Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    The Brooklyn Brawler. BrooklynZoo's Avatar

Default Re: any watch heads here?

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [COLOR="Navy"]I used to be a watch head but I would never suggest anyone to get a Seiko not that its a bad watch or anything.

It would depend on the purpose of your watch and what styled do you rock.

I have/like Techno Marine ($1000 or less they have nice ones in the $500 range)Hugo Boss ($500 less).

Personally dont try to get anything/brand that would be to common. Seiko, Citizen, Movado, Guess etc blah blah blah.... [/COLOR]
    Good advice, i would try to stay away from an everyday brand like Seiko, but i did a search on gold watches and thats the one that looked good to me. Through my research however, Seiko is actually a very respected brand on the forums as theyre known as very well made, long lasting watches and have real high end models. The problem is they also have a lot of low end models as their range is from low end to high. i could see snobs looking down at the brand as a whole though (unless of course u had one of the high end models).

I also think id stay away from watches from companys like Hugo Boss since theyre predominently a clothing company and just put their name on a watch to boost the price

The Brooklyn Brawler. BrooklynZoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsic
    The watch in the OP will give an impression that you didn't want to spend that much money for an expensive looking watch. That's what I meant by a retirement gift.

I wouldn't recommend a Burberry. For one thing, that picture has a similar profile to a g-shock. Another, it's a Fossil watch with the Burberry brand stamped on it. The Seiko is a better built watch for half the price if those are your choices.

InspiredLebowski made a good recommendation. A leather band with a simple face will give you a more grown up look, and you won't have to spend even $100 for it. You could start with that and save up to buy something which better fits what you're looking for.

i guess youre saying the watch looks cheap, but i actually like the physical look of that watch. im into the simple looking watches, not the ones with all the hands and all the mechanics out in the open. Ill pass on the leather bands as i wouldnt wanna deal with the cracking etc

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
    I also think id stay away from watches from companys like Hugo Boss since theyre predominently a clothing company and just put their name on a watch to boost the price
    I agree. The only reason mine is a Hugo Boss, is because it was a gift from my GF. Combined with the style I wanted and the price tag, I can't complain at all, but I personally, would not buy a watch from a clothing company, e.g. Boss, Gucci, Armani.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

i dont wear watches but im lookin into gettin one, but dont know much about em or whats good. i was looking for a gold watch with a gold face and came across the one below. It is a Seiko SGF206 quartz watch. List price is around $270 but it can be bought for under 200. Is this watch worth getting? Im only getting it for the look as I dont really need a watch to tell time. is it gonna look gaudy or tacky or cheap to someone whos into watches? is Seiko a "cheap" company? im asking those who are into the more grown up watches, not G-shocks etc (no disrespect to those that wear em just not what im looking for). what do you think?

I had this EXACT same watch in high school...back when gold was popular and platnum not in yet...along with my gold nugget braclet and 3 gold chains lol...and a gold hoop ear ring

that was like 1993 lol

that watch is NOT cool any more...I stopped wearing mine back in the 90s.

Gold in general is just not in style any more...perhaps it will make a com back though

Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

i guess youre saying the watch looks cheap,
    Yeah, I guess I was. Sorry about that. I went a little out of line to tear down the piece in the OP (In my defense, I did say I preferred it to more expensive Burberry watches) It's not my personal style.
    but i actually like the physical look of that watch.
    This is what matters most. If you like the way it looks, and you have the money to spend, go for it.

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Tony Soprano endorses that style of watch....[/COLOR]

Made that high school varsity squad DwadeOverLebron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Tony Soprano endorses that style of watch....[/COLOR]

Rolex day-date

WAYY over priced for what you get. They advertise themselves as the watch with the most parts, and the most intricate movement complication. And the avg person are wooed and ahhed by this. But the truth of the matter is the more parts the more prone to one of those parts malfunctioning. OVERRATED!

Just bought my first watch, should be coming in the mail today.

https://youtu.be/hlq_dZ3LBFg

Orient Bambino version 3 gen 2

Won't be buying any of these but they're nice to look at

https://youtu.be/SUqtWGtFPdk

Considering buying the Orient Stella also, it'll go perfectly with my brown leather belt, and brown leather shoes. But it might be a bit too thick

https://www.orientwatchusa.com/colle.../ra-ag0024s10a

Orient watches are great, bought the Helios for my dad's birthday and he loves it.

Since I work 80% of the time and 20% of the other time I'm out, I daily my apple watch. It's became a part of my outfit and feel naked without it. I used to wear and like watches other than that but I wouldn't go all out anymore since.

I wouldn't spend more than $1200 on a nice watch and anything close to it would last me forever. Maybe when I have more money to **** with but I can't wear too fancy shit for my job. I service young adults in poverty pretty much I can't over do my looks or I'll lose points.

A nice affordable simple watch for going out is decent for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Orient watches are great, bought the Helios for my dad's birthday and he loves it.
    Looked it up that's a really nice watch, good choice! When I buy another I'll be debating getting that or a Seiko now. Have any yourself, or was just your father a watch guy?
    Last edited by jongib369; 02-18-2019 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Since I work 80% of the time and 20% of the other time I'm out, I daily my apple watch. It's became a part of my outfit and feel naked without it. I used to wear and like watches other than that but I wouldn't go all out anymore since.

I wouldn't spend more than $1200 on a nice watch and anything close to it would last me forever. Maybe when I have more money to **** with but I can't wear too fancy shit for my job. I service young adults in poverty pretty much I can't over do my looks or I'll lose points.

A nice affordable simple watch for going out is decent for me.
    What kind of watches have you had in the past? Unless you didn't sell them. Also what do you have atm?

Not a watch snob I know too little to be one. I know some of the reputable brands with "lineage". But even the cheaper quality ones that are just looks can be neat too. People who don't know a thing about watches won't give a shit either way unless it's a Rolex

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    Looked it up that's a really nice watch, good choice! When I buy another I'll be debating getting that or a Steiko now. Have any yourself, or was just your father a watch guy?
    I have had a few Fossils and Seikos but my dad is into watches, he's the old school gentleman type who never goes anywhere without looking proper.

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    What kind of watches have you had in the past? Unless you didn't sell them. Also what do you have atm?

Not a watch snob I know too little to be one. I know some of the reputable brands with "lineage". But even the cheaper quality ones that are just looks can be neat too. People who don't know a thing about watches won't give a shit either way unless it's a Rolex
    I'll take a photo of the ones I have and post it.

They're nice I always got complements on my watches by people all the time and they highlighted me for it but other people may have different taste.

I wouldn't mind getting sub $200 watches again