Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: List of team JR Smith says he's interested in

God, if Smith signed with us.... I might just cry a little.

Martin and potentially Smith on this team makes me feel things I haven't felt in a while.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Clippers don't even have a legit 2-guard. Clippers should take him if they get the chance. Smith would probably elevate them into a legit contender and maybe even the favorites out West.

I feel like a lot of people don't know how good Smith is.
    I've watched him countless times. He's an INCREDIBLY gifted player. If his attitude and work ethic was right he could be a superstar in this league. Problem is... the dude brings drama wherever he goes. We have a very close group of guys who spend a ton of time together off the court and on the court. It's a risk to bring an unpredictable personality into the picture like him.

Maybe since we have Kenyon and Billups, his ex teammates.. they will be able to control him.

The Knicks need a shooting guard badly. As long as Carmelo wants him there, then that's a great fit. If the Knicks actually get Baron Davis on the court, they finally have a solid starting 5, with Shumpert more suited to being a sixth man in his rookie season.

The Lakers would also be a good fit, as Kobe can handle his knuckleheadness.

That said, he may come back a more mature person having spent time overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    There's nothing to keep in check. Smith isn't going to sign with the Clippers and destroy team chemistry, jack up shots, play no defense, and complain about his role. That's not his style at all. The only reason he's got a bad reputation is because he used to be an idiot and he played on the Nuggets.

Smith would make your team exponentially better. He's a deadly outside shooter, one of the best athletes in the league, an underrated passer, and a solid defender. He would spread the floor and make life easier for Paul and Griffin. I would argue that he'd impact the game more so than Butler or Billups does right now.
    I'll take your word for it. He would really have to buy into a team first concept though. Do you guys think already having 2 of his recent ex teammates on the team would help lure him?

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Jr Smith: "I wonder what I'd look like in red white and blue?".

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THE CLIPPERS. Unless the leaders on our team can keep his as* in check and he accepts a bench role.. we don't need him.
    To be fair, during the CP3 trade talks you also said you didn't want him on the Clippers because he was acting like a drama queen. We both know how well that's working out.

Local High School Star

He's a cancer. So I guess that means he'd be a perfect fit for the Knicks?

Magic Johnson

I'll take your word for it. He would really have to buy into a team first concept though. Do you guys think already having 2 of his recent ex teammates on the team would help lure him?
    He'll buy into the team concept. He's never been a selfish player.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    To be fair, during the CP3 trade talks you also said you didn't want him on the Clippers because he was acting like a drama queen. We both know how well that's working out.
    touche. Maybe he will convince me otherwise. I just get worried man. For the first time in Clippers history (and my 13 years as a fan) they have a team that can REALLY win a ring in the next couple years and change the culture. If we get too many hot heads or trouble makers I feel like we will ruin the chemistry and joy around here.

You can tell our guys LOVE playing together and are incredibly happy here. I wouldn't want one guy messing that up.

Magic Johnson

touche. Maybe he will convince me otherwise. I just get worried man. For the first time in Clippers history (and my 13 years as a fan) they have a team that can REALLY win a ring in the next couple years and change the culture. If we get too many hot heads or trouble makers I feel like we will ruin the chemistry and joy around here.

You can tell our guys LOVE playing together and are incredibly happy here. I wouldn't want one guy messing that up.
    Smith isn't a hot head or trouble maker anymore. He's cut contact with a lot of people of questionable character, and his on-the-court issues are more of a reflection of George Karl's coaching IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Smith isn't a hot head or trouble maker anymore. He's cut contact with a lot of people of questionable character, and his on-the-court issues are more of a reflection of George Karl's coaching IMO.
    George is known to rile up his players. Okay you have convinced me. SIGN Jr Smith! LOL. Seriously though I thought he said he doesn't want the mini mid of 2.5 mill from Knicks? So would he take that same amount from Clippers?

O-Qua Tangin Wann

Chauncey, J.R. and K-Mart back on the same team would be.. interesting

I've watched him countless times. He's an INCREDIBLY gifted player. If his attitude and work ethic was right he could be a superstar in this league. Problem is... the dude brings drama wherever he goes. We have a very close group of guys who spend a ton of time together off the court and on the court. It's a risk to bring an unpredictable personality into the picture like him.

Maybe since we have Kenyon and Billups, his ex teammates.. they will be able to control him.
    yea, because JR doesn't work hard. He just woke up one day and became one of the best shooting in the league. Cool Story.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    yea, because JR doesn't work hard. He just woke up one day and became one of the best shooting in the league. Cool Story.
    The fact that he's as gifted as he is... yet has never become the all star he has the tools to become.. tells me he doesn't have the right kind of work ethic. Or maybe it was a fluke and he just needs the right opportunity. Time will tell.

Magic Johnson

George is known to rile up his players. Okay you have convinced me. SIGN Jr Smith! LOL. Seriously though I thought he said he doesn't want the mini mid of 2.5 mill from Knicks? So would he take that same amount from Clippers?
    I hope he doesn't. Hopefully he "takes the money" and signs with LA, assuming we can offer him more than you guys (doubtful).

I actually think Smith at point guard is very intriguing. He's that good of a facilitator.

I think he'd be a huge pickup for the Thunder. They would have two deadly shooting guards in Harden and Smith, either of which could start or come off the bench. Move Sefolasha to the bench and play him behind Durant. I think that's a deadly team right there.