Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Micheal Jordan vs Sonics defense 1996 finals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WpkXlrJxtw&nomobile=1 I count so many plays that would of been called a foul today its not even funny

Local High School Star WillyJakk's Avatar

Default Re: Micheal Jordan vs Sonics defense 1996 finals

Thank you thank you thank you for posting this.

This takes me back to MY NBA, this is what I loved about the game.

These stars like D Wade (who is great in this era) couldn't withstand it in the 90's.

He hates getting touched now, imagine what GP woulda done to him.

LeBron would still be laying on the court wincing and holding the wrong shoulder or ankle after being defended like this, he'd have to look on the Jumbotron (as usual) to see which side of the body he actually got fouled on just so he could get some fake sympathy from the refs/ fans.

im a superhero

jordan got treated like a princess that finals. if it was called properly sonics would have gone home with the title.

i remember watching this and being amazed at special calls that only michael got.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Are u serious? I see the same stuff today.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donald_trump
    jordan got treated like a princess that finals. if it was called properly sonics would have gone home with the title.

i remember watching this and being amazed at special calls that only michael got.
    Special calls, wow. Agenda much? So you just hate on anything that has anything to with Jordan and the Bulls.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WillyJakk
    Thank you thank you thank you for posting this.

This takes me back to MY NBA, this is what I loved about the game.

These stars like D Wade (who is great in this era) couldn't withstand it in the 90's.

He hates getting touched now, imagine what GP woulda done to him.

LeBron would still be laying on the court wincing and holding the wrong shoulder or ankle after being defended like this, he'd have to look on the Jumbotron (as usual) to see which side of the body he actually got fouled on just so he could get some fake sympathy from the refs/ fans.
    Lebron is 6'8 250-260 with hardly any fat.

If players would be allowed to be more physical, Lebron's game would go up when compared to his peers (Kevin Durant who can't even bench 190 lbs, D. Rose, Westbrook, etc).

Next time, think about what you want to say before posting it.

In the series clinching game 6... Jordan attempted more FT attempts than the Sonics by himself

Local High School Star WillyJakk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Lebron is 6'8 250-260 with hardly any fat.

If players would be allowed to be more physical, Lebron's game would go up when compared to his peers (Kevin Durant who can't even bench 190 lbs, D. Rose, Westbrook, etc).

Next time, think about what you want to say before posting it.
    He's soft & you know it (and I like the guy, he's just cut from a different cloth).

Body of a King, Heart of a kitten:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foaPMZxtzx4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIkBjuVGbb4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrBR_...feature=fvwrel

Complete Player

Can you imagine stars today receiving this kind of contact before even catching the ball? They would cry bloody murder. You don't see Jordan crying, flopping or flaling and this is 35 year old MJ That's when they used to play like men.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI3TnDgfpNA#t=5m46s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI3TnDgfpNA#t=8m07s

Troll who tries to provoke you

Lightbulb Re: Micheal Jordan vs Sonics defense 1996 finals

I remember watching this whole NBA Finals series live on NBC

-The defense Peyton, 1996 NBA DPOY was playing on Jordan, 1996 NBA MVP was stuff of legends.

-Peyton despite being shorter was extremely physical and many times absolutely illegal & foul worthy

-1996 Sonics help defense was also excellent as Peyton was Dumar's like & their collective help in containing Jordan won them 2 games & almost won them 2 more games.

-Prime-physical-Peyton & Coach Karl realised best way to contain past-his-prime MJ is to tire him out completely by expending his energy completely so he has little energy left offensively & it worked to certain extent.

-This is when Kukoc, Rodman & Kerr were superb offensively as Pippen's offensive game continue to struggle as usual in NBA Finals when bulls needed the most.

-One can make a case that MJ could've shared his 1996 FMVP with Rodman but Rodman needed to score more to distance himself from Kerr & Kukoc which did not happened. The Worm's one deminsionality costed him FMVP here.

Kobe-esque shooting

That's not Michael Jordan. Nice blocked by Kemp on MJ in that series. I really wanted the Sonics to win the NBA title in 1996.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 04-16-2012 at 08:43 PM.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan

-The defense Payton, 1996 NBA DPOY was playing on Jordan, 1996 NBA MVP was stuff of legends.

-Peyton despite being shorter was extremely physical and many times absolutely illegal & foul worthy

-1996 Sonics help defense was also excellent as Payton was Dumars like & their collective help in containing Jordan won them 2 games & almost won them 2 more games.

-Prime-physical-Payton & Coach Karl realized best way to contain past-his-prime MJ is to tire him out completely by expending his energy completely so he has little energy left offensively & it worked to certain extent.

-This is when Kukoc, Rodman & Kerr were superb offensively as Pippen's offensive game continue to struggle as usual in NBA Finals when bulls needed the most.

-One can make a case that MJ could've shared his 1996 FMVP with Rodman but Rodman needed to score more to distance himself from Kerr & Kukoc which did not happened. The Worm's one dimensionality cost him FMVP here.
    Payton.

Great college starter

This might be Jordan's worst shooting series of his career in the Finals....

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...96_finals.html

Jordan = 41.5%FG from the floor.

Notice the whole team only shot 41.6%.

Scottie Pippen = 15.7ppg on 34.3%FG....9 for 39 from the 3-point line...(Scottie carried Jordan = )
    Steve Kerr = 5.0ppg on 30.3%FG....4 for 22 from the 3-point line.
    Ron Harper = 6.5ppg on 37.5%FG
    Toni Kukoc = 13.0ppg on 42.3%FG

What a hard fought series that was, despite the early 3-0 lead by the Bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    This might be Jordan's worst shooting series of his career in the Finals....

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...96_finals.html

Jordan = 41.5%FG from the floor.

Notice the whole team only shot 41.6%.

Scottie Pippen = 15.7ppg on 34.3%FG....9 for 39 from the 3-point line...(Scottie carried Jordan = )
    Steve Kerr = 5.0ppg on 30.3%FG....4 for 22 from the 3-point line.
    Ron Harper = 6.5ppg on 37.5%FG
    Toni Kukoc = 13.0ppg on 42.3%FG

What a hard fought series that was, despite the early 3-0 lead by the Bulls.
    Was pippen playing injured during that series?

Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan

-The defense Peyton, 1996 NBA DPOY was playing on Jordan, 1996 NBA MVP was stuff of legends.

-1996 Sonics help defense was also excellent as Peyton was Dumar's like & their collective help in containing Jordan won them 2 games & almost won them 2 more games.

-Prime-physical-Peyton & Coach Karl realised best way to contain past-his-prime MJ is to tire him out completely by expending his energy completely so he has little energy left offensively & it worked to certain extent.

-One can make a case that MJ could've shared his 1996 FMVP with Rodman but Rodman needed to score more to distance himself from Kerr & Kukoc which did not happened. The Worm's one deminsionality costed him FMVP here.
    Rodman should've won the FMVP. When the opposing teams coach laments that he (Rodman) won 2 of the bulls 4 wins by himself, nothing more needs to be said. And don't short change Luc Longleys role in that finals. He killed the sonics when they doubled jordan.