Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Default Re: Richard Dawkins: I can't be sure God does not exist

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    No. You can be an atheist but think that there's a possibility of something out there. That's just logical, there's no proof either way.

That's like saying you don't believe in mythical creatures, but it would be cool if the Loch Ness Monster exists.
    athiests are NOT logical though...agnostics are

athiesm rejects the notion of any "god"...no possibility of anything else

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1]

IMO athiesm is just as illogical as any religion...both claim to know something that is impossible to prove...agnostics are the logical ones

Quote Originally Posted by Bladers
    Since you believe people are born gays and lesbian then so are pedos and rapist and serial killlers, etc.

So why punish them for something they were born with? Why is the latter a crime and not the former?
    Because pedos, rapists, and serial killers are not fit for our society. It's not about punishing them, it's about keeping them far away from the rest of us.

Gather around the campfire and be enlightened by G-train.

It's not really your fault, but 99.99999% of Americans are blind. You have literally no idea about life, and the smarter you think you are the dumber you actually are. Most of you deny a spiritual world and quote wikipedia to back up your brilliant intelligence.
    Later this year I will be returning to Papua New Guinea to assist in ministry where the deaf/blind/paralysed/demonic/limbs missing are instantly healed via prayer, and then when I leave the meetings I see the fireballs in the air from the witches that were casting spells against the ministry. I'll see people slither across the ground like a snake and their eyes turn completely yellow before being delivered. Then 1000's become Christian as the miracles prove the teaching. 10's of thousands are in the crowds. In africa they gather in the 100's of thousands.
    http://www.timtodd.org/images/lagos_banner.jpg

So talk and post on ISH, get married and have 3 kids, drive a nice car, hold your theories close to your chest at night like a comforting teddy bear, but dont say you havent been told of the reality of Jesus Christ that western civilisation denies - as I just delivered you the message from first hand experience.

But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him.
    1 Corinthians 1:27-29

Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

[QUOTE=G-train]Gather around the campfire and be enlightened by G-train.

It's not really your fault, but 99.99999% of Americans are blind. You have literally no idea about life, and the smarter you think you are the dumber you actually are. Most of you deny a spiritual world and quote wikipedia to back up your brilliant intelligence.
    Later this year I will be returning to Papua New Guinea to assist in ministry where the deaf/blind/paralysed/demonic/limbs missing are instantly healed via prayer, and then when I leave the meetings I see the fireballs in the air from the witches that were casting spells against the ministry. I'll see people slither across the ground like a snake and their eyes turn completely yellow before being delivered. Then 1000's become Christian as the miracles prove the teaching. 10's of thousands are in the crowds. In africa they gather in the 100's of thousands.

So talk and post on ISH, get married and have 3 kids, drive a nice car, hold your theories close to your chest at night like a comforting teddy bear, but dont say you havent been told of the reality of Jesus Christ that western civilisation denies - as I just delivered you the message from first hand experience.

[B]But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things

I've read some of Dawkins books. He doesn't pull any punches. He poked so many holes in the judeao-christian religions that makes the whole thing look like Swiss cheese. A brilliant and accomplished man.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Gather around the campfire and be enlightened by G-train.

But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him.
    1 Corinthians 1:27-29
    Well, that settles it then. I think I will move on and let the loons throw a loon parade.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Bladers
    Atheist leader is now wavering in his stance against God. Its an amazing thing how when people begin to reach their end (age 70), when the end of their tunnel is getting close, they begin to doubt.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/reli...not-exist.html
    You can't prove a negative is basically what he's saying.
    His stance on religion hasn't changed one bit, you can't prove that god doesn't exist, you also can't prove that there isn't a golden teapot behind the sun that has divine powers, but we both know the chances of said teapot existing are very slim.

Banned

Just another flimsy attempt at trying to pigeon hole people as being 100% this or that.

If you're interested in understanding the nuances of Gnostic/Agnostic & Theist/Atheist, read this.

The problem with the monotheistic religions is validity. Dawkins said it best when he said that most religious people are atheists when it comes to thor, zeus, or the flying spaghetti monster. Some people just go one god further.

Nobody is certain that god does not exist.

Just like nobody is certain that he does exist.

There is only belief and doubt. No certainty.

I don't get hardcore atheists. Why go so hard at it? There is nothing to gain.

Religious person: If there isn't an afterlife nothing happens. If there is, he'll be rewarded.

Atheist: If there isn't an afterlife, nothing happens. But if there is an afterlife, the atheist is ****ed. Its basically a lose lose situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash

Religious person: If there isn't an afterlife nothing happens. If there is, he'll be rewarded.

Atheist: If there isn't an afterlife, nothing happens. But if there is an afterlife, the atheist is ****ed. Its basically a lose lose situation.
    In that case the religious person may as well be ****ed also because there are thousands of religions in the history of this planet and they may have picked the wrong one. That's if you are looking at it from a childish point of view. The fact is that atheists help keep the religious folks in check.
    Last edited by Is He Ill; 02-28-2012 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by REACTION
    Nobody is certain that god does not exist.

Just like nobody is certain that he does exist.

There is only belief and doubt. No certainty.
    this

i dont get how anyone could be an atheist, how can someone prove a negative?

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Nash

To quote a man much wiser than you or I:

"What if we picked the wrong religion? Every week we're just making god madder and madder."

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey
    this

i dont get how anyone could be an atheist, how can someone prove a negative?
    Atheism doesn't have the burden of proof.