Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Krust Kingz

Default Re: The Decision: JR Smith

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    That explains why the only kid I saw you root hard for was Jeremy Lin lol
    So, out of curiosity, who DO you like? The only players I've seen you rave over are Lin and Azabuike. N we've both been posting for a while
    [COLOR="Navy"]I dont see why Knick fans here dont love Lin as much as I do.

This kid has improved this team in every phase of the game. Not any other player acquisition has affected the team this way (not so subtle hint!).

What player do I like, I love the Knicks. I hate bad basketball.

I am not a fan of other players from other teams in any sports but I respect skills. I personally dont like it when people are fans of multiple teams and fans of players from other teams. Old school that way.

Jr is a dangerous character for a team that lacks leadership and I do think that this team until Lin-Sanity lacked it. I hope this rejuvenated locker room can keep this big talent personality in check.

If thats the case he may be able to start here. I kinda think initially he will come off the bench but I have a sneaky suspicion they promised him the money and minutes.[/COLOR]

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

How about we see who plays better with who and award the starting spot to that player... the old fashioned way of doing things.

I honestly wish Balkman got more playing time. He played well in the preseason and in spot minutes. I think he does all the things people claim Jeffries does. He's also a pretty good finisher. I can't say I'll miss Balkman, and JR Smith is certainly an upgrade, but it woulda been nice to see him get his just due. Much rather see Bibby go who's proven he sucks now

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

JR Smith @TheRealJRSmith

New York Knicks It Is!

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    JR Smith @TheRealJRSmith

New York Knicks It Is!

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"]I dont like stupid players... [/COLOR]
    Who do you think wins.......

Tyson's leadership or JR's stupidity?

Default Re: The Decision: JR Smith is a New York Knick!!!

Awkward....

i think if the guys keeps they egos at the door, this can work

we have 5 guys who can score at any time, just with proper ball movement, we can find the open guy with teams trying to switch and double

I'm so excited.

J.R could be a difference maker if he fits in well.

I hope he and Melo will share the ball instead of chucking 30 shots per game and holding the ball for 20 seconds.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    I'm so excited.

J.R could be a difference maker if he fits in well.

I hope he and Melo will share the ball instead of chucking 30 shots per game and holding the ball for 20 seconds.
    Melo's # of shots are at his lowest level in the last 4 years.

Do you check stats or just go with what other people are saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Melo's # of shots are at his lowest level in the last 4 years.

Do you check stats or just go with what other people are saying?
    Yeah, I'm not getting that either.

Melo hasn't taken more shots since he's been here, but he has taken more threes, but that's due to the offense.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

This kid has improved this team in every phase of the game. Not any other player acquisition has affected the team this way (not so subtle hint!).
    Nobody hates Jeremy Lin. I just hate kneejerk comments. You know...kinda like this one. How exactly did Jeremy Lin improve EVERY aspect of the game? I think anyone would be foolish to hate on Lin. He's playing out of his mind. I just don't think blowing things out of proportion and declaring him "franchise saviour" is a pre-requisite to be a Knicks fan. Forgive me but I'd like to see a little more than 2 weeks of beating up on bad teams before I declare him an elite player.

Yeah, I'm not getting that either.

Melo hasn't taken more shots since he's been here, but he has taken more threes, but that's due to the offense
    Every year we search and search for our team's cancer because the media declares one player the Achilles' heel or malcontent.I finally realize what the problem is. The NY media is the Knicks Achilles Heel. They mirror what is going on in politics right now. Conservatives blaming Obama for things when the stats say the exact opposite. (ex "Obama wants to kill private sector jobs")

You got me wrong. Of course neither J.R.Smith or Melo will take 30 shots per game.

But there are times when both of them shoot too much.

I just wanted to say they need to play within a system.

I don't mind Melo taking 20 shots per game if he takes them in rhythm or in a few post up/isolations plays.
    But I don't want to see him holding the ball for 10 seconds and taking a tough shot.

Same thing with J.R.Smith. He takes a lot of dumb shots. Sometimes they go in but I want him to play smart and not chuck shots anytime he gets an opportunity to do so.

Check out my posts. I've been defending Melo since he got here.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    You got me wrong. Of course neither J.R.Smith or Melo will take 30 shots per game.

But there are times when both of them shoot too much.

I just wanted to say they need to play within a system.

I don't mind Melo taking 20 shots per game if he takes them in rhythm or in a few post up/isolations plays.
    But I don't want to see him holding the ball for 10 seconds and taking a tough shot.

Same thing with J.R.Smith. He takes a lot of dumb shots. Sometimes they go in but I want him to play smart and not chuck shots anytime he gets an opportunity to do so.

Check out my posts. I've been defending Melo since he got here.
    You'll be pulling your hair out, this system encourages shooting the ball when open.

When JR comes in he will have games when he will be firing away.

Which is probably why he's here, there are times when our guards won't take a shot, trying to look for a better one, only to contribute to an unnecessary turnover.

JR helps in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    You'll be pulling your hair out, this system encourages shooting the ball when open.

When JR comes in he will have games when he will be firing away.

Which is probably why he's here, there are times when our guards won't take a shot, trying to look for a better one, only to contribute to an unnecessary turnover.

JR helps in this regard.
    I encourage shooting the ball when wide open. I don't have any problems with that,especially because J.R.Smith is a good shooter.

But I don't want to take him contested threes in transition with 20 seconds left on the shot clock and I saw him doing that multiple times.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [COLOR="Navy"]I dont see why Knick fans here dont love Lin as much as I do.

What player do I like, I love the Knicks. I hate bad basketball.

I am not a fan of other players from other teams in any sports but I respect skills. I personally dont like it when people are fans of multiple teams and fans of players from other teams. Old school that way.

Jr is a dangerous character for a team that lacks leadership and I do think that this team until Lin-Sanity lacked it. I hope this rejuvenated locker room can keep this big talent personality in check.

If thats the case he may be able to start here. I kinda think initially he will come off the bench but I have a sneaky suspicion they promised him the money and minutes.[/COLOR]

What do you mean he has improved the team in every phase of the game? We still get outrebounded, and our 3 point shooting still stinks.

What he has done is made the team cut down on taking the bad long 2 pointers. He is attacking the rim and we are shooting a much higher percentage of good shots.