Local High School Star

Default Re: Draft Busts For 2012

I personally think the following will be draft busts:

*Anthony Davis (if he goes top 3)
    *MKG (if he goes top 5)
    *Jared Sullinger (if he goes top 10)
    *Harrison Barnes (if he goes top 5)
    *Andre Drummond (if he goes top 3)

...and those who I think will end up being better in the NBA than predicted:

*Austin Rivers
    *Jeremy Lamb
    *Tony Wroten (if he comes out)
    *Brad Beal
    Last edited by midatlantic09; 04-04-2012 at 02:03 AM.

Don't understand why in the hell some of you think Anthony Davis will be a role player at best, have you watched him play? He handles the ball like a guard, he's already a dominant defensive forces, he has an underrated offensive game and plays hard and is a great rebounder, as long as he adds strength to his lower body, he will be just as good in the NBA. Not to mention he has a high basketball IQ and a good attitude and he plays hard all the time. Please tell me how he's only going to be a role player, or even a bust?

The Busts in this draft IMO will be:

Andre Drummond simply because he's not nearly ready yet, he needs 3 years in college, but he'll go pro and will bust IMO.

Harrison Banres - He could either be a star or a bust, overall not a top talent.

Perry Jones - He has all the tools but he disappears in games too much.
    Last edited by irondarts; 04-04-2012 at 02:00 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by midatlantic09
    I personally think the following will be draft busts:

*Anthony Davis (if he goes top 3)
    *MKG (if he goes top 5)
    *Jared Sullinger (if he goes top 10)
    *Harrison Barnes (if he goes top 5)
    *Andre Drummond (if he goes top 3)

*Austin Rivers
    *Jeremy Lamb
    *Brad Beal

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by midatlantic09

*Austin Rivers
    *Jeremy Lamb
    *Brad Beal

I think Rivers will be a bust although he is projected to be a mid first round pick which isn't that high and isn't filled with much expectations. Rivers should really just stay in school for another year or two. I don't think Austin is ready yet.

I forgot about Sullinger for some reason and I do think he could be an all-star. Is it official that he'll go to the draft though?
    Last edited by StateOfMind12; 04-04-2012 at 02:27 AM.

I luv how thee haters are sayin' tht Austin Rivers has no shot in tha L. Have ya really not seen n e of his games? Dude is strong, he got that strentgh, he's fast, he's got tht speed, he can peterenate, split defedenders... he's gonna be good.

#HEATNATION

You could tell Rivers has that killer instinct you like to see in young guys. If he follows some of the right footsteps in the league, then I think he can flourish and be an All star at least. And idiots putting down Davis as a bust clearly only seen the championship game and judged him solely off that. "ZomG he went 1-10 from the field, he has no offense in his game at all!"

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12

I think Rivers will be a bust although he is projected to be a mid first round pick which isn't that high and isn't filled with much expectations. Rivers should really just stay in school for another year or two. I don't think Austin is ready yet.
    I can't agree with you on this. I've followed Rivers since his sophomore year in high school and I think he'll will end up averaging something like 22 pts/4 rebs/6 ast at his peak in the NBA. The guy has an incredible first step, a decent jumper, excellent handles, can pretty much get to the hoop or create his own shot whenever he wants, has a high basketball IQ, seems like the type who will literally do whatever it takes to improve drastically each year, and has done very well against current NBA players in summer league games. If he were a legit 6'6, he'd be a top 3 pick in the draft.

Trust me when I tell you he was ranked the #1 high school bball player in America by Rivals and #3 by ESPN and Scout for a reason.
    Last edited by midatlantic09; 04-04-2012 at 03:06 AM.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Rivers can't dribble to his left and can't play defense. He's going to be a scrub. He will sit on someone's bench for a few years and either wash out or become a decent player with hard work. But it's going to take awhile.
    Drummond is very raw. Not sure what kind of work ethic he has, but he has a high bust potential.
    I think Davis will be a good player. He could be a Dwight Howard with less strength, but with a jumper. He could also be a Marcus Campy. Or even a Pervis Ellison who came out of school very skilled but never lived up to his potential.
    Sullinger if he's a hard worker could become a solid player, but I don't see him being anything extra.
    Barnes could be a bust. It really depends where he plays and how he's used.
    This draft should have solid players..but it's not a great draft as advertised.

Decent playground baller

Rivers = Tyreke Evans...he's essentially a scrub if the ball isn't in his hands. He checks out on plays drawn up for Curry

MKG & Davis are the only two players in the draft who will earn All-NBA honors in this draft.

Davis will have a 15/10/3/3 season at least once in his career. He's as close to a lock for at least one DPOY as I've ever seen. He comes in and adds 15 wins to a team next year strictly because of his effort and defensive acumen.

MKG has that "it" factor that is just visible when watching some players. His performance in the title game really impressed me on multiple levels. He was getting HAMMERED in the post with no fouls getting called & didn't appear flustered once. He's a Top 20 on-ball wing defender by his second season in the NBA. I see no situation where MKG doesn't at least = Gerald Wallace.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Are any of the OP's post more than 3 sentences?

You should ask the ones who are responsible for Blazers draft choices they seem to have a good eye on busts :)

Back to Business

idk y people are so quick to label a player a bust.i feel like the only way a player becomes a bust is if he is one of two things...always hurt or never gets playing time for lack of skills and is out of the league in two to three years.none of these guys will be that.lets just face it.u cant even really call kwame brown a bust,he was overreated.he should have never came out of high school.never ever.greg oden is a bust.hasheem thabeet should be a bust but teams keep giving him the benefit of the doubt just because he is like 7'3 with a 7'10 wingspan.

Dunking on everybody in the park CardiacKemba's Avatar

Sullinger, Drummond, Barnes.

Kidd-Gilchrist and Lamb could go either way.

Rivers will end up a poor mans Ellis.

Not sure if Davis will live up to the 'hype' or franchise tag he's being promoted as, but I think he will be successful enough to not be considered a bust.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

idk but this dude looks real nice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHBDW6tNcvo