Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81516171819 LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups barnett114's Avatar

Default Re: Rose just ether Bayless

Bladers stop it.

3-time NBA All-Star

By the way, what Skip initially said about his HS career still comes across as a lie. Thats something I wish Rose pointed out. Whether Skip didn't intentionally mean to lie, or whether its cause he didn't mention more information even though he thought about that, its still a lie especially given an athlete's standards. When an athlete makes an off-hand comment thats quoted or videotaped, that comment is etched in stone and people hold them to it 100% despite the fact that athletes blurt out things leaving out all the information, or make opinions that they didn't really think too much about or change their mind all the time just like all people do. They're human. So given that standard, which is what Skip and every media member does, Skip was still lying.

I don't see how anyone can say Rose "won" that argument. Dude was just spewing a bunch of idealistic nonsense. Though it's really strange, I'd never expect him of all people to be advocating these types of things. Guy was one of the biggest trash talkers in NBA history.

It's part of being famous/a celebrity in this media age. With things like TMZ and all of that garbage out there, if you're a big name, you're going to get slandered at some point. There's just no getting around it.

I can see where Skip is coming from and I agree with him. If the name calling is related to their performance on the court, I don't see how it's crossing the line. It's not like he's out there calling Bosh a f@ggot or something. Same goes for nicknames like Tony Romeo that are just little jabs. Like how sensitive are people nowadays? I'm sorry but if Tony Romo or even Chris Bosh for that matter are getting offended by and losing sleep over harmless nicknames like Bosh Spice and Tony Romeo, then that's just pathetic. Grow a pair, seriously.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
    Hell, Bosh went on record to say that the Bosh Spice thing he didn't like at all, and felt disrespected from it.
    The funny thing is Skip says he doesn't call him Bosh Spice anymore cause his play this year has improved. What's changed? He still plays like a soft PF. His rebounding has even gotten worse, and ironically his best games were when Wade was out, which I'm sure Skip won't dare point out. Its almost like Skip's opinion of him is invalidated now and it looks like the guy doesn't really watch enough or do enough research like he says he does. I don't know what it is. Maybe Skip actually started liking the guy and on camera only said he would keep calling him that just to keep up his reputation. And if thats the case, that means Rose's point that both Skip and SAS shot down that they won't talk bad about certain players they like is on point.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    I don't see how anyone can say Rose "won" that argument. Dude was just spewing a bunch of idealistic nonsense. Though it's really strange, I'd never expect him of all people to be advocating these types of things. Guy was one of the biggest trash talkers in NBA history.

It's part of being famous/a celebrity in this media age. With things like TMZ and all of that garbage out there, if you're a big name, you're going to get slandered at some point. There's just no getting around it.

I can see where Skip is coming from and I agree with him. If the name calling is related to their performance on the court, I don't see how it's crossing the line. It's not like he's out there calling Bosh a f@ggot or something. Same goes for nicknames like Tony Romeo that are just little jabs. Like how sensitive are people nowadays? I'm sorry but if Tony Romo or even Chris Bosh for that matter are getting offended by and losing sleep over harmless nicknames like Bosh Spice and Tony Romeo, then that's just pathetic. Grow a pair, seriously.
    Yea I don't see the big deal in Tony Romeo. I think in Bosh's case though, he was getting shit from his family which is why he brought that up when he was on the show. I could understand that.

If Rose won, its cause he exposed Skip as a sensitive hypocrite. Skip definitely didn't win anything. Looking for sympathy by pointing out his childhood and how he had such a great time with Chris Carter was just downright pathetic.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku

This thing is though Skip got all butt hurt about the HS thing so he isn't one to talk about things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
    This thing is though Skip got all butt hurt about the HS thing so he isn't one to talk about things like this.

This

I rule the local playground MASH Transit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    To paraphrase something your boy LeBron once said: doesnt really matter to me what you think, you still have to wake up tomorrow living the same shitty life you had the day before
    So why are you posting on this board? Do you not find the task of needlessly reading through a forums worth of posts you view as immaterial and irrelevant a daunting, tedious, and mundane task? I dare say I'd quickly find a new hobby, subtract about a thousand posts and a few years time(the hour glass is active, ya know) and spend the rest of my existence amongst that which I give value. Seems the most logical route.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caliman
    You mean like when he wrote that Troy Aikman was gay in his book on the Dallas Cowboys? Or when he wrote the Emmitt Smith faked separating his shoulder in the game against the Giants in the 1990's?
    Exactly. Just like that. That is crossing the line...and that idiot got run out of the city I lived in for doing that.

Look. I hate Skip. I've said so repeatedly. In this case though...I don't see what he does on first take as wrong. I see him as a talking head entertainer that comes across poorly, but its entertaining even for me sometimes.

Calling someone bosh spice and making up lies about sexuality is exactly what I'm talking. Its hugely different.

bookmarked podcast. will listen to later time.

just the thought of skip crying and acting emotional makes me
    Jalen Rose is one of my favorite ESPN guys now

3-time NBA All-Star

Another thing, his monologue in the beginning he said something along the lines of his experience in HS fueled him to what he has become today in the media. He's basically admitting that he is an accurate portrayal of what many athletes view media members like him as: Someone that couldn't make it into sports so now makes a living off criticizing those that did make it into sports.

Banned

Rose is not on First take right now

Not really when you consider how Skip comes across as someone that thinks he knows everything, never admits when he's wrong, highly exaggerates alot of things, and delivers numerous low blows to people on that show.
    Yea that describes skip's on-screen persona pretty accurately. You gotta admit though the way he delivers on his gimmick has kept him in the media spotlight for this long and he knows it... hell it's probably why he won an Emmy

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold
    Yea that describes skip's on-screen persona pretty accurately. You gotta admit though the way he delivers on his gimmick has kept him in the media spotlight for this long and he knows it... hell it's probably why he won an Emmy
    He's hilarious, brings up great points many times, and is very entertaining. Doesn't change the negatives though.