just doesn't know how to make his teammates better and integrate them as well as Rose and Lebron do.

Quote Originally Posted by brisbaneman
    it's not just offense, it's the total package. Dirk makes everyone better. Dwight doesn't. every time someone runs a pick and roll with dirk it's an unofficial assist. and also while howard is a far better team defender their man defense is a lot closer than you/the media want to think it is.
    To sum it up, we should look at it this way:

Offense: Dirk>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dwight
    Defense: Dwight>>>>>>>>>>>Dirk

Banned

Dwight made the finals at 23, and has been to two ECF. His teammates have been far worse too.
    Not relatively. You have to cumpare who they went up against. The Magic basically beat one good team (Cavs) in those runs and got crushed in the Finals against the Lakers and vs the celtics.

also, rashard lewis/turkoglu/the other guys in that Finals run were an excellent supporting cast. Turkoglu was money for them all season long.
    Last edited by brisbaneman; 01-28-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade316

You could add basically anyone to Dirk and he gets you 50 wins in the West and contention for a ring. Dwight howard needs a superstar to get a ring. and as mentioned, team defense is far more replaceable than what Dirks gives you.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    He's not a great leader but come on, he's carried a team to the finals and has had to put up with shit supporting casts his whole career. It's not like Derrick Rose is some great leader either, I mean hell the guy can barely talk.

Honestly I'm kind of sick of hearing about how Dwight is quitting on the Magic. The guy had 28/16 last night, and no one else on the team had over 10 points. What part of that says that Dwight is quitting on the team? If anything it seems like they're quitting on him.

Who is the second best player on that team? Ryan Anderson? Dwight's never even had an all-star caliber player playing alongside him, how can you expect him to rack up the championships?
    Can the church say amen?

Decent college freshman

I take Dirk 10/10 over Dwight. Dirk is great, a real star, not a fake media hype machine star. Monster scorer who could take over a game and make his teammates better. Sooooo impressive last year in the playoffs. He's really not a particularly bad rebounder or defender, it's just where he plays on the court that affects his rebounding.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by knickswin
    I take Dirk 10/10 over Dwight. Dirk is great, a real star, not a fake media hype machine star. Monster scorer who could take over a game and make his teammates better. Sooooo impressive last year in the playoffs. He's really not a particularly bad rebounder or defender, it's just where he plays on the court that affects his rebounding.
    THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Well like I said, so far in this season Rose has been better than Howard. I am not sure if there is anything to dispute otherwise. Rose isn't necessarily more valuable than Howard though but Lebron isn't more valuable than Howard either. Part of me believes that it is because Howard doesn't play on a great team but the other part of me believes that Howard just doesn't know how to make his teammates better and integrate them as well as Rose and Lebron do.
    Bulls have had absolutely no problem winning when Rose was out, so I don't know what makes you think Rose has contributed so much and Howard hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade316

Over their careers, Dirk has scored 4 more ppg than Dwight. Meanwhile Dwight is the reigning 3 time DMVP. Dirk has never even made 1 All Defense Team in his career.

Banned

Bulls have had absolutely no problem winning when Rose was out, so I don't know what makes you think Rose has contributed so much and Howard hasn't.
    Do you know how to read or did you even bother to read what I posted? I just said Rose is probably less valuable than Howard but Rose has been better.

Do you understand the difference being more valuable and better? LeBron is not more valuable than Howard, but is he better? According to like 90% of NBA fans, yes he is. LeBron is probably not even more valuable than Rose, yet I can guaranteee you about 99% of NBA fans believe LeBron is better than Rose.

Being more valuable has more to do with how shitty your team is and being better has to do with being better.

Banned

Over their careers, Dirk has scored 4 more ppg than Dwight. Meanwhile Dwight is the reigning 3 time DMVP. Dirk has never even made 1 All Defense Team in his career.
    You have to look beyond statistics. When Howard scores it's often at a detriment to his team. when dirk scores it's almost always in the flow of offense. You can't really say howard makes anyone better whereas dirk has managed to make all sorts of guys look great despite a revolving supporting cast over his career in a far tougher West,.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Well what's your answer man, yes or no ?
    Dwight. Dirk is ridiculously overrated on ISH, and most of this board acts like he was in his prime last year anyways.