Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: 100 Greatest Hip-Hop Artist of All-Time (According to ISH)

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    kissel make ur top 25 rite now
    Top 25 in no order:

NaS
    Public Enemy
    NWA
    Outkast
    Queen Latifah
    2Pac
    Notorious B.I.G.
    Emenim
    Big Daddy Kane
    Eric B. & Rakim
    LL Cool J (take that ace23)
    Wu Tang Clan
    Ice Cube
    Scarface
    Geto Boyz
    Beastie Boys
    Boogie Down Productions
    Run-D.M.C.
    Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five
    A Tribe Called Quest
    Salt-N-Pepa
    Ice T
    J-Zee
    Kool Moe Dee
    EPMD
    Slick Rick

OF course this might change, I just did this off the top of the dome.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

I came in this thread and I thought it would be serious mfer but this shit is a joke thread,,,these mfer won't take seriously anyway so **** this thread ass n!gga mfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundress
    I came in this thread and I thought it would be serious mfer but this shit is a joke thread,,,these mfer won't take seriously anyway so **** this thread ass n!gga mfer.
    Hey MFER, is was supposed to be serious. It can still be serious, give some input.

that is verry absurd. u outdid urself
    What is your top 25?

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Top 25 in no order:

NaS
    Public Enemy
    NWA
    Outkast
    Queen Latifah
    2Pac
    Notorious B.I.G.
    Emenim
    Big Daddy Kane
    Eric B. & Rakim
    LL Cool J (take that ace23)
    Wu Tang Clan
    Ice Cube
    Scarface
    Geto Boyz
    Beastie Boys
    Boogie Down Productions
    Run-D.M.C.
    Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five
    A Tribe Called Quest
    Salt-N-Pepa
    Ice T
    J-Zee
    Kool Moe Dee
    EPMD
    Slick Rick

OF course this might change, I just did this off the top of the dome.
    The thread is 100 GREATEST, not 25 most historic or influential. The bolded are kinda wack way too often for this list. We talking best of the best, not just name recognition.

Also, if u have a min, can u link me to your favorite Kool Moe Dee, A Tribe Called Quest and Boogie Down Productions joints? Although I'm really not very and have never been big on KRS-One

Quote Originally Posted by ROCSteady
    The thread is 100 GREATEST, not 25 most historic or influential. The bolded are kinda wack way too often for this list. We talking best of the best, not just name recognition.

Also, if u have a min, can u link me to your favorite Kool Moe Dee, A Tribe Called Quest and Boogie Down Productions joints? Although I'm really not very and have never been big on KRS-One
    How are they wack? Please explain?

Or do you just want a group of artist post 2000?

These type of threads suck because everyone here is god damn lazy. No one wants to write shit. No one wants to explain why they have each rapper at a certain spot but I'll do it through 25.

How are they wack? Please explain?

Or do you just want a group of artist post 2000?
    No, not even. Just don't really like the style and tone of certain artists that people hold in high esteem as it pertains to the entire spectrum and history of rap/hip-hop.

Personal opinion. Who the **** rolls around bumpin Queen Latifah, Salt-n-Pepa or Beastie Boys albums??

These styles just seem very outdated and chessy now

No, not even. Just don't really like the style and tone of certain artists that people hold in high esteem as it pertains to the entire spectrum and history of rap/hip-hop.

Personal opinion. Who the **** rolls around bumpin Queen Latifah, Salt-n-Pepa or Beastie Boys albums??

These styles just seem very outdated and chessy now
    What does that have to do with anything. They were great in their time. Like I said, it sounds lie you just want a list post 2000 cause you just sated cats back in 1988 are wack now.

Of course a Salt-N-Pepa album released in 1987 would sound dated, it was released 25 years ago. A 2Pac album released in 1991 sounds dated too.

I'm not sure where you're goin with this, should we just delete artist pre 2000 or something?

What does that have to do with anything. They were great in their time. Like I said, it sounds lie you just want a list post 2000 cause you just sated cats back in 1988 are wack now.

Of course a Salt-N-Pepa album released in 1987 would sound dated, it was released 25 years ago. A 2Pac album released in 1991 sounds dated too.

I'm not sure where you're goin with this, should we just delete artist pre 2000 or something?
    Wow, you're reaching. NO. Not pre 2000, it's not like I just started listening to rap when in fact I've been a die-hard fan of the flow since I was in elementary school.

People just have their personal tastes and I like a little more edge. A lot of great rap music,2pac and Wu-Tang for example, doesn't sound it's age and still sounds fresh. A lot of rap from before the '90s has just aged terribly, unlike otehr genres of music

Where I'm going with this is that I just don't get down with stuff that sounds overly pop-ish or rudimentary, stylistically. Internal rhyme schemes is where it's at. A lot can be done with the medium and isn't exemplified by the artists I brought up.

Wow, you're reaching. NO. Not pre 2000, it's not like I just started listening to rap when in fact I've been a die-hard fan of the flow since I was in elementary school.

People just have their personal tastes and I like a little more edge. A lot of great rap music,2pac and Wu-Tang for example, doesn't sound it's age and still sounds fresh. A lot of rap from before the '90s has just aged terribly, unlike otehr genres of music

Where I'm going with this is that I just don't get down with stuff that sounds overly pop-ish or rudimentary, stylistically. A lot can be done with the medium and isn't exemplified by the artists I brought up.
    I'm not reaching, you said they were wack, all the groups you highlights peaked in the late 80s or early 90s.

And hip-hop hasn't changes since the late 90s, that's why it seems some stuff from the 90s sounds fresh. But that a whole different topic.

Also you're telling me 36 Chambers doesn't sound dated? Illmatic ... all that shit sounds dated. They're great albums, but they sound dated.

Alright here's some top 10 canidates: 2pac, nas, jayz, biggie, wu tang, eminem, nwa,

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    These type of threads suck because everyone here is god damn lazy. No one wants to write shit. No one wants to explain why they have each rapper at a certain spot but I'll do it through 25.
    Not to mention it's downright confusing. What does 'greatest artists' even mean? Are we judging based on lyrics? Album sales? Most swag? Someone can say Tupac because of his discography and legacy, but another guy will come out and mention some no name rapper saying he's much more lyrical than any of the big name artists. Without a set criteria these type of threads never work out. Even in the GOAT NBA player thread people had trouble ranking players because they couldn't properly mix the individual talent and win success.

How about this criteria:

(1-10)
    Fame:
    Lyrics:
    Flow:
    Freestyle:
    Sales:
    Overall:

it's not even about what sounds dated. salt n pepa are not top 100 greatest hip hop artists.