Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Mike D Antoni resigns as Head coach of the Knicks!

anyone know if woodson is in favor more of b.diddy or lin? i hate to see lin backing up diddy...

Learning to shoot layups SchoolRumble's Avatar

Default Re: Stephen A Smith says Lin got D'antoni fired.

and during that stretch, although a majority of the teams were bad, the Lakers and Mavericks are not considered to be in that bunch. fair?

Quote Originally Posted by SchoolRumble
    I mean if you strip it down to the basic outline, 1) before Lin: melo and amare are healthy -> team SUCKS 2) Lin arrives: melo and amare are out -> team is awesome 3) melo and amare come back: team loses to good AND bad teams
    Exactly... I don't get these Melo homers saying things like "Linsanity streak they were only beating bad teams!"

They beat the Lakers and Dallas in that stretch. And they were LOSING to all the bad teams before Lin started playing well (and are doing it again now that Melo is back).

So really, what do you have to lose by benching Melo and playing Lin the way he was playing during the streak?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    So really, what do you have to lose by benching Melo and playing Lin the way he was playing during the streak?
    It makes so much sense but nobody's going to do it. They're paying Melo millions of dollars to sit? No way. You can't trade him either.

He must've known they were going to fire his a$$ so he decided to "resign"

Add coach killer to Melo's resume.

D'Antoni had to go regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    It makes so much sense but nobody's going to do it. They're paying Melo millions of dollars to sit? No way. You can't trade him either.
    Nobody on the planet has the balls to bench their two highest paid players (Melo and Amar'e) so all you can do is trade them, hope they get injured, or ride out all the losses.

Decent playground baller sodapop's Avatar

D'Antoni resign as head coach doesn't mean the Knicks will become better. My opinion, I think the Knicks handed D'Antoni a bad ticket and expected flowers to grow on concrete. The real blame for the Knicks is the Knicks franchise, not D'Antoni. The GM should had done the homework before bringing Amar'e Stoudemire, Tyson Chandler and Carmelo Anthony together - especially Melo.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    Dude after the last run to the finals, it was most fun as a Knick fan i had, but don't tell me the ball movement and player movement was off the charts, it wasn't, the ball was all the time in Lin's hands, he had a usage higher than Lebron during that stretch. It was Lin passing to Chandler, Lin charging the paint and scoring, lin charging the paint and kicking it out.
    I agree with most of what you said, but the fact remains that the offense with Lin running it was much better than the Carmelo-dominated strategy that started the season.

The Lin situation was very tweakable. Despite Linsanity, he wasn't a star player who had to be catered to. Lin would have gladly relinquished some ball duties to make the offense more diversified.

Pringles' only task was to find an effective way of extending the excitement of Linsanity, while integrating Carmelo and Stat back into the mix. He failed to do that, and got canned.

We'll see what happens from here. I think that Carmelo is out of shape, and has a lousy "me-first" attitude. He'll get a brief reprieve from the NY fans and media after the coach's ouster, but that's all. If the team continues to struggle, he'll be the next target.

Carmelo's best case scenario is that he gets shipped to Orlando in a last-minute deal for DHo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf

Carmelo's best case scenario is that he gets shipped to Orlando in a last-minute deal for DHo.
    Yep. Think that wouldn't rejuvenate him? "**** you all, trade me instead of a minimum salary Asian punk? Rampage time."

Learning to shoot layups SchoolRumble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Yep. Think that wouldn't rejuvenate him? "**** you all, trade me instead of a minimum salary Asian punk? Rampage time."
    in the end, you play to win. that should be everyone's goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    I agree with most of what you said, but the fact remains that the offense with Lin running it was much better than the Carmelo-dominated strategy that started the season.

The Lin situation was very tweakable. Despite Linsanity, he wasn't a star player who had to be catered to. Lin would have gladly relinquished some ball duties to make the offense more diversified.

Pringles' only task was to find an effective way of extending the excitement of Linsanity, while integrating Carmelo and Stat back into the mix. He failed to do that, and got canned.

We'll see what happens from here. I think that Carmelo is out of shape, and has a lousy "me-first" attitude. He'll get a brief reprieve from the NY fans and media after the coach's ouster, but that's all. If the team continues to struggle, he'll be the next target.

Agree. A three way trade, Boston-New York-Orlando. Orlando get Melo, Boston get Tyson Chandler and New York get Dwight Howard. Sound good to me. Only if life could be so pleasant.....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    anyone know if woodson is in favor more of b.diddy or lin? i hate to see lin backing up diddy...
    What has Davis done to deserve the starting spot and minutes over Lin?

Baron's been a decent back-up but nothing special. He's had his clumsy plays and good plays but never nearly as good as Lin's been.

Only way Davis gets the starting gig is if he pulls a night like February 4th like Lin did. And if Lin starts playing like Douglas.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    What has Davis done to deserve the starting spot and minutes over Lin?

Baron's been a decent back-up but nothing special. He's had his clumsy plays and good plays but never nearly as good as Lin's been.

Only way Davis gets the starting gig is if he pulls a night like February 4th like Lin did. And if Lin starts playing like Douglas.
    Davis is a great, tough defender. Chandler and Davis are the only players defending.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by sodapop
    Davis is a great, tough defender. Chandler and Davis are the only players defending.
    Jeffries, Fields, and Shumpert all play good D. You'd be more accurate if you said Melo and Amar'e were the only two not defending.