Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: World War III. USA, UK, Israel vs China, Russia, Iran. Who wins?

I can't believe that this is even being debated.

I mean, I understand the real cost of war and this isn't a video game or a sporting event, but if you are going to make a thread like this with a question of "who wins," the answer is so simple that it isn't even worth discussing.

People really need to understand that our military takes great pains to keep civilian casualties low because it would upset the rest of the world and a lot of our own population, which is paying for the war with our tax dollars.

Civilian death in Iraq and Afghanistan still happens quite a bit, but it isn't for a lack of trying to keep it down.

In a war like this wherein our country would be decimated if we lost and the US was really forced to unleash the military without concern of civilian casualties or backlash...

You would see countries literally flattened and it doesn't even necessarily have to be done with nuclear weapons.

Then, you think about what it would take for a country to have a real military campaign in the United States and the difficulty that our defense systems as well as natural boundaries present?

This would not be a fair fight. Throw in two very competent military units in the UK and Israel?

I mean, come on people...

This isn't the 1700s anymore where battles are won by whichever side has more troops and you just line them up face-to-face and fire at one another. The size of the military takes a backseat to the technology, strategy, competency and available assets.

Our military industrial complex is absolutely massive... awe-inspiring. And this is coming from a person that would love to see the defense budget cut in half.

Reagan began building a completely out-of-control defense in an effort to lure the Soviet Union into a spending contest and, as a result, to totally bankrupt them. That was in the early 1980s and it worked. The USSR collapsed.

However, the second part of Reagan's plan was to slash the defense spending once the Soviet Union crumbled. It never happened and, in fact, that spending continued to increase over the ensuing 30 years. What we put into our defense is absolutely and completely insane. It can't be defended by any rational human being.

If you total up all of the money that all of the world spends on defense, the US encompasses 43-percent of the world's defense spending. China accounts for exactly 7.3-percent, while Russia is at 3.5-percent and Iran isn't even above 1-percent.

Throw in the UK at 3.7-percent and Israel, who has probably the second best Air Force in the world behind only the US...

Then throw in things like number of military bases and the vast amount of area that the US side would be able to use to set up invasions as opposed to the other side...

This is not debatable.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    You can throw all the military budget shit out the window, because it doesn't really matter in a long term war where the whole economy would be put towards the effort by every nation.
    I think the point that you are missing is that we've had a military budget that is equal to about the next 19 nations combined for the last 25 years (since the collapse of the USSR).

This isn't about what the budgets will be once the war starts. It is about what those 25 years of building a military with this absolutely ridiculous spending has ALREADY done to America's military in contrast to the rest of the world.

Think about what kind of stockpiles and technology and training, etc. that amount of money for that amount of time brings.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I can't believe that this is even being debated.

I mean, I understand the real cost of war and this isn't a video game or a sporting event, but if you are going to make a thread like this with a question of "who wins," the answer is so simple that it isn't even worth discussing.

People really need to understand that our military takes great pains to keep civilian casualties low because it would upset the rest of the world and a lot of our own population, which is paying for the war with our tax dollars.

Civilian death in Iraq and Afghanistan still happens quite a bit, but it isn't for a lack of trying to keep it down.

In a war like this wherein our country would be decimated if we lost and the US was really forced to unleash the military without concern of civilian casualties or backlash...

You would see countries literally flattened and it doesn't even necessarily have to be done with nuclear weapons.

Then, you think about what it would take for a country to have a real military campaign in the United States and the difficulty that our defense systems as well as natural boundaries present?

This would not be a fair fight. Throw in two very competent military units in the UK and Israel?

I mean, come on people...

This isn't the 1700s anymore where battles are won by whichever side has more troops and you just line them up face-to-face and fire at one another. The size of the military takes a backseat to the technology, strategy, competency and available assets.

Our military industrial complex is absolutely massive... awe-inspiring. And this is coming from a person that would love to see the defense budget cut in half.

Reagan began building a completely out-of-control defense in an effort to lure the Soviet Union into a spending contest and, as a result, to totally bankrupt them. That was in the early 1980s and it worked. The USSR collapsed.

However, the second part of Reagan's plan was to slash the defense spending once the Soviet Union crumbled. It never happened and, in fact, that spending continued to increase over the ensuing 30 years. What we put into our defense is absolutely and completely insane. It can't be defended by any rational human being.

