Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Rose just ether Bayless

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)

Skip's little monologue about how he never got his chance was pathetic, after all he's said about other athletes and even had Bosh ask him to stop he ever never did. But not that he went through this "horrible" experience it's suddenly over the line? **** outta here.
    Yea I saw that. I was seriously wondering if this was the same guy. Him being upset about KD calling him out to the point that he had to be consoled by his mother and now this has made him look really bad. Not much worse then a grown ass sensitive man that can dish criticism then looks for sympathy when the tables are turned.

There needs to be a YouTube clip of this episode. I missed everything.

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    dude, stop riding SAS. at one point smith was making animal noises because rose was just killing him with details and examples over and over.
    Yep, watched the whole thing and I feel that Rose made the most valid and logical points. I agree with Rose's sentiment on it while Stephen A. and SKip seemed to be hypocritical and inconsistent on certain points.

I don't have the patience to sit here and argue post after post about this but that's my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Yep, watched the whole thing and I feel that Rose made the most valid and logical points. I agree with Rose's sentiment on it while Stephen A. and SKip seemed to be hypocritical and inconsistent on certain points.

I don't have the patience to sit here and argue post after post about this but that's my 2 cents.
    lol you have proved urself to be an idiot yet again. Bravo.
    When all your points are destroyed it means you lose.

Gosh damn America's Education System.

I swear to god I'm gonna lose my mind if i see another one of these numb skulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladers
    lol you have proved urself to be an idiot yet again. Bravo.
    When all your points are destroyed it means you lose.

Gosh damn America's Education System.

I swear to god I'm gonna lose my mind if i see another one of these numb skulls.
    Where did that come from? I've never had an issue with you.

You might want to work on your grammar and spelling before you attempt to insult intelligence. ****ing Jesus loving ******s.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Where did that come from? I've never had an issue with you.

You might want to work on your grammar and spelling before you attempt to insult intelligence. ****ing Jesus loving ******s.
    Don't bother with him, he's lets say the Skip Bayless of this forum. Actually that might be an insult to Skip Bayless.

High School Starter mentallooser's Avatar

Rose's basic argument was fine, but "you were a shitty athlete so you know nothing" is a terrible argument to make. Skip deserved to have his feeling hurt though. Dude is horrid.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I missed some of this, but if Rose was trying to say that there are no scrubs in the NBA....he is an idiot.

As much as I despise Bayless...he has every right to say anything he wants as long as its not just completely fabricated. He's just offering his opinions.

And former athletes acting like they know more than people that didn't play is absurd. If it was so easy to predict who was going to win and everything....they'd be right all the time. And they are almost always wrong.

NBA Superstar

In the interest of full disclosure, I originally thought this thread was about a Derrick Rose/Jerryd Bayless beef.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I missed some of this, but if Rose was trying to say that there are no scrubs in the NBA....he is an idiot.

As much as I despise Bayless...he has every right to say anything he wants as long as its not just completely fabricated. He's just offering his opinions.

And former athletes acting like they know more than people that didn't play is absurd. If it was so easy to predict who was going to win and everything....they'd be right all the time. And they are almost always wrong.
    Missed some? Seems you missed alot with these points. Jalen Rose made his point about the scrub argument.

And Skip has every right to say what he feels unless things are said to him he finds personal, offensive and cries uncle. WHICH he did yesterday. Jalen Rose issue is guys like him need stop crossing that line where they are offending players and questioning their character. Calling Bosh...Bosh Spice which implies he plays like a girl ala soft. Rose opinion is Skip shouldnt be cool with going that route. He needs to get away with being famous for going these routes.

Bosh told Skip he takes offense to Skip using his name in that manner. He takes pride in his name. Skip said he would still call him that name so long as he doesnt play a certain way (in Skip eyes). So you're saying thats ok for Skip to say and he has every right? Come on.

Yet when Skip is attacked and not just with Rose? Skip cries foul. You cant draw up a line for people not to cross. But you're steady crossing the line because you feel you are right and justified in what you are doing. Thats moronic.

I guess you watched bits n pieces of the show.

3-time NBA All-Star

Who are almost always wrong? Alot of them disagree with each other. There opinions vary just as much as non-former player media members. Thats not saying much.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Missed some? Seems you missed alot with these points. Jalen Rose made his point about the scrub argument.

And Skip has every right to say what he feels unless things are said to him he finds personal, offensive and cries uncle. WHICH he did yesterday. Jalen Rose issue is guys like him need stop crossing that line where they are offending players and questioning their character. Calling Bosh...Bosh Spice which implies he plays like a girl ala soft. Rose opinion is Skip shouldnt be cool with going that route. He needs to get away with being famous for going these routes.

Bosh told Skip he takes offense to Skip using his name in that manner. He takes pride in his name. Skip said he would still call him that name so long as he doesnt play a certain way (in Skip eyes). So you're saying thats ok for Skip to say and he has every right? Come on.

Yet when Skip is attacked and not just with Rose? Skip cries foul. You cant draw up a line for people not to cross. But you're steady crossing the line because you feel you are right and justified in what you are doing. Thats moronic.

I guess you watched bits n pieces of the show.
    Well, Jalen was just not accurate when he called out Skip though...right?

I heard Skip say that he says things like that when he feels its about on court play. Does bosh not deserve a nick name like that? LOL...its actually perfect and perfectly sums up his weak ass play.

Skip isn't just a journalist anymore. He's an entertainer. The show first take is a debate show and isn't really the standard media platform.

Like I said, I didn't see the whole thing. But I did see SAS roast Rose on a lot of his points.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Who are almost always wrong? Alot of them disagree with each other. There opinions vary just as much as non-former player media members. Thats not saying much.
    That is the point. Former athletes are just no better than the average journalist in predicting outcomes or understanding sports. In reality, its the sports writers closest to teams that have the best feel for them.

Like Marc Stein in Dallas. He knows far more about the Mavs than any former athlete like Legler or Rose or Mullin on ESPN.

Playing a sport professionally does not make you special in this regard. You always hear the...."you wouldn't know because you didn't play"....that is fine, but anyone with two eyes can see some of this stuff and comment on it.

I heard Skip say that he says things like that when he feels its about on court play. Does bosh not deserve a nick name like that? LOL...its actually perfect and perfectly sums up his weak ass play.

Skip isn't just a journalist anymore. He's an entertainer. The show first take is a debate show and isn't really the standard media platform.

Like I said, I didn't see the whole thing. But I did see SAS roast Rose on a lot of his points.
    Exactly and this is what people fail to see. First Take is not sports center, its not FOX NEWS.

They don't sit behind a chair and read a tele prompter.

Rose got destroyed and wholely deserved it.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Well if he's an entertainer, then I guess he was trying to entertain us when he pretty much cried when Durant called him out and when Rose called him out about the HS stats? Again the main issue is that he can make fun of other people, but when done to him he starts to cry.