Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Default Re: Avatar: Legend of Korra

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    I actually haven't gotten around to seeing the last two episodes. I just finished 10 and haven't had time to catch up BUT:

Is it weird to anyone else that Iroh is the exact same voice as Zuko? It kinda trips me out.
    Iroh is like 30 years old, and he has the voice of a 17 year old. Thought that was a bit weird myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    Since metalbending, bloodbending, and thunder generation are all techniques that require precise control. It would be hard to come up with a specialized technique for airbending.
    You know, I've been thinking how scientific Avatar could actually get. Airbender's can control the air, which probably means oxygen, so they could control both blood and water. Since oxygen molecules are in both. They could also suck the oxygen from the area around a person too, thus suffocating them. They could also render firebenders useless as well.

Air could be the dominant element if the creators actually took it to that level. But, since it's geared towards a younger audience I doubt it.

Home of the 16

I actually haven't gotten around to seeing the last two episodes. I just finished 10 and haven't had time to catch up BUT:

Is it weird to anyone else that Iroh is the exact same voice as Zuko? It kinda trips me out.
    That's Zuko's grandson.. but yeah. it's kinda weird hearing Zuko's voice again on a different character...

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Like I have no problem with them recasting Brasco as the actor. But at least tell him to change it up a little bit. That way it sounds like Zuko, but not EXACTLY like him.

Good college starter EricGordon23's Avatar

Nickelodeon should sign them for more episodes so they can do a better build up.

I'm not sure if it's that much geared to a young audience. Especially with what happened to Amon and Tarlokk.

That finale!

This show has gotten far more traditional anime than the first. Not that that's a bad thing at all, just an interesting change up.

Quote Originally Posted by takai
    You know, I've been thinking how scientific Avatar could actually get. Airbender's can control the air, which probably means oxygen, so they could control both blood and water. Since oxygen molecules are in both. They could also suck the oxygen from the area around a person too, thus suffocating them. They could also render firebenders useless as well.

Air could be the dominant element if the creators actually took it to that level. But, since it's geared towards a younger audience I doubt it.
    Concentrating oxygen can cause spontaneous combustion, which I doubt the creators would let happen.

Concentrating oxygen can cause spontaneous combustion, which I doubt the creators would let happen.
    There was an (at least attempted) murder suicide.

I'm pretty sure the creators have a fairly sinister show in mind.

After watching the last few episodes again I'm wondering if Tenzen is a better airbender than his father. Aang has the raw power without a doubt, but Tenzen does things with it that I don't know if we'd see Aang do. I say this because Aang always wanted to be free and play. Tenzen seems to be one that takes his learning and practice a bit more seriously.

It's interesting how this all shaped up. I'm curious though what the second saga would look like.

After watching the last few episodes again I'm wondering if Tenzen is a better airbender than his father. Aang has the raw power without a doubt, but Tenzen does things with it that I don't know if we'd see Aang do. I say this because Aang always wanted to be free and play. Tenzen seems to be one that takes his learning and practice a bit more seriously.

It's interesting how this all shaped up. I'm curious though what the second saga would look like.
    I meant that the creators would not want such a shift in power from firebending to air bending. It would be weird having an air bender, who is not the avatar, fire bend.

I meant that the creators would not want such a shift in power from firebending to air bending. It would be weird having an air bender, who is not the avatar, fire bend.
    I see what you're saying.

I'm not so sure about that. In this series we've seen psychic benders with like bending fields almost. In TLAB we saw some unique individuals with powers that didn't seem to fit into the mythos. Nothing like an airbender creating fire, but maybe if they made a bigger point to talk about the connectivity of the elements it could work.

A special airbending technique is tough to imagine.

Well we only got to see Aang as a 12-13 year old. I'm sure he took his discipline and airbending to another level as an adult.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Well we only got to see Aang as a 12-13 year old. I'm sure he took his discipline and airbending to another level as an adult.
    But that 13 year old defeated the firelord.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    I'm a very big fan of the series and what M&B did with LTA was short of spectacular, but I don't have the same feeling with Legend of Korra.

There were 5 things that made me absolutely FURIOUS with how the show ended.

1) How could they do that to Amon? Like what the hell? Amon was my favorite thing about the show, and he was the first real villain that was basically untouchable. He was SCARY. Like seriously. I got chills when he came on the screen. He was able to resist bloodbending as well, and that made you go, "WHAT THE F***?!" The backstory to Tarrlok and Noatok was beautiful, and was easily the best thing about the finale, but I was really upset with how Amon turned out. Also, a little airbending made him weaker? And what was up with Korra suddenly learning to airbend like a PRO? Was it because her dear beloved Mako was getting his ass kicked? Didn't like that either.

2) All of the romance was shoved in our faces. Like for real. Korra and Mako had no development and what about Asami? They didn't even officially break up yet, and the way Mako and Korra suddenly became a thing was completely messed up. Kataara and Aang had 3 seasons worth of build up, so many touching moments and a lot of things that made them who they turned out to be. So we'll see where this goes.

3) Korra turned out to be the most talented avatar of all time in what, 10 to 15 seconds? She lost all her bending, learned airbending, got her bending back, got the ability to GIVE people their bending back, and then she got her prince charming in Mako. That's the biggest problem I had. It was way toooo rushed.

4) There was no EPIC battle. In TLA, all 3 of the finales had amazing battles. You had the Aang badass Avatar State, the Ba Sing Se underground battle, and Ozai vs. Aang and then Azula vs. Zuko. What was here? Like 3 minutes of Korra learning air bending and Amon blood bending? REALLY disappointed.

5) Finally, they have no storylines to go forward with. Like what the hell? Everything with Korra is basically done, as she's found her spiritual side, learning airbending, and then got Mako. Lin gained her bending back as well, which filled up that plot hole. AGGGGGHHGHGHGH, it's just that I'm so damn frustrated it's not even funny.

So I guess I'll have to wait for almost a whole year to find out what's going to happen next. I actually read somewhere that M&B are hoping they get asked to do a third season of this. So hopefully that happens.

What are some future storylines and plot themes you guys are hoping for?

I want to see more Bumi, and maybe see Korra actually struggle with something as everything came way to easy for her.
    Wanted to re-quote my post to say that I didn't HATE the Finale. It's just that it was overshadowed by these several factors I disliked.