Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Mike brown

Default Re: Mike brown

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I'm glad that you brought this up. Blake's dunks weren't even real dunks!!!! he used his elbow on Pau's head to elevate. That last one on Sportscenter was an offensive foul. What's crazy to me is the play was done in slow mo on national tv and nobody is talking about this. Griffin got a few lucky lobs because Stern was kind enough to give him a PG that could do so...... And I don't mean this as a bash to Griffin. I really like the kid. Just don't dunk over someone when you're smashing them in the face and expect they have a chance at blocking the shot, and then talk trash.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh2ZT1aPBoE

I have to disagree with you guys on this.....sorry.
    1. Pau is inside the restricted area and if you watch very closely you will see that Pau's arm makes contact with Blake slightly before Blake's elbow hits him in the head....it is hard to see from most angles in real speed.

2. Even if Blake doesn't extend the elbow and Pau blocks it clean he was going to foul him with his body. Pau took the wrong angle to block clean.

3. Blake doesn't need a boost to dunk, he got the height without Pau

As for my comment about Kobe's poor defense on that play, watch it for yourself. Kobe has to know that Blake is all about the backdoor lobs and back cuts. Instead of Kobe speeding up to stay in line between the ball and Blake, he lags, slowly trailing him and giving up the angle to make the pass easy.
    If Kobe does his job there then the play never happens. You always have to be mindful of your opponent and what they want to do. Kobe got caught sleeping......it wasn't a slow rotation by Pau that caused this.
    Do you guys see this?

Okay. Here's the problem.

You know what metta can do.
    You know what Barnes can do.
    And you know what Ebanks can do

But we don't know what Ebanks can do with consisten minutes.

Metta brings some crazy d(5 times a year)

But enough is enough. We need some CONSISTENT ROTATIONS MIKE BROWN.

pg. sessions/ blake(he needs to be traded)
    Sg. Kobe/ goudeluck (Kobe's minutes NEEDS to be reduced. Needs to play 32 minutes.)
    Sf. Ebanks/Barnes
    PF. Pau/ mcbob
    C. Drew

And that's it. That's our 9 man. If goudeluck can run the point, then he can take away Blake's minutes. This is our best squad but metta as of late has me scared to get rid of.
    We need consistently. It's play off time. Only guys that should see the floor

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    Okay. Here's the problem.

You know what metta can do.
    You know what Barnes can do.
    And you know what Ebanks can do

But we don't know what Ebanks can do with consisten minutes.

Metta brings some crazy d(5 times a year)

But enough is enough. We need some CONSISTENT ROTATIONS MIKE BROWN.

pg. sessions/ blake(he needs to be traded)
    Sg. Kobe/ goudeluck (Kobe's minutes NEEDS to be reduced. Needs to play 32 minutes.)
    Sf. Ebanks/Barnes
    PF. Pau/ mcbob
    C. Drew

And that's it. That's our 9 man. If goudeluck can run the point, then he can take away Blake's minutes. This is our best squad but metta as of late has me scared to get rid of.
    We need consistently. It's play off time. Only guys that should see the floor
    Hmmm......is Lakerfreak awake yet....or still stuck in the MATRIX.......lol. (Take the Red pill LF Bro )

LMAO at the last play of the game, Stu Lantz and Bill McDonald are going off about how stupid a play the Lakers ran.......throwing a long inbound pass to the other end of the court......the defensive end...lol, I wonder if Mike Brown even knew that it was the defensive end Boneheaded for sure even though they got away with it this time.

Earlier today Brown was asked why Goudelock isn't getting playing time even though the bench can't score and he's our best 3pt shooter. Brown said that his sons keep asking the same question and that he's been hearing it a lot......at least his kids are intelligent.....must be the mom or Mater Dei education
    Brown came up with one of the dumbest reason I've ever heard from him,
    he says that he's afraid of the matchups because when he has Sessions and Blake in the game at the same time, Blake gets abused in the low post.....Huh???
    WTF does that have to do with Goudelock??? If Blake cannot handle it shouldn't he see if Goudelock can do better? Glock....can definitely do better on offense. Brown speaks very well but he doesn't say anything intelligent.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Brown came up with one of the dumbest reason I've ever heard from him,
    he says that he's afraid of the matchups because when he has Sessions and Blake in the game at the same time, Blake gets abused in the low post.....Huh???
    WTF does that have to do with Goudelock??? If Blake cannot handle it shouldn't he see if Goudelock can do better? Glock....can definitely do better on offense. Brown speaks very well but he doesn't say anything intelligent.
    I didn't get to see the game tonight (had one of my own to play in). If that's the only excuse he can come up with that's pathetic. He's not playing him because the guy in front of him isn't doing something well???? Hmmm, that just doesn't add up, lol.

You guys can't be serious. Come on.

Nobody knew why Phil kept using Luke Walton, but it happened until finally luke himself told coach itd be better for the team if he didnt start.

Blake is a passing point guard. Goudelock is a shooting guard in a point guard's body, and honestly he doesn't make anyone better. He just hits his outside shots. Which is good, but he doesn't increase the flow of an offense. He's like another shannon brown. He shoots, he scores. Thats his personality.

