Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    I usually hit open layups mountainmamba's Avatar

Default Woj: Lakers in talks for Ramon Sessions

According to woj:

The Los Angeles Lakers have talked with the Cleveland Cavaliers about possibly acquiring guard Ramon Sessions, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

No deal is imminent, but the Lakers view Sessions as a candidate who could help their depleted backcourt.
    full article
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...ers_nba_013012

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Woj: Lakers in talks for Ramon Sessions

Would be a huge upgrade and add a young piece for the Lakers going forward. I believe Ramon is only 25. I think Lakers would be very smart going after a capable player like this who's value is lower right now (due to Kyrie). What can Lakers offer though that Cleveland wants to rebuild?

Go for it

Its quite sad to realize that almost any trade works for the Lakers at this point

This should be good. Ramon has shown signs of being a relatively decent play-maker (averaged over 5 apg twice in his short career so far) with limited starting time. If given a full starting role, I'm sure he could easily average 7-10 apg, especially if it means Kobe is able to set himself up for shots, instead of making plays for everyone else.
    Add in Pau Gasol's recent aggressive play (only two games, but at least he's trying, right?) and Andrew Bynum being a threat in the post for every team that doesn't have Dwight Howard, the Lakers will definitely be looking at a better, deeper roster.

Dan won't help lakers... See sterns inbox

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    This should be good. Ramon has shown signs of being a relatively decent play-maker (averaged over 5 apg twice in his short career so far) with limited starting time. If given a full starting role, I'm sure he could easily average 7-10 apg, especially if it means Kobe is able to set himself up for shots, instead of making plays for everyone else.
    Add in Pau Gasol's recent aggressive play (only two games, but at least he's trying, right?) and Andrew Bynum being a threat in the post for every team that doesn't have Dwight Howard, the Lakers will definitely be looking at a better, deeper roster.
    He's not going that high on assists man. He's not a pass first PG. I think with the Lakers 13 ppg, 5-6 apg wouldn't be unrealistic at all for him though as the starter. Which as I said would be a massive upgrade over Fisher (not that it's saying much).

Would be a great addition

Guessing it would be for picks...

Sessions is a great pick and roll point guard. Had 20+ assist game once.

He'd be a great pairing with (gasp) Dwight Howard.

Who or what are you willing to give up Lakers fans? I would be willing to let him walk for a first rounder but not a second rounder. Looking at your roster, I would not want Fish, Luke or Blake, and I am guessing that is who you would offer first. Artest works according to trade machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    He's not going that high on assists man. He's not a pass first PG. I think with the Lakers 13 ppg, 5-6 apg wouldn't be unrealistic at all for him though as the starter. Which as I said would be a massive upgrade over Fisher (not that it's saying much).
    He absolutely is a pass first point guard. When he finally started getting minutes at the end of his Rookie season and STARTING (last nine games of the season), this is what he did assists wise:

8, 7, 10, 7, 10, 14, 13, 24, 14

Yes, 24.

The dude is a baller, but keeps getting picked up by teams who already have a starter. Hell, the last game of the season his rookie year he played all 53 minutes of an overtime game, and netted 25, 14, 7 rebs, 3 steals, 3 TO, on 65% shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    Who or what are you willing to give up Lakers fans? I would be willing to let him walk for a first rounder but not a second rounder. Looking at your roster, I would not want Fish, Luke or Blake, and I am guessing that is who you would offer first. Artest works according to trade machine.
    If anything it would be picks, doubt player wise there would much interest from cavs side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    He absolutely is a pass first point guard. When he finally started getting minutes at the end of his Rookie season and STARTING (last nine games of the season), this is what he did assists wise:

8, 7, 10, 7, 10, 14, 13, 24, 14

Yes, 24.

The dude is a baller, but keeps getting picked up by teams who already have a starter. Hell, the last game of the season his rookie year he played all 53 minutes of an overtime game, and netted 25, 14, 7 rebs, 3 steals, 3 TO, on 65% shooting.
    When I've watched him he seems to be unselfish but he's also looking to score first. I wasn't trying to imply he can't pass. I just do not see him getting up to 7-10 assists a game. Especially because Kobe wants to handle the ball so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    When I've watched him he seems to be unselfish but he's also looking to score first. I wasn't trying to imply he can't pass. I just do not see him getting up to 7-10 assists a game. Especially because Kobe wants to handle the ball so much.
    I don't think he could get that many assists on the Lakers, no, but he's shown he's capable of doing so.

Banned

i was wondering this the other day watching the Cav's. I mean Sessions could be a star PG in the league, he could have been years ago, but he keeps endiing up in these situations where he has to play backup to some other young picks, even tho he's better than most of them at the time.

Sessions would be a steal for the Lakers, true value pick up if they can pull it off. probably the best value undeerrated PG in the league to trade for that i can think of...