Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Default Re: This is why i am a vegan.

Randy is vegan?

you're such a massive c[COLOR="Black"]oc[/COLOR]k sucker to humans that I never would have guessed you gave a shit about animal life...

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

My GF is a vegaterian...not Vegan

I eat meat, she has no issues with that...

I too would pay extra for farm animals not torchered but their execution isn't torcher IMO...farm animals would not even exist if we didn't consume them. That is their purpose in life, that is why us humans created them...to eat.

Whenever i listen to vegans and hear their theories i simply link them up with this article that my high school math teacher once read in class:

http://berkeley.edu/news/media/relea...-14-1999a.html

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

hmm....They were always prey, they will always be prey. Good way to solve the philosophical debate.
    Pretty much every animal that exists in the wild is destined to be eaten. just a matter of when.

We create animals to eat instead of killing those in the wild(for the most part). But an animal that lives...is going to die and be eaten by something. be it the vultures and so on after a full life or being killed at 3 days old by a predator.

Everything that cant prevent its demise gets eaten...then those that manage to prevent it a long time...get eaten anyway.

Humans arent unusually cruel. Humans are one part of a very cruel world. The idea that because we are smart enough to find a way to live without doing what is in our nature....we shouldnt eat meat? Its just absurd to me.

Humanity isnt yet ready to help our fellow man. But we need to be worried about saving animals? Most people on this planet arent even in position to turn down food. Im not telling a family in the Amazon living off the river to not eat fish and dig for some gotdamn roots because they could probably still manage to live.

The vegan shit is cool with me...if they just shut up about it. do what you feel. I dont need to hear about it. until Star Trek life replicators exist to create meat from nothing the world will NEVER stop eating animals.

So what we could continue to exist? we could live without indoor plumbing, electricity and blowjobs too. But we arent gonna give them up. why would we? Because mining for the metals to allow indoor plumbing ruins the earth and electricity is often generated in ecosystem damaging ways(Dams especially)?

**** outta here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Pretty much every animal that exists in the wild is destined to be eaten. just a matter of when.

We create animals to eat instead of killing those in the wild(for the most part). But an animal that lives...is going to die and be eaten by something. be it the vultures and so on after a full life or being killed at 3 days old by a predator.

Everything that cant prevent its demise gets eaten...then those that manage to prevent it a long time...get eaten anyway.

Humans arent unusually cruel. Humans are one part of a very cruel world. The idea that because we are smart enough to find a way to live without doing what is in our nature....we shouldnt eat meat? Its just absurd to me.

Humanity isnt yet ready to help our fellow man. But we need to be worried about saving animals? Most people on this planet arent even in position to turn down food. Im not telling a family in the Amazon living off the river to not eat fish and dig for some gotdamn roots because they could probably still manage to live.

The vegan shit is cool with me...if they just shut up about it. do what you feel. I dont need to hear about it. until Star Trek life replicators exist to create meat from nothing the world will NEVER stop eating animals.

So what we could continue to exist? we could live without indoor plumbing, electricity and blowjobs too. But we arent gonna give them up. why would we? Because mining for the metals to allow indoor plumbing ruins the earth and electricity is often generated in ecosystem damaging ways(Dams especially)?

**** outta here.
    it is simply a matter of logic and hypocrisy or cruelty. I choose to be a hypocrite but I don't pretend to get around the whole thing because "it is absurd to me."

I am for unnecessarily inflicting pain on sentient beings because I think they taste good.

Introduction to Animal Rights: Your Child or the Dog?
    Gary L. Francione
    Temple University Press, 2000

you should check out this book. it goes into the issues you have brought up in depth. food for thought.
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 02-17-2012 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy
    You are wrong. 100% wrong. Our saliva has enzymes to break down carbohydrates. Our intestinal track is not designed for animal flesh, compare ours to a wolf or a bear or any animal that is actually a carnivore. Humans are built to be herbivores, fact.

And 2nd, pandas and apes have canine teeth, if you think canine teeth alone designate an animal a carnivore, you're an idiot.