We don't need this to be about blake or goudelock or barnes or ebanks....if you ask me, we just need better players. Our bench is a joke, whether you have goudelock in or not.

Goudelock is not the difference between a contender and WCF team. He's a rookie, that has shown flashes of goodness.

Why do we all just go to a dumpster and pick which piece of trash is more pleasing to us, when you have the supermarket right next to it to choose from? Oh! I know why! we don't have money!!! Maybe we can wait until next off-season to see what free agents are available and at what price. Until then, Blake + Goudelock don't mean anything. They're both whatever.

Edit: Also, Blake has been in the league much longer, and has faced much pressure compared to the rookie. Any coach in their right mind would go with that over the late second round draft pick.
    Last edited by lakerfreak; 04-10-2012 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak

Nobody knew why Phil kept using Luke Walton, but it happened until finally luke himself told coach itd be better for the team if he didnt start.

Blake is a passing point guard. Goudelock is a shooting guard in a point guard's body, and honestly he doesn't make anyone better. He just hits his outside shots. Which is good, but he doesn't increase the flow of an offense. He's like another shannon brown. He shoots, he scores. Thats his personality.

We don't need this to be about blake or goudelock or barnes or ebanks....if you ask me, we just need better players. Our bench is a joke, whether you have goudelock in or not.

Goudelock is not the difference between a contender and WCF team. He's a rookie, that has shown flashes of goodness.

Why do we all just go to a dumpster and pick which piece of trash is more pleasing to us, when you have the supermarket right next to it to choose from? Oh! I know why! we don't have money!!! Maybe we can wait until next off-season to see what free agents are available and at what price. Until then, Blake + Goudelock don't mean anything. They're both whatever.

Edit: Also, Blake has been in the league much longer, and has faced much pressure compared to the rookie. Any coach in their right mind would go with that over the late second round draft pick.
    Do you actually watch any of the games??????
    Blake cannot handle pressure situations at all, I said last year that he is the typical "Plays great on a bad team" player......once the bright lights in the big city hit him he immediately folded. /if he went to a bad team in a smell city you would see his play improve. Dude was pissin in his pants in the playoffs.....or as the announcer said about him.....Deer in the headlights.

On Max and Marcellus today they called him a DLeague guy who didn't belong in the NBA. That's far more harsh than I see it.....but bottom line is he cannot get it done in LA.
    You are beginning to sound like Mike Brown The bench can't score and you are not thinking about putting a scorer in, you are worried about offensive flow????? That is flat out ridiculous X 1,000.
    Goudelock makes things happen, outside and inside with that great floater he has. Blake is our dfish now....gives us nothing.
    The best coach in the NBA is known to give playing time to rookies and develop them.
    To say that a crap player is automatically better than a rookie is flat out lame....not worth a conversation.

Walton????? Wow......I almost said something really bad........do you not understand that Phil Jackson said he considers Luke "His Son"?????
    Yeah Phil said that....so he was playing his son, it's not like he thought Luke was any good. A ton of lameos on her actually thought Luke was an NBA level player Just stupid
    so any comparison in any way makes no sense at all.
    Your evaluation of talent is severely lacking.....SEVERELY

An argument has to make some form of sense.....yours didn't rise to that level....sorry bro
    Last edited by DKLaker; 04-10-2012 at 11:44 PM.

I want consistent minutes. And I know That goudelock isnt making anyone better, but at this point, steve blake doesnt. So I'd rather have someone out there who is a threat. Who can score.

Now in clutch situations, Obviouslywe have Ramon

NBA sixth man of the year

The only complaint I have about Mike Brown, and I don't have many, is this one. He continues to play Blake while not giving Goudelock any minutes, not even a chance to play. The veteran/rookie logic doesn't work here. You're assuming the veteran actually plays like a veteran. Blake has been turning the ball over as a backup at an alarming rate and his individual defense leaves much to be desired.

Continuing to play Blake over Goudelock is like continuing to play Walton over Ariza. And you already know how huge Ariza's 3 were for the Lakers in 2008-2009 (thank god Luke spoke up for Trevor for the good of the team). So yes, the difference DOES mean something. It could be the difference between winning and losing in close games in the playoffs. It's not like Goudelock hasn't proved himself. In fact, he's provided double digit scoring games off the bench in just about every game he's gotten at least 15 minutes, at home and on the road. How many other rookies, let alone veteran players can do that?

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    The only complaint I have about Mike Brown, and I don't have many, is this one. He continues to play Blake while not giving Goudelock any minutes, not even a chance to play. The veteran/rookie logic doesn't work here. You're assuming the veteran actually plays like a veteran. Blake has been turning the ball over as a backup at an alarming rate and his individual defense leaves much to be desired.

