Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Default Re: Beasley might go to LA for a first round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    Well...and it really can't even be a bust. I mean, no chance Beasley is worse than Barnes or RonRon. Not like a mid/late first round pick is gonna be even close to as good as Beasley either. I just don't understand why Minny does this move though. There has to be SOMETHING better out there.
    There isn't because Beasley is the "there is always untapped potential" guy that will never figure it out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    There isn't because Beasley is the "there is always untapped potential" guy that will never figure it out.
    your cynical approach would be more accurate if he never played well with consistent minutes but he already showed he could do so last season and the season before that in Miami when Wade was out injured.

so its more like he's already a good player and can demonstrate it consistently if he had the playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Cousy
    your cynical approach would be more accurate if he never played well with consistent minutes but he already showed he could do so last season and the season before that in Miami when Wade was out injured.

so its more like he's already a good player and can demonstrate it consistently if he had the playing time.
    No he didn't, he simply went through a stretch where he was hitting shots at an unsustainable rate.

It's the same thing with Anthony Randolph. He is just too dumb to play.

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy8
    I really hope we don't trade him but it looks like we will. I bet he will become a star on the Lakers, his defense really isn't as bad as people say and they could roll a lineup of Kobe, Barnes, Beasley, Gasol and Bynum. That would be the biggest lineup in the NBA.

who the hell gone run the point?exactly..sit down and rethink that absurd disgusting post.and no im not a lakers fan but in all honesty the lakers need a pg.fisher is everything below washed up!need a young stud at pg.if i was the lakers id try to put a package together to get norris cole.a good young pg that will be able to keep up with westbrook and chris paul,ty lawson and any other pg in the west.fisher has become a liability and im sure the heat wouldnt mind having fisher coming off the bench ( where he belongs) to mentor chalmers and provide decent mins and rest for him.norris cole will never get his shine on in miami cuz chalmers aint having it as he has proved this season.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Ever heard of a saying beggers can't be choosers? Well right now the Lakers are beggars, can't afford to be picky. Take what's available and try to steal some talent that's rotting on the end of a bench, beasley for a 1st round pick is buying low. Ideally you make a move for beasley and sessions(offering the dallas first and the 2014 first rounder) but there are young players that will help the lakers besides sessions that are readily available. Johnnu flynn, terrence williams, toney douglas, jarred bayless, barbosa. Don't think it will take more than a couple 2nd rounders to get any of these guys.
    Lakers have never been beggars so this is what they actually need and what they can easily get: a good player that can seriously get stronger and more competitive the roaster (do you remember a certain Chris Paul?); I'm not saying they've to aim to one of first 5 point guards but...Beasley will essentially increase bench points..Yes, they can be choosers. In my opinion their solution is far from M. Beasley but for the moment, I agree with you: trying to make a move including beasley and 1st round pick is buying low.
    Last edited by peppo06; 02-24-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Banned

they seem to get all the shitty mentally troubled players of the nba. Why not get delonte west while they are it?

Haha, barnes, metta world artest, delonte west, beasley, arenas... that would be so effed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Yes. Metta World Peace starts. He's slow as a rock and can't jump.

Having a quick point guard won't help the other players run faster.
    Remember M.W.P. leaded 'em to the Finals two years ago (against Phoenix). They need a good number 1. I'd give more minutes to Goudelock!

la should get this done

[QUOTE=B

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    who the hell gone run the point?exactly..sit down and rethink that absurd disgusting post.and no im not a lakers fan but in all honesty the lakers need a pg.fisher is everything below washed up!need a young stud at pg.if i was the lakers id try to put a package together to get norris cole.a good young pg that will be able to keep up with westbrook and chris paul,ty lawson and any other pg in the west.fisher has become a liability and im sure the heat wouldnt mind having fisher coming off the bench ( where he belongs) to mentor chalmers and provide decent mins and rest for him.norris cole will never get his shine on in miami cuz chalmers aint having it as he has proved this season.
    Kobe runs the offense anyway so he would most likely run the point. Defensively Kobe plays on a lot of PG's anyway like Westbrook and Rondo. If they put out that lineup for the last 5 minutes of the game they would murder most teams.

I rep Lakers!

March 1st can't come sooner. I need to know what we are gonna do

Wolves need to charge more for B-Easy now.

I hope we can get a shooter like Morrow.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    Wolves need to charge more for B-Easy now.

I hope we can get a shooter like Morrow.
    lol if it's just for Morrow? LMFAO

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAssassin
    lol if it's just for Morrow? LMFAO
    Morrow is a solid player?