Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Magic Johnson

Default Re: Odom to leave Mavs, sit out remainder of season

I don't understand why Odom's court production is so heavily scrutinized. Plenty of guys fall off for one reason or another. It seems like Dallas, particularly Cuban and Carlisle, are taking this way too personally. Odom's on the downside of his career, and he's also got a bunch of personal issues he has to sort through. Extending him that leave of absence earlier in the year and now letting him leave the team are nice gestures, but they're sort of masked by the public complaints about his work ethic and motivation.

Saw a basketball once

Yeah, except they've never done that. Unless people on this board are Mavs representatives.

5-time NBA All-Star

So the Mavs just go uncompensated and he isn't fined??? He almost undermined the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    So the Mavs just go uncompensated and he isn't fined??? He almost undermined the team.
    this, how can he got scott free on this, even if Mavs keep him as trade bait, who in his right mind will risk trading for him. If he wasnt in his right state of mind he should have just not played or retired.

I don't understand why Odom's court production is so heavily scrutinized. Plenty of guys fall off for one reason or another. It seems like Dallas, particularly Cuban and Carlisle, are taking this way too personally. Odom's on the downside of his career, and he's also got a bunch of personal issues he has to sort through. Extending him that leave of absence earlier in the year and now letting him leave the team are nice gestures, but they're sort of masked by the public complaints about his work ethic and motivation.
    Im sure if you guys acquired a player of his caliber who was still fairly young and played the way Odom is playing you would have also been crying for his head.

Damn imagine if we just traded for Gerald Wallace instead of this guy.

ban him for life.
    let's see how he likes china.

NBA rookie of the year

Complelty unprofessional on his part, but he was always one who needed coddling.

Bet you Pat Riley goes after for a 3rd time this summer though.

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

hard to believe that a pro athlete who grew up on gritty streets of NYC is so mentally SOFT.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH MY BODY
    Odom played the Mavs
    This so much. I've said since day one that Lamar was sent here by the Lakers to ruin our season. They are still salty about the MDM and they planted Lame Lame to screw with us.

Sashay away ahole, you are officially the worst Maverick of all time.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

^^^ you're a fool if you literally think the Odom came here to sabatage the Mavs to get revenge for last year's sweep

If he really did do that, the joke is on him...it is at his expense...his rep is now complete garbage

and the Mavs have moved on

the Mav's Championship team was ripped apart with or without Odom...he didn't do any damage that wasn't already there...we are 0-7 WITHOUT him

The ISH'ers Champion!

Cuban thinking he got another steal. Mitch set him straight....

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    ^^^ you're a fool if you literally think the Odom came here to sabatage the Mavs to get revenge for last year's sweep

If he really did do that, the joke is on him...it is at his expense...his rep is now complete garbage

and the Mavs have moved on

the Mav's Championship team was ripped apart with or without Odom...he didn't do any damage that wasn't already there...we are 0-7 WITHOUT him
    It's sabotage...and it's a joke. Much like Lame-ar's season this year.

NBA Superstar

i just heard they're paying him for the rest of the season

how the hell does that work? dude practically gives up on your team, lies about his father being so ill, lets everyone know he doesn't want to be there, so he gets to go home while being paid?!!!1

i don't even get why Cuban is holding on to him, to think he can get anything for Odom at this point, unless Kupchak is sympathetic and will do a trade-back. I'd get it if Cuban gave him to the Hornets or Bobcats for free just to humiliate him, but to pay him for the rest of the season and let him go home?

makes no sense to reward a quitter, especially one that quit on YOUR team...real disappointed in you Cuban if you're reading this. you shouldn't have even let him go with having to be with his father BS....

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Teanett
    i hope he dies or at least gets hurt so he will never play again.
    ****in asshole. you know what? just die!

good

Azubuike got called up too, even better.
    Last edited by DirkNowitzki41; 04-09-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
    this, how can he got scott free on this, even if Mavs keep him as trade bait, who in his right mind will risk trading for him. If he wasnt in his right state of mind he should have just not played or retired.

Im sure if you guys acquired a player of his caliber who was still fairly young and played the way Odom is playing you would have also been crying for his head.

Damn imagine if we just traded for Gerald Wallace instead of this guy.
    I would be pissed, as would Kupchak and Buss, but neither of them would have publicly called out Lamar and questioned his commitment and desire to help the team.