And the "protein" you all worry about is a joke. Per calorie, broccoli and asparagus both have more than twice the protein of beef, not to mention nuts and legumes. I guarantee I eat more more protein than 80% of America's meat eaters, plus zero cholesterol or disgusting animal saturated fats
    You miss out on essential amino acids. I'm sure you can substitute protein with other shit, but there are essential nutrients in meat that work to strengthen your body.

3-time NBA All-Star

I bet those pigs will be f*cking delicious

Humans are built to be herbivores, fact.
    Saying the word "fact" doesnt make it one.

And even if you believe humans arent designed to eat meat....sure seems odd we were not designed to eat what we have since before we were even modern humans. What...cavemen were eating corn? The apes we evolved from ate meat. Australopithecus...the so called "missing link" ate meat. They have found bones cut with stone tools with the marrow dug out alongside them. What do you think they were doing with it? Making marrow figurines? Chimps eat meat. Orangutans eat meat.

We are omnivores. As are most things with teeth even somewhat similar to us. You watch them enough a lot of things people mention as vegetarians arent.

Hell you mentioned pandas......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6ctjcN33Gw

You think thats the first time a panda ate meat? Pandas like most things eat what is available and if they do it long enough and teach the younger generations long enough it becomes assumed thats all they can eat. But its rarely true. animals like us...and pandas...come fro ma common ancestor if you go back far enough. And that common ancestor ate meat.

Even cows have been caught eating chickens on farms when they have access to them. Pigs eat everything. Ive seen a hippo eat a zebra.

The idea that not eating meat is natural for animals like us is just ignoring reality.

Even many small monkeys that live in fruit trees will eat insects.

Koalas far as I know eat only the trees they live in but I strongly suspect that before they became koalas who ate only one thing they were something slightly different that ate what it had to.

Things that eat only vegetables do so because they can live off it and have no reason to eat anything else. Things like bears and...humans.

We are not built to eat any one thing in particular. give a bear enough fruit he might not hunt for a while. Give me a mango and im cool. But if some bacon is around...**** it.

And there is nothing wrong with it. Its what we are...and have been. We have been eating meat since before land animals crawled from the sea.

And most things that flat out dont eat meat...only dont because they have evolved into creatures that arent capable of it or they live with such an abundance of vegetable matter for so long they lose the tools to catch prey. And even plenty of those animals will eat meat given the chance(Cows...horses...pandas...an awful lot of supposed herbivores are proven to eat meat...and it isnt in life or death situation either)

Most everything that can eat whatever it needs....will eat whatever it can get a hold of. If there is an entire country of grass and they can eat grass...eventually thats all they do.

But plenty of animals people dont suspect will eat anything in the right situation.

I had a cat that ate green beans and cabbage for me when i was a kid.....

Quote Originally Posted by Randy
    You are wrong. 100% wrong. Our saliva has enzymes to break down carbohydrates. Our intestinal track is not designed for animal flesh, compare ours to a wolf or a bear or any animal that is actually a carnivore. Humans are built to be herbivores, fact.

And 2nd, pandas and apes have canine teeth, if you think canine teeth alone designate an animal a carnivore, you're an idiot.

And the "protein" you all worry about is a joke. Per calorie, broccoli and asparagus both have more than twice the protein of beef, not to mention nuts and legumes. I guarantee I eat more more protein than 80% of America's meat eaters, plus zero cholesterol or disgusting animal saturated fats
    First I was speaking solely about our stomachs and speaking about how efficiently we digest meats compared to vegetables. Also I didn't make any claim about canine teeth making us a Carnivore.

this will sound stupid but why is it not cruel to eat plants. I mean is there a difference between ending a life of plant and animal. This will sound crazy but I've come across people who think plants like other living feel pain but have no way to express it.

Decent playground baller golddigger31's Avatar

I don't agree with your statement, because plants lack a central nervous system and a brain, both which are necessary to register the feeling of pain. Pain can be experienced in a way that scientists can chart, just as you can with humans, be it crying, shaking, or learned helplessness.
    Even if we lacked the technology sensitive enough to prove that plants feel pain, plants are very different from animals in this case. One, they lack the necessary physiology to register a painful response. Any being that can feel pain also has been equipped through evolution to remove themselves from the cause of threat or pain. second, plants do not have emotional needs that need to be met in order to survive, like humans and animals. A calf that has been restricted will become depressed or helpless because his rights to normal grazing instincts have been taken away.
    We know that animals have the capacity to suffer, and that, to me is a reason to not be a part of the industry.