If you total up all of the money that all of the world spends on defense, the US encompasses 43-percent of the world's defense spending. China accounts for exactly 7.3-percent, while Russia is at 3.5-percent and Iran isn't even above 1-percent.

Throw in the UK at 3.7-percent and Israel, who has probably the second best Air Force in the world behind only the US...

Then throw in things like number of military bases and the vast amount of area that the US side would be able to use to set up invasions as opposed to the other side...

This is not debatable.

This is a good example why banks and defense corps are the only true winners and not any nation or it's people. With that kind of money being spent and lent it should be fairly obvious to anyone with common sense that WWIII would just be business as usual.
    Last edited by Norcaliblunt; 02-08-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Jan95
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I just know, that common people would not win.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Jan95
    I just know, that common people would not win.
    They never have and never will.

NBA rookie of the year

Do we get Germany too? They make some cool shit.

And as expected the thread turned into a pissing contest

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    US would wipe the floor...

Gimme these US weapons and i will kill em all myself...

FOR INFANTRY ACTION:

CheyTac M200 sniper rifle:

.44/.50 cal Raging Bull:

FOR AA DEFENSE/OFFENSE

USS Essex Turret/Cannon:

M6 Bradley Linebacker:

FOR ANTI-TANK AND NUCLEAR BOMB DROPPING

A-10 Warthog::

B2 Bomber:

FOR JET/DOGFIGHTING

F22 Raptor:

F16 Hornet:

The US would win. Our millitary has actually battle tested our toys whereas other countries are just collecting as a deterrent. China has fought wars recently against whom? Everything is theoretical.

That said i'm not anxious to see it in action.

National High School Star

Why do people still talk about nuclear technology.

That is some 70 year old shit your talking about...The current weapons would make the nuclear bomb look like ants.

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

US has superior technology.

That being said, no one would win in the given scenario. It'd be too long and drawn out of a war.

I'd say if WWIII happens, it'd be 50-100 years into the future and would consist mostly of NATO+Allies vs. N. Korea and/or Iran with several theaters in Asia (Philippines, Burma), Africa, and the Mid-East (Iraq and possibly, Syria). China and Russia would have to be distanced enough that they wouldn't be interested in backing up these countries.

Otherwise, superpower vs. superpower is a waste of resources.

코비=GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Why even list Israel? They don't matter at all.
    How do you know? Their nuclear program is one of the most secretive in the world.

코비=GOAT

We have 14 active Ohio class submarines capable of delivering 4032 nuclear warheads to anywhere in the world with no treaty reductions with virtual undectability until them being fired. That is just the navy part of our nuclear triad.
    Last edited by shlver; 04-10-2012 at 07:39 PM.

US ability to project power anywhere in the world is unmatched. Right away, that's a huge advantage. This also translates to essentially forcing these other countries to defend home turf...there's no way someone's landing an invasion force on US shores.

China's and Russia's advantages rest in pure manpower, but in terms of technology and training...I'll take the US and Israel's troops whether on land, air and sea.

Iran...lol. Unless they're using civilians as suicide bombers and fighting the war through proxy terrorist groups it finances, US troops will doing the cha-cha in Tehran within mere days of eliminating its tiny frigate Navy and taking Bandar Abbas.

The biggest question, as many have brought up already, is the nuclear question. That's a whoooole other discussion.

I think in terms of a conventional war being fought, Russia and China's losses would be enormous...but they're losses both countries are willing to take those losses and keep fighting. Would the US be willing to do the same? I'm not so sure our soft, incredibly weak citizens would be able to stomach it.
    Last edited by Derka; 04-10-2012 at 08:04 PM.

F*ck britian... U.S and Israel are two of the best armies in the world.

we would F*ck up anyone... we won world war 2 with one hand tied behind our back. do you know how much this country can do during war time? look at the transformation prior to pearl harbor and then during the war.

no nukes, we would win... alot of deaths because the asian countries have so much pride that five asians will kill themselves just to kill one american.

if an invading force ever even landed in the U.S. which is almost impossible... then they would still have to manuevuer throughout the territory. our country has so many different eliments. desert, mountain, forrest, fields, water...