Continuing to play Blake over Goudelock is like continuing to play Walton over Ariza. And you already know how huge Ariza's 3 were for the Lakers in 2008-2009 (thank god Luke spoke up for Trevor for the good of the team). So yes, the difference DOES mean something. It could be the difference between winning and losing in close games in the playoffs. It's not like Goudelock hasn't proved himself. In fact, he's provided double digit scoring games off the bench in just about every game he's gotten at least 15 minutes, at home and on the road. How many other rookies, let alone veteran players can do that?
    Kinda silly for anyone to argue against the obvious
    Great post
    Last edited by DKLaker; 04-10-2012 at 11:57 PM.

Honestly, I am sick of this season. It doesn't feel like a typical Lakers season.. I truly hope the playoffs are better than this.. I don't like the vibe in Laker land ONE BIT, maybe it's just college stress but I am very much disappointed so far nba-wise..

Seems like it's 06 all over again with chemistry problems up and down the roster, players complaining and crying, coaches non-complacent at times letting stupid stuff go on (i know we had Phil in 06 but that Kobe trade situation was way too far), friction with ownership, team underperforming, too much Kobe-ball, fans angry for Lakers making moves with few short-term impacts, garbage bench, streakiness, low confidence and frustration in the body-language of players, etc etc.. just all-around disappointment season.. lets hope this season doesn't end the same way as 06 or even last.

I have my own complaints about Mike Brown's strategies especifically about not coming up with great setplays for the bench to run etc etc by my goodness, Every freaking play that leads to turnovers and defensive lapses are because of him? Are you kidding me?
    Somebody said some stars on this team have this cocky "I have 2 rings, you don't, so im not listening to you" attitude.
    Again, Im not saying Brown is doing great but I don't think he is doing a horrible job.
    This team is 14 games above .500, Their leader and best player has his career worst shooting % at 42% and yet the team is 7th best in team FG%.
    9th best in assists/game with the majority of the season, not having the top15 PGs in the league.
    7th best in opponents FG%,
    2nd best in rebounding behind the Bulls.
    I like Goudelock too. Gosh, I'll rather see him take 10 floaters/runners than Kobe's 22 footers but there must be legit reasons why he is not playing enough minutes. All we see is that he is a great scorer. How sure are we that he can really understand the system, when to cut, how fast he can rotate on defensive situations?
    I like Freaks analogy bringing up Shannon Brown. The guy looked great with his thunder dunks and high fly acts but somebody aside from me( Picc) pointed out how horrible he is making those entry passes....

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    I have my own complaints about Mike Brown's strategies especifically about not coming up with great setplays for the bench to run etc etc by my goodness, Every freaking play that leads to turnovers and defensive lapses are because of him? Are you kidding me?
    Somebody said some stars on this team have this cocky "I have 2 rings, you don't, so im not listening to you" attitude.
    Again, Im not saying Brown is doing great but I don't think he is doing a horrible job.
    This team is 14 games above .500, Their leader and best player has his career worst shooting % at 42% and yet the team is 7th best in team FG%.
    9th best in assists/game with the majority of the season, not having the top15 PGs in the league.
    7th best in opponents FG%,
    2nd best in rebounding behind the Bulls.
    I like Goudelock too. Gosh, I'll rather see him take 10 floaters/runners than Kobe's 22 footers but there must be legit reasons why he is not playing enough minutes. All we see is that he is a great scorer. How sure are we that he can really understand the system, when to cut, how fast he can rotate on defensive situations?
    I like Freaks analogy bringing up Shannon Brown. The guy looked great with his thunder dunks and high fly acts but somebody aside from me( Picc) pointed out how horrible he is making those entry passes....

Stats are largely meaningless........that's why you have to watch the actual games. Our 14 games over .500.....so what? do you actually think we are playing well??? Do you realize haw many crappy teams we lost to? How many times we barely won against crap teams? how many games we played against teams missing their top 1, 2, 3, 4 or all 5 starters......yet still managed to lose or barely win? The players will always buy into a coach who knows what he is doing and knows how to manage players.....Brown completely lacks any of this. Imagine at your job you've been doing for a long time and you KNOW exactly how to do things.....now some idiot gets hired and he doesn't know sh!t, tells you to do things that don't work and don't make any sense, doesn't know how to communicate with you........honestly, how would you feel?
    If you take pride in your work at all you wouldn't want to work for him at all and probably start looking for another job. If you really don't care and just want to float through not caring about the quality of your work or the future of the company then you'd just shrug and do all the dumb stuff as the company fails. In this case, the Lakers know they have the players to make a run.....if only they had a real coach who could COACH...it's insulting to them to waste a season saddled with trying to overcome the idiot's bad coaching.

We saw Goudelock play already, we know he's better than Blake, we know with him we will score more points than with Blake, I know that he's a better, faster defender. Mike Brown was interviewed and questioned WHY Goudelock wasn't playing......this was his chance to give a legitimate reason.....you know something that would make us say "Oh, that's why", instead he came up with the dumbest answer possible........even his own kids are going

I very honestly, very sadly don't see much hope for this team in the playoffs.....solely because of the idiot coach.......something has to be done about this at the end of the season....seriously or we are doomed .

Kinda ridiculous to compare Goudelock to Shannon Brown.......it's completely baseless, two different players.......like comparing DFish to Sessions.
    Last edited by DKLaker; 04-11-2012 at 02:02 AM.