The usual answer I believe is that plants dont have nerves we are aware of so we cant assume they feel pain.

But really...its nearly impossible to lead a bloodless life. animals are in too many products. From gel capsules, to sodas, and all sorts of non food products. I have basketballs made of animals, my car seats are leather, and even if I got cloth id be supporting a company that no doubt is behind the deaths of many cows for those who want leather...I can only imagine how many animals died just to produce many vegetables. How many rats and other ground mammals you think try to eat produce as its growing? how do you think thats prevented? My grandpa couldnt keep rabbits out of his field with anything but his rifle. Im sure massive farms have similar issues with birds and little creatures. I wonder how many animals die when you run a harvesting machine through a 10 square mile field of grains.

A lot of organic foods are grown with such natural fertilizer as ground up fish parts or shit harvested from huge vats of earthworms.

But we only choose to count some animals. The fact that something must die for us to live our lives is largely ignored.

i seriously do not understand why people dont eat meat.

animals are not equal to humans and that is a fact

we need them to survive, and i guarantee you that i, along with most every human being, will not feel the same if we do not consume meat or anything else that involves animals.

humans are the most intelligent beings on the planet and anything below us needs to die if it makes us better.

animals can kill humans all they wants and hipster will always come up with an excuse such as... "you guys were enticing that alligator/lion/shark and that is why they attacked you."

that isnt true because as far as we know animals dont have a conscience. and sure you can say that cows, chicken, fish, bulls, and other animals wouldnt attack us if we didnt bother them, but picture humanity if everyone was vegetarians

that means, no milk, no cheese, no meat, no eggs, anything except vegetable, fruits, tofu, and all that other bullshit.

i know people have pet dogs, and cats but IMO those are the only pets that are expelled from being eaten (even dogs are eaten in some countries).

but come the F*ck on!!!!

according to science plants are just as alive as humans so you are almost murdering anything that is edible....
    Last edited by LBJMVP; 02-17-2012 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger31
    I don't agree with your statement, because plants lack a central nervous system and a brain, both which are necessary to register the feeling of pain. Pain can be experienced in a way that scientists can chart, just as you can with humans, be it crying, shaking, or learned helplessness.
    Even if we lacked the technology sensitive enough to prove that plants feel pain, plants are very different from animals in this case. One, they lack the necessary physiology to register a painful response. Any being that can feel pain also has been equipped through evolution to remove themselves from the cause of threat or pain. second, plants do not have emotional needs that need to be met in order to survive, like humans and animals. A calf that has been restricted will become depressed or helpless because his rights to normal grazing instincts have been taken away.
    We know that animals have the capacity to suffer, and that, to me is a reason to not be a part of the industry.
    hmm, i remember reading a few years ago a study about how plants respond to threats by emitting chemicals to defend against pests. Wouldn't that be removing them selves from a threat???

Quote Originally Posted by LBJMVP
    i seriously do not understand why people dont eat meat.

animals are not equal to humans and that is a fact

we need them to survive, and i guarantee you that i, along with most every human being, will not feel the same if we do not consume meat or anything else that involves animals.

humans are the most intelligent beings on the planet and anything below us needs to die if it makes us better.

animals can kill humans all they wants and hipster will always come up with an excuse such as... "you guys were enticing that alligator/lion/shark and that is why they attacked you."

that isnt true because as far as we know animals dont have a conscience. and sure you can say that cows, chicken, fish, bulls, and other animals wouldnt attack us if we didnt bother them, but picture humanity if everyone was vegetarians

that means, no milk, no cheese, no meat, no eggs, anything except vegetable, fruits, tofu, and all that other bullshit.

i know people have pet dogs, and cats but IMO those are the only pets that are expelled from being eaten (even dogs are eaten in some countries).

but come the F*ck on!!!!

according to science plants are just as alive as humans so you are almost murdering anything that is edible....
    We've come along way but I've always questioned how intelligent we actually are. We're so intelligent but not to the point that we can live with in our means.