Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: Nikola Pekovic is a stud

im glad they got rid of the rep system again. i got tired of certain clowns neg repping me just because i proved them wrong in a basketball debate.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    I had discussion with gabepizza about Pekovic and I said you could argue he is top 5 C in NBA , he didn't agree and said these guys are better

Do you think he is better than those guys and where would do rank him ?
    "Howard, Noah, Horford, Jefferson, Bosh, Chandler, Love, Gasol, Cousins, Lopez, Monroe, Vucevic, and Varejao to name a few."

Better than Pekovic right now? assuming his hip is fine of course:

Howard, yes
    Noah, yes
    Horford, no, not close
    Jefferson, maybe
    Bosh, at center? no, not close
    Chandler, no
    Love, at center? not close
    Gasol, assuming Marc? yes
    Cousins, LOL

he may have skill and size but that guy is like Walt Bellamy everybody called him Tinkerbell because his mentality got weak.

Lopez? either one is lulz
    Monroe, maybe
    Vucevic, wait about 5 years and we will see. This kid can go either way at this point.
    Varejao I would like to see more of

Now I call Howard the better center because even though Pekovic destroyed him last season in one game, Howard returned the favor. Howard doesn't have as good an offensive game but he's much better defender, and of course D12 offense is criminally underrated by ISH-tars.

Although I'm starting to think #14 is much better at D than I thought. There's a reason the Wolves stand 8th in the League in defense, and given the unceasing injuries, that is amazing. Reality is, they get beat like an old carpet on perimeter shooting. Did anyone see the Portland game the other night? Blazers made 16 3 pointers on like 65% shooting. Who does that?

Noah is at the top of the league right now too.

Anyhow, yeah Pekovic is lot better than people give him credit. I think it's because his style is so old school. But those old moves, properly executed, are 100% unstoppable as he shows night in, night out.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    "Howard, Noah, Horford, Jefferson, Bosh, Chandler, Love, Gasol, Cousins, Lopez, Monroe, Vucevic, and Varejao to name a few."

Howard, yes
    Noah, yes
    Horford, no, not close
    Jefferson, maybe
    Chandler, no
    Cousins, LOL

he may have skill and size but that guy is like Walt Bellamy everybody called him Tinkerbell because his mentality got weak.

Monroe, maybe
    Vucevic, wait about 5 years and we will see. This kid can go either way at this point.

Now I call Howard the better center because even though Pekovic destroyed him last season in one game, Howard returned the favor. Howard doesn't have as good an offensive game but he's much better defender, and of course D12 offense is criminally underrated by ISH-tars.

Although I'm starting to think #14 is much better at D than I thought. There's a reason the Wolves stand 8th in the League in defense, and given the unceasing injuries, that is amazing. Reality is, they get beat like an old carpet on perimeter shooting. Did anyone see the Portland game the other night? Blazers made 16 3 pointers on like 65% shooting. Who does that?

Anyhow, yeah Pekovic is lot better than people give him credit. I think it's because his style is so old school. But those old moves, properly executed, are 100% unstoppable as he shows night in, night out.
    I agree on the bolded part , the simple moves are the ones that are the best but people care more about flashy dunks or some unnecessary moves that make players look good even though they aren't as efficient .

I agree on the bolded part , the simple moves are the ones that are the best but people care more about flashy dunks or some unnecessary moves that make players look good even though they aren't as efficient .
    but not with the rest of my analyses of current NBA center standings?

Howard, yes
    Noah, yes
    Horford, no, not close
    Jefferson, maybe
    Chandler, no
    Cousins, LOL

Monroe, maybe

Chandler 13 and 10.5 on the 6th best team.
    Horford 16 and 10 on the 8th best team
    are not better than
    Pekovic 16 and 8 on the 18th best team?

Quote Originally Posted by gabepizza
    are not better than
    No, they aren't. You are talking about something else entirely.

Yeah Knicks have had to deal with Shumpert and Felton injuries. Is that in any way close to Timberwolves injury list of Rubio, Roy, Budinger, Lee out all season, Love's hand, and Josh Howard waived due to injury ?
    Those are not bench player real-old-trying-to-make-a-comeback-and-injured Sheed.
    That is the entire Minnesota starting roster except Pekovic. ok the question mark would be Budinger or Kirilenko but either way, that tells you your 6th man is also out for the season.

But leave out the entire injured starting team. We don't care that the Wolves have had to start every player on their roster this season except Amundson (well and 10 day contract Hayward, who's already expired and gladly gone) - look at what they do on the court. Pekovic is clearly the better center. The only thing he gives up is vertical and speed, but his strength easily overpowers all that.

But, I'll just turn your point right on its head this way - how are the Timberwolves playing .500 ball with all those guys out? Neither Chandler nor Horford can keep a team's heartbeat going. Clearly the Wolves should have been flatline long ago, and it's Pekovic and Kirilenko who have kept them competitive.
    Yes Alexey Shved has shown up in the league, but it remains to be seen if he can play physical ball.
    Compare that situation to Knicks it's not close.
    Horford is a fine center - to me, he's real underrated - but he's on a much better team due to all those Minnesota injuries.

Learning to shoot layups Partizan's Avatar

I don't get how anyone could claim that Chandler is better than Pekovic...
    Chandler was considered as a complete scrub by a majority of NBA fans for a long time, due to his complete lack of skill, and now he is considered as what? Top 5? Top3?

