Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Coach Nick: Russell Westbrook is not a point guard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0_Ce...56FUAAAAAAAAAA

Really good breakdown on it. Can't deny the facts.

Default Re: Coach Nick: Russell Westbrook is not a point guard.

I love me some coach Nick

Some of those are BONEHEAD plays just plain stupid, this is why adding european teams could really make the NBA better. Top european Coaches would smack Westbrook for plays like that, NBA coaches SUCK. The players have no respect for them, it's embarrassing really. NBA coaches suck. SMFH

Imagine if Durant got a PG like D Will, CP3 or Rondo? Dude would be a 35 ppg scorer.

It's crazy.... in this video I can't tell you how many times Ivy and Durant were on the wing wide open and they were both hot....

GOAT Commissioner

Thats why they r not gonna win anything

Dont get me wrong, Russ is a beast and one of the best guards in the L. But I agree, he's more of an SG or combo type guard. Westbrook and Rose are compared because they are freak athletes and great scorers. But Rose is MILES AHEAD of Westbrook in the PG aspects. Rose still he isn't on the level of CP3, DWill, Nash, and Rondo level in terms of floor generalship and pure PG facets. But Rose is still very good at those facets.

I would want to keep D Rose at PG because of the impact he has on the game though. If I could get a bigger PG who can guards 2's effectively, I would really consider moving Westbrook to SG. Guys like AI and Ellis made the move to an undersized SG. AI had the advantage of playing with PG's who could guard SG's well. Ellis hasn't really had that chance. But I get Russ benefit of the doubt because he was an SG in college. So he is still trying to learn PG.

Guys like Magic, Big O, Isiah, Frazier, Payton, Tiny, CP3, DWill, Nash, etc. are all capable of putting up big time points and alpha dog shit. But they fufill the premium PG duties at the highest levels as well. U have guys like Kidd, Stockton, Rondo, Mark Jackson, etc. that are technicians at the premium PG duties and epic at it. But they aren't the scoring threat like the group I named earlier. Guys like Rose, Westbrook, Francis, Arenas, etc. are scoring PG's who have enough handle and passing ability to be a PG. But the way they see the game is more of a combo or even a SG type.
    Last edited by bizil; 03-19-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Why would Durant scoring go up to 35ppg with DWill, CP3 or Rondo, when Blake Griffin hasnt benefitted offensively from CP3 and neither has Deandre Jordan. Cut the silly talk.

westbrook just turned 23 years old and there is only one other point guard in the nba that is on his level athletically. he is 5th in the nba in scoring at a respectable 47%. his upside is massive. i like that OKC has given him the keys and allowed him to figure things out by trial and error. this year he is scoring more and assisting less, that doesnt mean he isnt a point guard.

Certified ISHiot.

I hope there's no one out there who actually had to watch a 10-minute video to realize that Russell tends to make a lot of questionable decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Why would Durant scoring go up to 35ppg with DWill, CP3 or Rondo, when Blake Griffin hasnt benefitted offensively from CP3 and neither has Deandre Jordan. Cut the silly talk.
    The Clippers have a more balanced offense obviously with what 5 or 6 players who average 13+ ppg. The Thunder's offense pretty much comes from Westbrook+Durant+Harden. Durant's PPG would absolutely go up with a PG who is more willing to pass. Griffin's went down because the team added 2 15+ ppg scorers from previous season in Butler+Billups.

i was actually surprised OKC didn't offer westbrook for rondo. boston could use more scoring from the PG position in the future and rondo is a better fit for OKC so it could have helped both teams. on top of that, rondo's contract isn't as big as some of the other great PG's

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    i was actually surprised OKC didn't offer westbrook for rondo. boston could use more scoring from the PG position in the future and rondo is a better fit for OKC so it could have helped both teams. on top of that, rondo's contract isn't as big as some of the other great PG's
    Rondo+pick or something for Westbrook would of been great for both teams.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    because they will make the defense forget that Durant is on the team so he will be open all game long.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Why do people believe this BS...look around the league...These pg you guys are praisin in this thread aren't even increasing their own teams offensive efficiency...

This league is about playing to your strengths and helping your team win...

WESTBROOK IS THE 2nd BEST PG IN THE LEAGUE...DEAL WITH IT