Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Default Re: ESPN removes ***** in the armor headline, apologizes.

So am I to understand that a perfectly legitimate word and a commonplace everyday phase is never allowed to be used when a Chinese person is involved? Is that the new rule? What's next? I can't ask a white waiter for crackers?

People are way to sensitive these days ( I'm black and I personally find it funny how quickly black people get offended by words they find offensive) get over it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    So am I to understand that a perfectly legitimate word and a commonplace everyday phase is never allowed to be used when a Chinese person is involved? Is that the new rule? What's next? I can't ask a white waiter for crackers?
    crackers is a noun. ***** is an adjective describing something or in a racist way someone. and yes it would be racist if you only asked a white waiter for crackers if you intended it to be a slur. imagine a black guy at a table asking a white waiter "can i have some crackers" and saying it in a context to be racist. Does it make it okay just because technically what he said wasnt? think alittle more dont be so 1 dimensional.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    People are way to sensitive these days ( I'm black and I personally find it funny how quickly black people get offended by words they find offensive) get over it and move on.
    who are you to say if someone should be offended or not? its ignorant to suggest that you have that right.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    who are you to say if someone should be offended or not? its ignorant to suggest that you have that right.
    I'm a person. Who has an opinion that I have the right to express. What's your point? They have a right to be offended? Doesn't mean I don't have the right to belive people these days are way to sensitive and way to quick to play the "racism" card.

These people includes Black,Latinos, Whites, Asians and anyone else .. People make way to big a deal out of being politically correct.

Jeremy Lin "I'm not asian, I'm American. Born and raised near AlphaDog."

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    Dude is from Utah. He don't know any better.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

no pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Dude is from Utah. He don't know any better.
    Yawn and I live in Ny since like 4th grade. I've met all types of people in this state and I'm friends with a diverse group of people so what's your point?

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

espn tried to dodge the issue but snl put them on blast

plenty of people weren't aware of the story because of when it happened (late friday night) and because espn has a monopoly on sports reporting..but snl skit is gonna make people look up the story

and I'm certain that nbc universal sports will cover some aspect of the story

It's funny....an athlete makes either a foolish mistake or a blatant F-up and espn puts a microscope on him for a full week, somebody at espn(actually several somebodies) F-up..and you'd never know it happened.

What was the line from Michael Irvin?

"SAME INTENSITY !!!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by get these NETS
    espn being espn

lin...welcome to the world of non white athletes...where "slurs" slip through somehow.....
    Pretty sure black folks are more upset about Lin stardom than white folks. (imitates Larry David)... Pretty, pretty sure.

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    Pretty sure black folks are more upset about Lin stardom than white folks. (imitates Larry David)... Pretty, pretty sure.

your opinion is based on what?

my comments were based on billy packer calling georgetown's allen iverson a quick little monkey ON AIR during a tv broadcast....and oh about 3-4 similar incidents I can think of.
    golf channel woman "joking" that other golfers should lynch tiger woods so that they can win tourneys

that's why I welcomed lin to the club.

YOUR opinion is based on what?
    ACTUAL interaction with your Black neighbors, co-workers and friends? or from what you read on the internet forums? or what mayweather said?

* don't watch cye so if it was sarcasm it sailed right over my head

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    They obviously made a mistake, not realizing the implications of that phrase with Lin. They didn't do that on purpose, come on.

They originally wanted to use "Lin Looking Yellow in Defeat" but they went with the other one.
    This is why these corny ass hack MFers love Jeremy Lin, they have a whole new set of stale, unoriginal, semi-retarded "jokes" they can tell and they aren't black jokes which are no fun anymore because everyone is so politically correct.

***REALITY***

Blacks been tired of this shit, after hundreds of years of being called stupid ass names and having the same chicken and watermelon jokes hashed and re-hashed by corny-sounding MFers like bagelred, we decided enough was enough.

In awhile Lin will feel the same way believe me....he probably already does.

I wonder how he feels about fake ass Asians that talked down on him for playing ball but are on his jock now that he's a rising star in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    Yawn and I live in Ny since like 4th grade. I've met all types of people in this state and I'm friends with a diverse group of people so what's your point?

Yeah I bet you are buddy.

You sound really naive.

And you're not an authority or even semi-knowledgeable about this subject. You're too young and you're not down like that son fall back.

When I want to know about you and you're culture, well IF I did, I would do the same.