Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: Draft Busts For 2012

Going into the draft I didn't like Waiters (I will be right on this) and Lillard (oops). I also thought Austin Rivers would be solid.

3-time NBA All-Star

I'm not saying he's a bust, as its only halfway through his first season in the league..... but I thought Thomas Robinson would have a much bigger impact as a rookie than he's showed so far.

Its tough to say what exactly has caused this considering how dysfunctional Sactown is as a franchise, and how much attention there is on the whole DMC melodrama, but i thought his skills and character would be a nice fit for what the Kings had going last year.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Going into the draft I didn't like Waiters (I will be right on this) and Lillard (oops). I also thought Austin Rivers would be solid.
    I also thought the Waiters selection was a big-time stretch.... especially considering the variety of prospects available to draft at #4:

Barnes (polish, offense)
    Drummond (size, potential)
    Robinson (motor, immediate help)

It seems to me that there will always be a surplus of effective undersized 2-guards that can create their own shot.... so unless they though Waiters would be the next Dwyane Wade it seemed like they could have gone a different (better) direction

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    I'm not saying he's a bust, as its only halfway through his first season in the league..... but I thought Thomas Robinson would have a much bigger impact as a rookie than he's showed so far.

Its tough to say what exactly has caused this considering how dysfunctional Sactown is as a franchise, and how much attention there is on the whole DMC melodrama, but i thought his skills and character would be a nice fit for what the Kings had going last year.
    As off late hes been beastly in particular impacting the game, he should be starting over Jason Thompson at this point. He has probably been the key in the Kings last couple wins, like when he blocked Wall to allow the Kings to get a go ahead basket.

The problem with T-Rob all year has been he only seems to thrive out there when hes got Cousins next to him and a shooter or two and for the most part he has only played with the bench guys who outside of Hayes have completely sucked all year.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    As off late hes been beastly in particular impacting the game, he should be starting over Jason Thompson at this point. He has probably been the key in the Kings last couple wins, like when he blocked Wall to allow the Kings to get a go ahead basket.

The problem with T-Rob all year has been he only seems to thrive out there when hes got Cousins next to him and a shooter or two and for the most part he has only played with the bench guys who outside of Hayes have completely sucked all year.
    I will be the first to admit that I haven't watched a single second of in-game-footage of the Sacramento Kings this year, so all I can base my opinion upon is box-scores (Cousins is on my fantasy team) and highlights.

I just thought that a dysfunctional team like the Kings would welcome a player like Robinson (at least the T-Rob that the general public sees)

If they can get their shit together in Sacramento/FutureSeattle, TRob/DMC has the potential to be nasty-as-f*ck frontline in terms of rebounding and physicality.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

midatlantic09 should be a GM.

Quote Originally Posted by midatlantic09
    I can't agree with you on this. I've followed Rivers since his sophomore year in high school and I think he'll will end up averaging something like 22 pts/4 rebs/6 ast at his peak in the NBA. The guy has an incredible first step, a decent jumper, excellent handles, can pretty much get to the hoop or create his own shot whenever he wants, has a high basketball IQ, seems like the type who will literally do whatever it takes to improve drastically each year, and has done very well against current NBA players in summer league games. If he were a legit 6'6, he'd be a top 3 pick in the draft.

Trust me when I tell you he was ranked the #1 high school bball player in America by Rivals and #3 by ESPN and Scout for a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    People're hating on Davis so they can bump threads in 3 years if he blows out his knee like they knew something no one else did. Then they remember he turned 19 like 3 weeks ago and that whole "HOLY SHIT HE DOESN'T WEIGHT 250!" shit sounds even stupider. This time of year is what sucks for the draft prospects. People watch 4 games of Player X andhe's not current Dwight or Lebron so he must not be any good.

Davis is a legitimate franchise maker. If it weren't for Jordan being a complete moron I'd be incredibly happy for Bobcats fans. The fans absolutely deserve him, the management doesn't at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinJDW
    Davis and MKG got star potential written all over them. Sullinger and Barnes can go either way depending on where they get drafted, but I think Barnes has the higher ceiling. Haven't watched much of Drummond.

Austin Rivers though, really should stay in school for another year. I haven't seen another player in years that would benefit so much from it. I know he wants to get paid, but right now I don't see him doing anything in this league for at least a good 3-4 years. NBA defenders will eat him alive. I always wonder, what the hell does Coach K tell these kids?
    You're going to look quite foolish when I bump this in 3 years.
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 11-17-2013 at 12:35 AM.

Smh @ those calling Drummond a bust

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    idk but this dude looks real nice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHBDW6tNcvo
    oh lawd