Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Greatest growth spurts of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by iDunk
    Wait so when do you legit stop growing? I'm 18 and 6'2 so I'm just wondering if there's still some growing left?

Quote Originally Posted by iDunk
    Wait so when do you legit stop growing? I'm 18 and 6'2 so I'm just wondering if there's still some growing left?
    It's possible you could still grow some. Most folks are done by 18.
    I knew a kid who was 6ft in 4th grade, but topped out at 6'4"

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    I don't think any of these NBA players used HGH. They just have freakish genetics.

I know 2 kids who had HGH treatment when they were teenagers. They are both seriously uncoordinated and just look goofy as hell. I think your brain knows how tall you are supposed to be, and when you go messing with that you lose coordination and athleticism. Your brain also knows how much you are supposed to weigh, both of these guys are really scrawny. Also their arms/legs grew more than their bodies.

I knew one of them before he did it. One kid went from like 5'4-5'5 to around 6'3.

I wish I was that tall, but I wouldn't trade my athleticism and coordination for it.
    My nephew used to use HGH. The men in my side of the family are about 6ft and his mom's side were about 6'2" and he stopped growing around age 5 and went from like top 10% in height for his age to like bottom 10%. I don't think he's uncoordinated, though he's a hockey player not a basketball player, but he's good enough to be in a competitive league.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    David Robinson - 5'9 his junior year of high school and 6'7 his senior year and then 7'0 in College.
    I think Robinson must have been 6'6 his first year in college, because I believe that is the tallest you could be to be in a submarine and that is what he was trained for. When he grew past that the Navy was willing to waive his military requirement, but he chose to serve anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Right before he got drafted out of highschool he was 6'9" and he was even listed as that in the old NBA Live games. He's probably 6'11" or 7'0" in shoes.
    Garnett was measured at 6'11" barefoot at the pre draft camp.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

I think Robinson must have been 6'6 his first year in college, because I believe that is the tallest you could be to be in a submarine and that is what he was trained for. When he grew past that the Navy was willing to waive his military requirement, but he chose to serve anyway.
    Yeah I think he was 6'6" and by his sophomore year he was 7'1" and on everyone's radar. He had a chance to transfer to get out of the military commitment but stayed. Still only had to serve 2 years instead of 6 with time off for the World Championships and the Olympics.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore yanix's Avatar

John Leuer of Milwaukee Bucks played guard at HS, had 10 growth spurts before his senior year