No, they aren't. You are talking about something else entirely.

Yeah Knicks have had to deal with Shumpert and Felton injuries. Is that in any way close to Timberwolves injury list of Rubio, Roy, Budinger, Lee out all season, Love's hand, and Josh Howard waived due to injury ?
    Those are not bench player real-old-trying-to-make-a-comeback-and-injured Sheed.
    That is the entire Minnesota starting roster except Pekovic. ok the question mark would be Budinger or Kirilenko but either way, that tells you your 6th man is also out for the season.

But leave out the entire injured starting team. We don't care that the Wolves have had to start every player on their roster this season except Amundson (well and 10 day contract Hayward, who's already expired and gladly gone) - look at what they do on the court. Pekovic is clearly the better center. The only thing he gives up is vertical and speed, but his strength easily overpowers all that.

But, I'll just turn your point right on its head this way - how are the Timberwolves playing .500 ball with all those guys out? Neither Chandler nor Horford can keep a team's heartbeat going. Clearly the Wolves should have been flatline long ago, and it's Pekovic and Kirilenko who have kept them competitive.
    Yes Alexey Shved has shown up in the league, but it remains to be seen if he can play physical ball.
    Compare that situation to Knicks it's not close.
    Horford is a fine center - to me, he's real underrated - but he's on a much better team due to all those Minnesota injuries.

Okay than riddle me this. If Pekovic is such a big part of his team and so important why does he have less rebounds than both Chandler and Horford? I feel for a center rebounds are the most important stat and both Chandler and Horford average 2 more per game and Horford puts up as many points as Pekovi.

Quote Originally Posted by Partizan
    Chandler was considered as a complete scrub by a majority of NBA fans for a long time, due to his complete lack of skill, and now he is considered as what? Top 5? Top3?
    He may not have offensive skills but he make up for that with defense, rebounding and finishing pick and rolls. There is a reason he was the starting center for and NBA champion and Olympic Champion, not to mention winning a World Championship gold medal and now averaging 13 and 10.5 on the 6th best team in the NBA (arguably the 2nd most important Knick). When Pekovic is the starter on an NBA champion and Olympic champion maybe we can start comparing them.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

are not better than
    Pekovic plays in the west.. Minny has ten times harder competition and schedule than the Knicks and hawks.

but not with the rest of my analyses of current NBA center standings?
    I agree about what Cs are better but I think he is better than those where you said maybe .

Vucevic will be great rebounder , a lot better than Pekovic , but he will never be dominant in the low post as Pekovic even if he becomes a better player . First time I watched Vucevic was last year when he played for Buducnost and in that game he had 20/20 game or was close to it and he had a couple of games like that ( not sure how many but I think it's 2 more ) until he went back to NBA so thats why I wasn't suprised to see him have some great games this season .
    He will be one of the best Cs in the game in 2 or 3 years there's no question about it ( it's interesting how Magic finds good Cs even now when there aren't that many of them ) but dominant players like Pekovic will outplay him when they meet .

Okay than riddle me this. If Pekovic is such a big part of his team and so important why does he have less rebounds than both Chandler and Horford? I feel for a center rebounds are the most important stat and both Chandler and Horford average 2 more per game and Horford puts up as many points as Pekovi.
    1. How many games have they missed? Pekovic had bone spur surgery in off season and missed 4 or 5 games and a couple more with hip, etc.
    2. Do either of them have Kevin Love on their team? K Love has been noted by a few people as a man who can get rebounds.
    3. Wolves have for the most part used Pekovic offensively for 12 to 14 minutes in the first half of games, and sparingly or not at all for the other 30+. He had 22 points in 21 minutes against Portland the other night, and while that was excellent that has by no means been his best performance. Horford may be able to reach those kinds of numbers but on offense Tyson Chandler can't even see Nikola's taillights.

I agree about what Cs are better but I think he is better than those where you said maybe .

Vucevic will be great rebounder , a lot better than Pekovic , but he will never be dominant in the low post as Pekovic even if he becomes a better player . First time I watched Vucevic was last year when he played for Buducnost and in that game he had 20/20 game or was close to it and he had a couple of games like that ( not sure how many but I think it's 2 more ) until he went back to NBA so thats why I wasn't suprised to see him have some great games this season .
    He will be one of the best Cs in the game in 2 or 3 years there's no question about it ( it's interesting how Magic finds good Cs even now when there aren't that many of them ) but dominant players like Pekovic will outplay him when they meet .
    Where #14 puts every one of those guys in the shade is boxing out and destroying the other team's paint offense. Look at points scored in paint for various teams.... it plummets when they play the T Wolves and that is due to that huge presence in the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Partizan
    Chandler is elite, a world class center.

1. How many games have they missed? Pekovic had bone spur surgery in off season and missed 4 or 5 games and a couple more with hip, etc.
    2. Do either of them have Kevin Love on their team? K Love has been noted by a few people as a man who can get rebounds.
    3. Wolves have for the most part used Pekovic offensively for 12 to 14 minutes in the first half of games, and sparingly or not at all for the other 30+. He had 22 points in 21 minutes against Portland the other night, and while that was excellent that has by no means been his best performance. Horford may be able to reach those kinds of numbers but on offense Tyson Chandler can't even see Nikola's taillights.
    You forgot to say most important thing about Pekovics rebounding , he boxes out so his teammates could pick up the ball he could have more rebounds but this way he is helping his team more .