Page 487 of 487 FirstFirst ... 387437477484485486487
Results 7,291 to 7,302 of 7302
  1. #7291
       
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

    ahem. zimmerman is --not-- in the news because he had his pic taken at a gunshop.

    - he is in the news because his attorneys are calling him out publicly, and for the event in question.
    - the event in question is... he had his pic taken during a tour of a gun FACTORY, and the pic was passed on to TMZ news.
    - it was a private tour conducted by the son of the company founder.
    - the factory is the very same one that made the gun zimmerman used on trayvon martin.

  2. #7292
    Very good NBA starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,795

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

    Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    ahem. zimmerman is --not-- in the news because he had his pic taken at a gunshop.

    - he is in the news because his attorneys are calling him out publicly, and for the event in question.
    - the event in question is... he had his pic taken during a tour of a gun FACTORY, and the pic was passed on to TMZ news.
    - it was a private tour conducted by the son of the company founder.
    - the factory is the very same one that made the gun zimmerman used on trayvon martin.
    For all intents and purposes, it's pretty much the same.

    Wouldn't be much different if he went to his local gun store, picked up the same Kel-Tec gun he showed interest in, and posed with it with the guy who runs the store.... Basically the same thing, in the public's eye.

    His attorneys called him out after the fact, after it was leaked. His attorneys are pretty much doing damage control for him, I don't even see it as calling him out necessarily as much as they're stating the obvious. They're saying what Zimmerman's PR people would likely say ("we don't agree with it, it's not what we planned, we're going to try and change it blah blah blah")

  3. #7293
       
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

    Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    For all intents and purposes, it's pretty much the same.

    Wouldn't be much different if he went to his local gun store, picked up the same Kel-Tec gun he showed interest in, and posed with it with the guy who runs the store.... Basically the same thing, in the public's eye.

    His attorneys called him out after the fact, after it was leaked. His attorneys are pretty much doing damage control for him, I don't even see it as calling him out necessarily as much as they're stating the obvious. They're saying what Zimmerman's PR people would likely say ("we don't agree with it, it's not what we planned, we're going to try and change it blah blah blah")
    you’re still just picking and choosing which angles to analyse it from.

    if you can’t actually see the foolishness in this on the part of zimmerman, then... well, okay.

    but for some, events like this are kind of interesting. is the obliviousness on display here an aberration? or does it fit a pattern? it’s just interesting for some.

  4. #7294
    Very good NBA starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,795

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

    [QUOTE=gigantes]you

  5. #7295
       
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

    @scdac,
    if you're saying that you can see the many foolish, oblivious decisions on display here... the rest is not really worth arguing over IMO.

    i understand where your POV veers away after that... not trying to tell you how to think or anything. cheers.

  6. #7296
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    214

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

    George Zimmerman in Custody After Gun Incident

    Quote Originally Posted by ABC
    Zimmerman's wife, Shellie, recently announced plans to divorce.

    Her attorney told ABC News that George pulled a knife on her today after she discovered a firearm in the house they shared. He then pulled a gun on her and her father after a verbal altercation went bad, according to attorney Kelly Sims.

  7. #7297
    NBA Legend oh the horror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Torrance, CA
    Posts
    15,547

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

    Quote Originally Posted by 2013 Lakers


    Dude continues to prove why people were skeptical about him. Yet again, more incidents involving his temper issues

  8. #7298
    National High School Star
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,262

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

    Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Dude continues to prove why people were skeptical about him. Yet again, more incidents involving his temper issues

    This to the already long list of incidents before the age of 27/28.

    1)Only accused of child rape by a relative

    2)A successful retraining order executed against him by ex for domestic abuse.

    3) Arrested on felony charges of assaulting a cop/resisting arrest. Plea bargained down to a misdemeanor CONVICTION of resisting.

    4)Followed & eventually killed an unarmed teen who was 'running' from him because he thought Georgie was a 'creepy' ..... 'sex pervert'.

    But Trayvon is the thug because he smoked weed & got suspended from school?


    5)Now this.

    It may only be a basic, run-of-the-mill domestic dispute , but it is obvious to all (but nuts who have made Georgie a folk hero for shooting a Black kid) that this guy has issues.

  9. #7299
    NBA Legend oh the horror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Torrance, CA
    Posts
    15,547

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

    Problem is, if its true as being reported (we will see) it further cements the guy's quickness to pull weapons out when he is in a situation that isn't agreeable on any level.



    He just strikes me as dangerous.

  10. #7300
       
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

    george has also been arrested a couple times for speeding after the verdict came out. IIRC the last one was for doing 60mph in a 45 zone a week or two ago, after the factory photo incident.


    apparently he had also been accused of profiling about five other youths at the gated community before shooting the last one... and that was after having the job a mere two months at that point. i mean, yow.


    when that divorce notice was in the news last week, shellie said that they had to hole up in some backwoods area for a year and a half, worried that they might be attacked every night. IMO there's not a lot of women who can deal with that constant level stress, and it's not like it ever ended, either. divorce was pretty much a no-brainer IMO.


    also, apparently when her conviction came down for perjury a couple weeks ago, george was not present. kinda sucks to support your husband all the way in his trial, lie on behalf of him, be put on probation for a year, get a criminal record... and then he's not around for you when you need him.

  11. #7301
    NBA sixth man of the year
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,141

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

    Somewhat off topic here, but I recently heard it was proven that zimmerman's black friend was fake.



    Anyone here can confirm that or not?

  12. #7302
    Very good NBA starter dude77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8,982

    Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

    George Zimmerman's gun up for auction

    The 9mm pistol that Zimmerman said was used to shoot and kill Trayvon Martin on February 26, 2012 is up for sale in an online auction
    Item Condition: Used



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •