Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Lin

Default Re: Jeremy Lin

am i the only one that thinks melo will buy into it?

there were times this season, melo has tried really hard to move the ball around, but it always comes back to him, and then he tries to do what he does best...iso score, it wasnt his fault though and he plays to that strength but i also think he can play off ball well if there is someone capable to pass it to him, we shall see

but then there are times he tries to do hero ball against 3 opponents, and that because he probably didnt trust anyone else ending up taking the shot, or thought if it went out of his hands at a crucial moment, he probably wont get it back to make a shot.

melo, after watching these past games, seeing how good everyone can be, and how good he can be, seeing lin pass the rock to the best available option, all melo needs to do is be the open guy

that play where he pulled his muscle, lin passed to him on a wide open transition 3, which he easily turned into an aley to chandler, though injured.

you can spread the floor playing amare at center, melo at pf, novak at 3, fields at 2 and feature lin at the top

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redrich2000
    Would it work to shift the rotations so Melo plays more with the second unit? That we look for the pick and roll with Amare and Chandler when Lin is playing and rely on Melo when he comes out?

Ugh, that Melo trade is awful... Gallo would fit so much better with this team not to mention having Mozguv off the bench and Wilson Chandler as the 6th(assuming he never went to China) We also would have had the cap flexibility to go after a legit player(mayo?)

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    Ugh, that Melo trade is awful... Gallo would fit so much better with this team not to mention having Mozguv off the bench and Wilson Chandler as the 6th(assuming he never went to China) We also would have had the cap flexibility to go after a legit player(mayo?)
    melo trade is the reason we were able to pick up linsanity,
    otherwise or pg depth chart would of looked like this

felton,douglas,shumpert, bibby
    no room for picking lin off waivers

everything happens for a reason
    gallo/chandler/mozgov are all out atm
    (post trade) billups is out

we dodged all those injuries

linsanity is here

pieces are falling into place

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

He kinda got "figured out" in the 2nd half last night. I think if he develops a pull up jumper and a floater/ tear drop he'd be a beast. Woulda been great if we could have brought in Mark Jackson....oh wait

N can we STFU about Gallo. If he was here,we'd still be tryna make him a franchise player. We'd be at or around .500 and we'd probably be ousted in the 1st round.We HAD a decent pg when Gallo was here.

End of the day, the regular season stuff isn't impressive. We need D'Antoni to make things work with Melo and Amare. I don't care what kinda win streak we're on. We'll need them when the playoffs come. All the teams the so called analyst talk about come back down to earth in the playoffs. Why? Because you need stars and big time players to win rings. The only team to win a ring without an elite player in the last decade was the Pistons, and that was because the Lakers were feuding.

I love that we have a real pg.I'm buying into Linsane in the Membran too. I've been saying that was one of our biggest problems all year. BUT, let's not start feeling ourselves and start thinking we don't need Melo and Amare. Lin has been good for us but let's not forget how many games Melo won for us.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    I think he wanted to say that talent wins in the playoffs.

You can play team ball but in most cases you aren't going anywhere if you don't have a superstar on your team.

I like Melo but I'm more than willing to trade him if he shows that he won't play team ball.

If somehow both Melo and Amare could move the ball when they come back we would be a totally different and very dangerous team.
    Our defense is improved and what stopped us at the start of the season was ball movement.

If we can have 2 stars/superstars (call them what you want) AND move the ball we're going to be really good.
    Amare should be back against the Raptors on Tuesday,I can't wait to see how our offense will look like.
    [COLOR="Navy"]I do agree with that notion and I am not saying ISO cant work but it has to be extremely limited.

Melo and Stat must come back and fall in line with whats going on or get benched. They have to play both ends of the floor. hold the ball for 3 seconds make quicker decisions pass/shoot/attack the rim.

The Knicks wont win in the playoffs without Melo and Stat on board.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    melo trade is the reason we were able to pick up linsanity,
    otherwise or pg depth chart would of looked like this

felton,douglas,shumpert, bibby
    no room for picking lin off waivers

everything happens for a reason
    gallo/chandler/mozgov are all out atm
    (post trade) billups is out

we dodged all those injuries

linsanity is here

pieces are falling into place
    [COLOR="Navy"]Nope actually if Shump wasnt hurt earlier in the season the Knicks wouldnt have added him.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek

[COLOR="Navy"]Nope actually if Shump wasnt hurt earlier in the season the Knicks wouldnt have added him.[/COLOR]
    i was referring to the pple saying we shouldn't of traded for melo in the first place

also agree, if it wasn't for shump getting injured, we wouldn't of picked him up

Local High School Star The Ownage's Avatar

I just pray that Antoni keeps egos in check and doesn't start sucking up to Melo/Amare. If they start playing dumb ball bench their asses.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by The Ownage
    I just pray that Antoni keeps egos in check and doesn't start sucking up to Melo/Amare. If they start playing dumb ball bench their asses.
    [COLOR="Navy"]I really dont think he is going to have to. I think the locker room will police itself. Every player that has been interviewed has been sending the message to Melo and Stat its about the TEAM![/COLOR]

stat and lin are close, stat himself has been talking about buying in to the system for a while now, just needed a pg, now we have 1.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    To hell with it, this right here makes him MLE worthy in my book!

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Despite people calling him selfish and a ballhog Carmelo Anthony actually loves playing with quality PG's. Until he had a crazy growth spurt he was a scoring PG (EVERY PG from Baltimore plays exactly the same LOL) himself so he naturally sees the value in a PG.

Amar'e Stoudemire and Carmelo will be perfectly fine with having Jeremy Lin run the show.

The real problem for the team will be what it has been all season, how do they effectively space the floor and develop an offensive flow when Amar'e and Tyson Chandler are on the floor at the same time. That is an issue that can only get solved by the coaching staff.

Local High School Star The Ownage's Avatar

[COLOR="Navy"]I really dont think he is going to have to. I think the locker room will police itself. Every player that has been interviewed has been sending the message to Melo and Stat its about the TEAM![/COLOR]
    Yeah I honestly think Amare and Melo will fit in nicely with this team. People are doubting Melo but he's tried to become less "selfish" this year and I think by seeing what Lin has done he will know that he doesn't have the responsibility of having to take over the point forward role. Just good passing, mass scoring, rebounding and defense will be enough of a contribution rather than dictating the offense himself.

However, there will be times where we WILL be down by 10-15 points in a game or on a slight losing streak or whatever. That goes for any team. What I don't want is for them to panic and start chucking up dumb shots.

We'll see in good time but I'm just happy in general the direction we're heading in.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    What don't you get about the fact that Lin would never be here if we don't make that trade? Felton would be our starting PG, with Shumpert, Douglas, and Bibby as the back ups.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

That's true, but Felton would have been the starting PG, we would have had enough depth that we wouldn't need Lin. Lin was only brought on because Baron was hurt (who was supposed to be our starter), and we needed a quick fix to fill in the depth.

The Brooklyn Brawler. BrooklynZoo's Avatar

off topic but a week ago, who would have thought a lineup of

jared jeffries
    bill walker
    tyson chandler
    landry fields
    jeremy lin

would be 5-0