Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Lin

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Jeremy Lin

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    D'Antoni + Stoudemire + Melo + Billups = 7-1 vs top teams last year.
    Proves my point. D'antoni wasn't the problem. Chauncey's biggest impact, and this goes back to Denver, was making sure Melo didn't **** things up.

We lost our PG, and instead of changing the system, coach tries to turn Douglas into a PG
    He also tried to run the offense through our (supposedly) best player's hands, but he obviously overestimated Melo's abilities. Not a lot of options after that.
    Last edited by Scoooter; 02-15-2012 at 06:00 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Melo has never been on a losing team in his life, even without Chauncey Billups. D'Antoni had no idea how to coach the team when it lacked a point guard.

He actually had the point guard, but chose not to play him until February. Another brain fart by the coach.

NBA rookie of the year

He played Lin well before February, and he was so bad they had to send him down to the D-League.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    He played Lin well before February, and he was so bad they had to send him down to the D-League.
    Are you seriously counting playing Lin when the game has already been decided as being noteworthy?

He had a few decent games in January. Should have at least gotten a few more looks, considering what we were throwing out there as a point guard. Lin's not a pure shooter, so D'Antoni never really liked him. He never even let him practice with Melo or Amare, and he was about a day away from being cut from the team.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    He had a few decent games in January. Should have at least gotten a few more looks, considering what we were throwing out there as a point guard. Lin's not a pure shooter, so D'Antoni never really liked him. He never even let him practice with Melo or Amare, and he was about a day away from being cut from the team.
    Lin had a few decent games after he got back from the D-league. And those were garbage minutes. The first time he really showed us anything was in the Celtics game, and he got major minutes the very next night. And then came the Linsanity.

As soon as D'antoni knew he had something, he made him the starter. D'antoni plays guys on merit.

Lin had a few decent games after he got back from the D-league. And those were garbage minutes. The first time he really showed us anything was in the Celtics game, and he got major minutes the very next night. And then came the Linsanity.

As soon as D'antoni knew he had something, he made him the starter. D'antoni plays guys on merit.
    He played 20 minutes against the Rockets, and had 9 points and 6 assists. The next game against the Pistons he got 6 minutes, despite it being a blow out, and a great opportunity to get him playing time. The next game after that against Chicago he got 0 minutes, and then against Boston he got 7 minutes. Then NJ, when he got 36 and Linsanity started.

NBA rookie of the year

And I imagine he's probably locked down the starter spot for the rest of the season.

And I imagine he's probably locked down the starter spot for the rest of the season.
    Unless D'Antoni wants to be fired.

NBA rookie of the year

That wouldn't surprise me.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    I agree with most of your statement except this. I don't know about where you live, but for the last decade, everywhere I've lived, the Knicks were a laughing stock...And I've lived in 3 different states in the last 10 years. NY, VA and MD (and I work in DC). That changed when we got Stat n Melo. That's gotta count for something right?
    [COLOR="Navy"]I dont think the Knicks became any less of a joke because even getting those guys it didnt translate into success.

Last night the Kings planned Lin better and he did his job. That impressed me. The faith in the team to pick it up when they tried to take him out the game. He's a very intelligent player. Terrible defender.[/COLOR]

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    Are you seriously counting playing Lin when the game has already been decided as being noteworthy?
    Of course. He was an undrafted player who had gotten waived twice before joining the Knicks after any semblance of a training camp or preseason had come and gone. Factor in the lack of practices NBA teams are dealing with this year, and garbage minutes are all anyone would have given him. And if you're getting garbage minutes, then you're going against the other teams scrubs, and you better show something. He showed us that he needed to go to the D-League. Then he came back from the D-League, performed well in garbage time, and eventually worked his way up to starter. What, you think D'antoni should have been starting him in December? LOL, I can't believe that I actually have to remind some of you people that hindsight is 20/20.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Rumor has it, it was Melo who asked that he get more playing time. Melo said immediately, he didnt wanna take credit for that...but he did say he "made the suggestion".

NBA rookie of the year

First good thing he's done as a Knick. [color=white]White text.[/color]

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Of course. He was an undrafted player who had gotten waived twice before joining the Knicks after any semblance of a training camp or preseason had come and gone. Factor in the lack of practices NBA teams are dealing with this year, and garbage minutes are all anyone would have given him. And if you're getting garbage minutes, then you're going against the other teams scrubs, and you better show something. He showed us that he needed to go to the D-League. Then he came back from the D-League, performed well in garbage time, and eventually worked his way up to starter. What, you think D'antoni should have been starting him in December? LOL, I can't believe that I actually have to remind some of you people that hindsight is 20/20.
    To be honest I would think that D'antoni would play a pg, regardless of who that pg is, but no, D'antoni declared Melo would be flirting with a triple double before the season even started, and that was with Billups on the team.

But I guess since he has the in game coaching skills of the waterboy, then I'm not surprised.

He only played Lin when he knew he was on the hot seat, and Melo confirmed he asked for Lin to play, and I just heard out of Lin's own mouth that Melo in fact do that.

So...I give D'antoni no credit for shit.

I'm only content to ride with him because Lin gives him credit, that's the only reason.